Possible Lecture/Symposium in South Valley or Provo

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
DragonSlayer
captain of 100

Possible Lecture/Symposium in South Valley or Provo

Post by DragonSlayer »

I would like to perhaps give a lecture or host some kind of meeting where I would speak and perhaps others in either the South Valley area or Provo, maybe at a library or some other meeting place. I would like to get a feeling for the interest that there would be, and what kind of format people would be interested in. I would like to know who would have interest in speaking besides me and what kind of subjects they would like. It could be some kind of a small symposium, workshop, lecture, or something. There is quite a range of subjects that could be covered that I have written on, from Book of Mormon Geography, to Book of Abraham related subjects, to Ten Tribes, to Last Days issues to who knows what. I would be looking to do it as cheaply as possible if anybody has any ideas about where it could be done in such a way as to be almost free where I would not have to pay for much of anything except refreshments and I could avoid having to ask anyone else to pay anything. PM me, or respond to this thread, or email me at kokobim@gmail.com. Thanks.

I don't want this to turn into a "study group" thing, but I think there is value in being able to have talks like other symposia type things.

Ed Goble

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Possible Lecture/Symposium in South Valley or Provo

Post by Rose Garden »

Ed, workshops have been done in people's homes and garages (during the summer). Is there anyone you know with a large enough home to accommodate you? I believe rooms in libraries sometimes cost money, but not always, depending on the library.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I checked the Orem library and they have a book discussion room available, but you can not reserve it. It is a first come, first serve sort of thing.

DragonSlayer
captain of 100

Post by DragonSlayer »

I don't really know anybody probably with a big enough house for that, and it may be pretty difficult to find someplace, as you say. I wouldn't want to try to do something that I couldn't count on and reserve, only to find out that some people came and couldn't count on it and wasted their time coming. I'll keep the option open for the future if people develop more interest in the future. But it sounds pretty complicated at the moment. I guess I'll check into other options and see if I can figure out something somewhere. But its mostly just an idea at this point. I guess I don't want to try unless I know there is interest, and most people haven't heard of me before.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

PM me when you are more ready. I have a couple friends who do this sort of thing in their home.

DragonSlayer
captain of 100

Post by DragonSlayer »

Sounds good. Thanks.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »