Author of “A Greater Tomorrow” to Speak on Live Radio Today

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Re: Author of “A Greater Tomorrow” to Speak on Live Radio To

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

#:-s
Robert Sinclair wrote:I have given this friendly advice before, given of the Scriptures, if they will sell you the truth by books or lectures for money then go not after them. ♡
by aigerim » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm conflicted here about receiving money for books you write...

Case 1: A person writes a book of "personal opinions". People buy the book. People like the book. The person makes money. I say, More power to them!

Case 2: A person writes a book of "sacred knowledge received from the Lord." People buy the book. People like the book. The person makes money. I say, Wo unto you!

I would not want to earn one single penny from sharing knowledge I had received directly from the Lord. :-ss

Okay, those who disagree, go ahead and blast me..... :ymhug:

What happens if they take the proceeds and give it all to the poor?

Would we rethink robotic responses, bearing in mind the author(s) were directed by the Lord to share these specific messages ?

njb

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

You make a point. I just pass along what the spirit moves me to post. Let God be the judge it is true. But as far as following after to be led I have comfort in the Scriptures written of all the families of the earth that have been revealed and are as yet held back by Jesus Christ himself yet to reveal. ♡

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

aigerim wrote:I'm conflicted here about receiving money for books you write...

Case 1: A person writes a book of "personal opinions". People buy the book. People like the book. The person makes money. I say, More power to them!

Case 2: A person writes a book of "sacred knowledge received from the Lord." People buy the book. People like the book. The person makes money. I say, Wo unto you!

I would not want to earn one single penny from sharing knowledge I had received directly from the Lord. :-ss

Okay, those who disagree, go ahead and blast me..... :ymhug:
How else do you expect people to get the word out, if not by book? Like it or not, that's how God did it.

Writing a book is a pain in the rear and it brings in hardly any money. Give it a try.

aigerim
captain of 100

Post by aigerim »

Getting a message out is fine.

If you are on the Lords errand, earning money for yourself is what I take offense to.

If the book makes money, give it to charity.

Maksim
captain of 10

Post by Maksim »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:
What happens if they take the proceeds and give it all to the poor? Would we rethink robotic responses, bearing in mind the author(s) were directed by the Lord to share these specific messages ?
Does the woman in question give "all" her proceeds to the poor as you've stated? If not, your argument is pointless. If she does, she could allay concerns such as those raised by aigerim and Robert Sinclair ("I have given this friendly advice before, given of the Scriptures, if they will sell you the truth by books or lectures for money then go not after them.) by stating what she does with the proceeds. Denver Snuffer makes such disclosures from time to time.

Furthermore, what exactly was "robotic" about Aigerim's comment? She did not condemn the woman, she merely said that she (aigerim) would not want to make money from sharing knowledge. Aigerim expressed a caveat about people who appear to make money from their religious experiences. Doing so seems to fit nicely within the definition of priestcraft: "Priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the Welfare of Zion…. But the laborer in Zion shall labor for Zion; for if they labor for money they shall perish" (2 Ne. 26:29, 31).

SamFisher wrote:
How else do you expect people to get the word out, if not by book? Like it or not, that's how God did it.Writing a book is a pain in the rear and it brings in hardly any money. Give it a try.
This argument simply won't hold water. Can you really not think of any other way to "get the word out" other than writing and selling a book? It seems to me that Denver Snuffer has done a pretty good job of "getting the word out" without making a personal profit. So good, in fact, that he got excommunicated. There are numerous ways to get the word out without profiting from it yourself, including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Blogs, web pages, free lectures (ala Denver Snuffer).

Aigerim even had the prescience to foreshadow such criticism when she wrote:
"Okay, those who disagree, go ahead and blast me....."
When people charge money for sharing spiritual knowledge, the very essence of Zion is shattered. I've even read posts on this forum complaining about priestcraft in the case of TCOJCOLDS charging for temple clothes. When you tell people they can learn more by buying and reading your book, you cannot complain when people look at your comments with a jaundiced eye.

Lance
captain of 100

Post by Lance »

-
Last edited by Lance on June 24th, 2015, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance
captain of 100

Post by Lance »

-

Lance
captain of 100

Post by Lance »

-

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

She also mentions in her interview how important it is to be spiritually prepared she gives us the example at Hauns Mill, if the people were listening to the Holy Ghost they may have known to leave before the massacre, and she really is not making much off the book.

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

Julie Rowe spoke in Logan, UT on Thursday evening. She came from AZ to give the lecture, and there was no charge for admittance.

One of the things she pointed out was that the message she has is not about her, and it really isn't. Its about getting ready so that we don''t suffer. Its about getting ready so that we can enjoy the glorious future that awaits the saints who believe and obey God's will.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Maksim wrote:notjamesbond003.5 wrote:
What happens if they take the proceeds and give it all to the poor? Would we rethink robotic responses, bearing in mind the author(s) were directed by the Lord to share these specific messages ?
Does the woman in question give "all" her proceeds to the poor as you've stated? If not, your argument is pointless. If she does, she could allay concerns such as those raised by aigerim and Robert Sinclair ("I have given this friendly advice before, given of the Scriptures, if they will sell you the truth by books or lectures for money then go not after them.) by stating what she does with the proceeds. Denver Snuffer makes such disclosures from time to time.

Furthermore, what exactly was "robotic" about Aigerim's comment? She did not condemn the woman, she merely said that she (aigerim) would not want to make money from sharing knowledge. Aigerim expressed a caveat about people who appear to make money from their religious experiences. Doing so seems to fit nicely within the definition of priestcraft: "Priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the Welfare of Zion…. But the laborer in Zion shall labor for Zion; for if they labor for money they shall perish" (2 Ne. 26:29, 31).

SamFisher wrote:
How else do you expect people to get the word out, if not by book? Like it or not, that's how God did it.Writing a book is a pain in the rear and it brings in hardly any money. Give it a try.
This argument simply won't hold water. Can you really not think of any other way to "get the word out" other than writing and selling a book? It seems to me that Denver Snuffer has done a pretty good job of "getting the word out" without making a personal profit. So good, in fact, that he got excommunicated. There are numerous ways to get the word out without profiting from it yourself, including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Blogs, web pages, free lectures (ala Denver Snuffer).

When people charge money for sharing spiritual knowledge, the very essence of Zion is shattered. I've even read posts on this forum complaining about priestcraft in the case of TCOJCOLDS charging for temple clothes. When you tell people they can learn more by buying and reading your book, you cannot complain when people look at your comments with a jaundiced eye.
Maksim

I think you took my "robotic" comment attributed to Robert and inferred I was addressing Algerim.
Wrong.
Robert took my question and said it was a good point.

Algerim and I are friends here, so, no need to spread contention.

I think you and few others are all caught up on one thing, sadly- which is poisoning and blinding you on what this good Sister has to offer.
Did you go after John Pointus and Spencer the same way, both who have seen the Savior and may have kept perhaps 2 and 1/2 cents per copy of their books once everything washed out ?

Did you scream:
Priestcraft,
Filthy Lucre?
No need to answer the questions, they're rhetorical.

A certain Apostle of Christ's was also preoccupied with money, how it was exactly spent and exactly distributed. It was his Achilles Heel and led to his eventual downfall.

Re: John 12:5

Don't look for fault in others, it will only blind you.

njb

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

Maksim wrote:notjamesbond003.5 wrote:

SamFisher wrote:

Maksim, you have compared Julie Rowe to Denver Snuffer from a financial perspective, which I think is fair. Denver has stated that he donates all profits to the missionary department. Julie said (Logan lecture) that she makes more than 43 cents per book, but she didn't say what she does with the money. Can either claim can be verified without looking at their tax returns?

I would like to make another comparison between these two authors. From the verse you quoted above:
"Priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world". From my perspective, this clearly describes Denver Snuffer like no other. Julie Rowe, on the other hand, states clearly that we need to follow the promptings of the Spirit, and the counsel of the prophets and apostles. She does not offer new doctrine that we must follow if we want to avoid being burned up.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Actually, I've read and listened to both.
Both point to the Savior and or Spirit and not to them.

Denver may inadvertently come across as setting himself as a light, but I heard him too may times point all ppl to Christ in his writings and lectures, over and over again.

Julie is doing the same thing.

I see both as True Messengers along w many others.
I don't look for gotcha moments, like some may sadly do.
We should focus on the Truths they've been told or commanded to share.

That's all.

njb

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

Gideon wrote:She does not offer new doctrine that we must follow if we want to avoid being burned up.
I'm curious when Denver has done that? I've not seen any new doctrine from him, just reminding us of what we already have, but may have forgotten or didn't know.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

The brethern sell books... Are they profiteering... Why don't they give you free Book of Mormons at Deseret books...

Also, Denver sniffer is excommunicated.... Not going there....

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:Actually, I've read and listened to both.
Both point to the Savior and or Spirit and not to them.

Denver may inadvertently come across as setting himself as a light, but I heard him too may times point all ppl to Christ in his writings and lectures, over and over again.

Julie is doing the same thing.

I see both as True Messengers along w many others.
I don't look for gotcha moments, like some may sadly do.
We should focus on the Truths they've been told or commanded to share.

That's all.

njb
In pointing people to Christ does that include telling them that the prophets since BY are all hacks... And if they are social hacks then who would be a real prophet then.... Hum.... Maybe he considers himself to be.... Not listening to that dude especially for getting himself excommunicated...

sarahmj
captain of 100

Post by sarahmj »

Latter-day Patriot wrote:One thing that struck me was when Crenshaw asked Rowe about the next election and if there would even be one. She hesitated and responded, "When you're invited to gather, you need to join." She also said that to her understanding martial law will be declared after the gathering. This leads me to believe that before President Obama's term is up, the saints will be led to refuge and shortly after, President Obama could institute martial law, thereby extending the duration (and power) of his presidency. Thoughts?
I am saving this thread and will be rehashing it when the 2016 elections are over. Stop falling for this stuff people!

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

sarahmj wrote:
Latter-day Patriot wrote:One thing that struck me was when Crenshaw asked Rowe about the next election and if there would even be one. She hesitated and responded, "When you're invited to gather, you need to join." She also said that to her understanding martial law will be declared after the gathering. This leads me to believe that before President Obama's term is up, the saints will be led to refuge and shortly after, President Obama could institute martial law, thereby extending the duration (and power) of his presidency. Thoughts?
I am saving this thread and will be rehashing it when the 2016 elections are over. Stop falling for this stuff people!
You are really anti-Julie Rowe..... and that's okay... I'm taking her words with a grain of salt...

But just wondering, I see your location as Austrailia... have you always lived there? I'm wondering if your not as concerned with what she has to say or the impending doom in American because you don't live here. A lot of people are freaked out about all the crap that is going on, ie Obama, riots, economy, debt... many of us can see how all this can come toppling down really quick and how that has accelerated under the Obama regime!

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

This is the biggest waste of time, ever.. I listened to her 3 hour radio interview and was not impressed at all. She gives ZERO, I repeat ZERO new information that is not already been described in books and lectures already revealed by others more reliable sources like prophets and apostles and the bible and the Book of Mormon.

She only repeats what others have already stated. Every thing she is reported to review has already been given by others.

I find the Bishop's dream in Texas to be way more creditable that this lady. He goes into great detail about what he and his own family will experience. He gave specific details about saints will come from Florida and Georgia will come through Texas and they have to negotiate just to travel through some towns just to make their way to Utah. He gives and names city that are over run by riots. He posted his vision on this forum.

"That's one of those questions I'm not allowed to get specific on", is her answer to 90% of every question asked of her.

She says the forces of darkness don't want you to know this. She buys cars and only keeps them for 5 years. She saw the car that she will drive to the place of refuse. They just bought that car. She says you only have at most 5 years.

Nothing new here.

Oh wait she did reveal one new never before released information: Her second book is coming out! called "The time is now". @-)

I'll pass on this.

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

This you are missing the mark. The idea is that we don't look at Julie Rowe as a prophetess and bow down before her. No! Its another witness. Things are coming to pass. If I were the Lord, I would let people be very specific either. Too many moving targets than can slow down or accelerate the events that are coming. She gives very good advice and sprinkled among her (so called 90% statements) are some interesting tid-bits of information. Also, it really was for her as she had readily said, only about 2% of what she saw is actually in the book. As we get closer, perhaps the Lord will allow her to come forth with more.

As in VofG, which was very personal account, dates and times are not what is going to be given because they are fluid. The point is: GET READY! Follow the admonition of the Brethren: food storage, debt, etc. etc. etc. As for places of refuge, several other prophecies by Presidents of the Church mention these also along with "cities of light". That doesn't make her statements of these same things redundant and meaningless, but more of 2nd or 3rd witness.

There is truth everywhere, and a person would be ill-advised to throw it away simply because there's no "new" material. If these NDEs are from God there should be similarities between them all.

Latter-day Patriot
captain of 50

Post by Latter-day Patriot »

I agree with Zowieink. Julie Rowe accomplished what she set out to do by publishing the book, being interviewed for radio, etc. It was just enough information for my wife and I to feel the inspiration to heed the existing counsel of the Church and get our one-year supply of food storage, further commit ourselves to follow the Prophet, and anticipate future events with caution. We were awoken in a sense. I feel that neither my wife nor I needed more detail than what she has already presented, and Rowe still promises to elaborate even more with her new book coming out. If she were to give us much more detail, then we would have less opportunity to exercise our faith, wouldn't you agree? Those who are in-tune with the spirit will recognize the truth, even in small amounts, and prepare themselves accordingly. I believe this is part of the sifting of the wheat from the tares. Those with eyes to see and ears to hear will respond to the small whisperings of the spirit because they are spiritually sensitive. I think it says a lot about those who can discern truth by means of the Holy Ghost without the need for concrete supporting evidence. This is how the Lord works. He needs a faithful people who are in-tune with the spirit. As I (and many others) have stated many times on this forum, the spirit has testified to my wife and me that Julie Rowe's message is from God and it has only brought peace and confidence to my family. Doesn't that count for something? The many testimonies of others. Or, are we all out of tune with the spirit?

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

wompus wrote:
notjamesbond003.5 wrote:Actually, I've read and listened to both.
In pointing people to Christ does that include telling them that the prophets since BY are all hacks....
No, that's not Julie's take, so she could be considered a safe option for you.

:)
njb