PHOTOS from LDSFF Dinner & 4-Minute Man Speeches!!!

Do you know of any events, meetings, or lectures that would be of interest to other members? Post the details here.
User avatar
BrianM
The Creator (of the forum)
Posts: 4195
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:37 pm
Contact:

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby BrianM » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Count me in on a 4-minute speech. Not sure what topic yet. As someone mentioned on the other thread, it's a good idea to ask the Lord what message He would like me to deliver... so I'm going to do my best to follow the promptings of the Spirit in preparing this 4-minute speech :-ss :)
All my opinions are tentative pending further data...

The Matrix is real...

Sponsored Links

Advertisements


User avatar
serenitylala
captain of 100
Posts: 961
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:50 am
Contact:

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby serenitylala » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 pm

At a restaurant? Are we booking a private room? ;) I can just see Brian about to talk about deeper doctrines and gets plastered in the face by a glop of a 6 month old's meal that was thrown across the room. lol.

Oh and what about Dymock... he said he wanted to meet up, I wonder if he's interested in this meeting as well.
Find me at: http://disastermedicine-christine.blogspot.com/

Elder Neal A Maxwell: "One cannot have adequate faith in a Christ whom he does not adequately know."

reese
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2186
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:51 am

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby reese » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:44 am

JulesGP wrote:So far, speakers include:
    serenitylala
    BrianM
    JulesGP

Other RSVPs:
    reese
    shadow

Shadow and reese, can you let me know if either of you will be willing to speak? (Shadow I wasn't sure if yours was a true commitment ;) .)

I think shadow should provide the entertainment. :ymparty: I think I just want to listen this time.

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 am

JulesGP wrote:
reese wrote:
JulesGP wrote:So far, speakers include:
    serenitylala
    BrianM
    JulesGP

Other RSVPs:
    reese
    shadow

Shadow and reese, can you let me know if either of you will be willing to speak? (Shadow I wasn't sure if yours was a true commitment ;) .)

I think shadow should provide the entertainment. :ymparty: I think I just want to listen this time.

Here, here! What say ye Shadow?

I'd LOVE to hear from OI, Jason, Mahonri, Col.... any other nominees? :D

Jules, thanks for the stage offer again - I am honored. :ymhug: I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to make it at this juncture - if I do, it might not be until a bit later in the evening. I'll have to play this one by ear. I'd love to meet everyone though, that's for sure and Porter's Place is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I'll let you know if I can make it early next week as there are too many variables for me on a day to day basis to say for sure yet. It's going to be difficult for me to get there by 6:30 because of my work schedule, but I might be able to make it by 7:30, so the liklihood of my making it on time to deliver a 4 minute speech isn't all that good. :( One thing about Porter's Place though - it is a VERY small restaurant - when you walk in, if you're at all claustrophobic, you may need to walk out every now and then (especially if you guys end up upstairs). Their food is also a bit pricey, so don't be surprised if you have to fork over $20-$25 for a meal for one person.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

User avatar
shadow
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7135
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:22 am

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby shadow » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 pm

JulesGP wrote:What say ye Shadow?


My agent was working up the contract (which required an alcohol bar for superslob and Mark and no facial hair at all for the men in attendance) when he realized Lehi is about a 4 hr round trip drive from my comfy abode in the valley of Cache. I'll have to pass, especially since I'll be in Salt Lake on the 15th. But when you bless the food make sure you remember to bless all the LDSFF members that couldn't make it, that they'll make it next time.
"behold, he aspireth to establish his counsel instead of the counsel which I have ordained, even that of the Presidency of my Church" -The Lord
“Look to the Presidency and receive instruction,” -The Prophet Joseph Smith

Squally
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1337
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:34 am

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Squally » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:45 pm

shadow wrote: But when you bless the food make sure you remember to bless all the LDSFF members that couldn't make it, that they'll make it next time.

=)) =))

Bob Webster
Hi, I'm new.
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Bob Webster » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm an old Cleon Skousen Freeman of Idaho Falls area, & active in Constitutional topics. I;m as radical as Patrick Henry. I'd be pleased to dine with you and offer a 4-minute tidbit, such as:

Immigration Oxymoron
Re-Declaration of Indpendence
Political Parties - Founders' View

Bob Webster
770 N. 100 W.
Pleasant Grove, UT. 84062
801-785-4726
websterbob801@gmail.com

User avatar
Dylock
captain of 10
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: Salt Lake City

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Dylock » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Count me in

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5147
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:16 am

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Col. Flagg wrote:Jules, thanks for the stage offer again - I am honored. :ymhug: I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to make it at this juncture - if I do, it might not be until a bit later in the evening. I'll have to play this one by ear. I'd love to meet everyone though, that's for sure and Porter's Place is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I'll let you know if I can make it early next week as there are too many variables for me on a day to day basis to say for sure yet. It's going to be difficult for me to get there by 6:30 because of my work schedule, but I might be able to make it by 7:30, so the liklihood of my making it on time to deliver a 4 minute speech isn't all that good. :( One thing about Porter's Place though - it is a VERY small restaurant - when you walk in, if you're at all claustrophobic, you may need to walk out every now and then (especially if you guys end up upstairs). Their food is also a bit pricey, so don't be surprised if you have to fork over $20-$25 for a meal for one person.


Listen big spender just eat some ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese at home before going to the dinner so that all you have to pay for is some dessert at that greasy spoon. Who knows maybe somebody will split dessert with you so you can just rob your kids piggy bank of the quarters needed for your share of the bill. :-B
You are a true nothing Mark.

reese
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2186
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:51 am

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby reese » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Mark wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:Jules, thanks for the stage offer again - I am honored. :ymhug: I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to make it at this juncture - if I do, it might not be until a bit later in the evening. I'll have to play this one by ear. I'd love to meet everyone though, that's for sure and Porter's Place is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I'll let you know if I can make it early next week as there are too many variables for me on a day to day basis to say for sure yet. It's going to be difficult for me to get there by 6:30 because of my work schedule, but I might be able to make it by 7:30, so the liklihood of my making it on time to deliver a 4 minute speech isn't all that good. :( One thing about Porter's Place though - it is a VERY small restaurant - when you walk in, if you're at all claustrophobic, you may need to walk out every now and then (especially if you guys end up upstairs). Their food is also a bit pricey, so don't be surprised if you have to fork over $20-$25 for a meal for one person.


Listen big spender just eat some ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese at home before going to the dinner so that all you have to pay for is some dessert at that greasy spoon. Who knows maybe somebody will split dessert with you so you can just rob your kids piggy bank of the quarters needed for your share of the bill. :-B

http://youtu.be/CFsSC_qAGlQ

User avatar
serenitylala
captain of 100
Posts: 961
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:50 am
Contact:

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby serenitylala » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:05 am

Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel. I just got notification that I have to attend a government meeting run by the HRSA that evening.
Find me at: http://disastermedicine-christine.blogspot.com/

Elder Neal A Maxwell: "One cannot have adequate faith in a Christ whom he does not adequately know."

reese
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2186
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:51 am

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby reese » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 am

serenitylala wrote:Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel. I just got notification that I have to attend a government meeting run by the HRSA that evening.

Oh No! I was really looking forward to meeting you. :((

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Mark wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:Jules, thanks for the stage offer again - I am honored. :ymhug: I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to make it at this juncture - if I do, it might not be until a bit later in the evening. I'll have to play this one by ear. I'd love to meet everyone though, that's for sure and Porter's Place is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I'll let you know if I can make it early next week as there are too many variables for me on a day to day basis to say for sure yet. It's going to be difficult for me to get there by 6:30 because of my work schedule, but I might be able to make it by 7:30, so the liklihood of my making it on time to deliver a 4 minute speech isn't all that good. :( One thing about Porter's Place though - it is a VERY small restaurant - when you walk in, if you're at all claustrophobic, you may need to walk out every now and then (especially if you guys end up upstairs). Their food is also a bit pricey, so don't be surprised if you have to fork over $20-$25 for a meal for one person.


Listen big spender just eat some ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese at home before going to the dinner so that all you have to pay for is some dessert at that greasy spoon. Who knows maybe somebody will split dessert with you so you can just rob your kids piggy bank of the quarters needed for your share of the bill. :-B

You just mind your own P's and Q's you old coot! I just spent some of our extra money on my wife for her b-day (got her a posture-pedic foam mattress and some other things) and it took all of the pennies, nickels and quarters out of my kids' piggy banks to buy in addition to raiding our 401k - I gotta think frugally here Mark. Besides, I'm not like you where all I have to worry about is my van down by the river!
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 pm

JulesGP wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:Jules, thanks for the stage offer again - I am honored. :ymhug: I'm not 100% certain I'll be able to make it at this juncture - if I do, it might not be until a bit later in the evening. I'll have to play this one by ear. I'd love to meet everyone though, that's for sure and Porter's Place is about a 5 minute walk from my house. I'll let you know if I can make it early next week as there are too many variables for me on a day to day basis to say for sure yet. It's going to be difficult for me to get there by 6:30 because of my work schedule, but I might be able to make it by 7:30, so the liklihood of my making it on time to deliver a 4 minute speech isn't all that good. :( One thing about Porter's Place though - it is a VERY small restaurant - when you walk in, if you're at all claustrophobic, you may need to walk out every now and then (especially if you guys end up upstairs). Their food is also a bit pricey, so don't be surprised if you have to fork over $20-$25 for a meal for one person.


Col, we'd love to have you show up at 7:30 if that's when you can make it!! AND... you should order off the cheaper section of the menu... I never pay more than $10-15 ;)

I'm going to try and make it, even if I am late - would love to meet you all. :) They must have added a cheaper section to the menu because the last time I was there (1997, yep, 14 years), it was for a work party and nothing on the menu was under $20 as far as their entrees. Their food is good though. I totally forgot about this meet-up until this morning - it has been a mentally draining week so far at work with lots going on, including my wife's b-day yesterday. I'll try and pop over before 8:00.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Col. Flagg » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 pm

JulesGP wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:I'm going to try and make it, even if I am late - would love to meet you all. :) They must have added a cheaper section to the menu because the last time I was there (1997, yep, 14 years), it was for a work party and nothing on the menu was under $20 as far as their entrees. Their food is good though. I totally forgot about this meet-up until this morning - it has been a mentally draining week so far at work with lots going on, including my wife's b-day yesterday. I'll try and pop over before 8:00.

:ymparty:

Sorry I didn't make it - got tied up at home. :( How was the gathering? Who spoke and what was discussed?
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

User avatar
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9283
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Original_Intent » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:01 pm

It is good that you didn't make it as you would have been a week early, Col!

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby Col. Flagg » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Original_Intent wrote:It is good that you didn't make it as you would have been a week early, Col!

#-o See - that's the sort of week I've had, especially at work. Cool - looks like I still may get to make it on the 16th! :)
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

User avatar
BrianM
The Creator (of the forum)
Posts: 4195
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:37 pm
Contact:

Re: LDSFF Dinner Thurs. 02/16 @ 6:30pm + 4-Minute Man Speech

Postby BrianM » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:39 pm

The space is filling up but we do have room for a few more... let us know if you plan on coming. :)
All my opinions are tentative pending further data...

The Matrix is real...

User avatar
BrianM
The Creator (of the forum)
Posts: 4195
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:37 pm
Contact:

Re: PHOTOS from LDSFF Dinner & 4-Minute Man Speeches!!!

Postby BrianM » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:46 pm

I came totally unprepared (and failed at sticking to 4 minutes) but still I thought it was a good, fun meeting. Good speeches, etc. :ymapplause:
All my opinions are tentative pending further data...

The Matrix is real...

heidibear
captain of 10
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:51 am

Re: PHOTOS from LDSFF Dinner & 4-Minute Man Speeches!!!

Postby heidibear » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:14 am

I thought you did very well. It was a fun meeting I was glad I was able to go and with no kids to chase around. :)

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: PHOTOS from LDSFF Dinner & 4-Minute Man Speeches!!!

Postby Col. Flagg » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 pm

JulesGP wrote:Please forgive me as I don't remember everyone's names. If anyone remembers, please let me know or add to the post! Also, there are more photos to come, as well as recordings of the 4-minute speeches.

Thank you to everyone who attended, it was a nice evening with some fun topics discussed!

Jules - pic # 20.19.46 includes (the two men standing up) Sam Bushman (left) and Curt Crosby (right) - they do a local radio show on 1480 AM called Liberty Roundtable (I was a guest for a 9/11 show they did back in September). They are terrific guys and very much into helping awaken people to what is going on in our country while fighting for freedom and truth.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: PHOTOS from LDSFF Dinner & 4-Minute Man Speeches!!!

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:06 pm

JulesGP wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:
JulesGP wrote:Please forgive me as I don't remember everyone's names. If anyone remembers, please let me know or add to the post! Also, there are more photos to come, as well as recordings of the 4-minute speeches.

Thank you to everyone who attended, it was a nice evening with some fun topics discussed!

Jules - pic # 20.19.46 includes (the two men standing up) Sam Bushman (left) and Curt Crosby (right) - they do a local radio show on 1480 AM called Liberty Roundtable (I was a guest for a 9/11 show they did back in September). They are terrific guys and very much into helping awaken people to what is going on in our country while fighting for freedom and truth.

Col thank you so much for posting this - I'm so bad with names, but they WERE great guys, and I hope we'll have the opportunity to have them at future events! I enjoyed Sam Bushman, he actually gave TWO 4-minute presentations, off the top of his head, no notes! :ymapplause:

You are welcome Jules! That's Sam for you - very intelligent and witty.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila


Return to “Events, Meetings, Lectures, etc...”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests