Meanwhile, the Trump sycophants are in denial over...

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Meanwhile, the Trump sycophants are in denial over...

Post by Silver »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-0 ... e-his-bank" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mnuchin better not get approved by Congress. Trump's choices are bad for the country. Yet telling the truth like that upsets those who belong to the priesthood of R.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: Meanwhile, the Trump sycophants are in denial over...

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-0 ... e-his-bank

Mnuchin better not get approved by Congress. Trump's choices are bad for the country. Yet telling the truth like that upsets those who belong to the priesthood of R.
What are sycophants? Its hard to be offended without a definition, and I thought we were deplorables! :)) :ymparty:

I looked it up;

sycophant - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/sycophant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A sycophant is a person who tries to win favor from wealthy or influential people by flattering them. Also known as brown-nosers, teacher's pets or suck-ups. =)) It doesn't make up all bad! :D

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Ok, you convinced me. Lets redo this and get Hillary instead cause she would have made way better choices.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Thomas wrote:Ok, you convinced me. Lets redo this and get Hillary instead cause she would have made way better choices.
Clearly, yours is nothing more than a false dichotomy. Are you really able to be that flippant over the law being broken by the possible future Secretary of the Treasury?

How can you guys overlook the gravity of what is being perpetrated in the name of Trump and the Republican Party and only attack the messenger?

How many times do the Republican politicians who are elected president have to betray you before you admit to yourselves that they are traitors just like the Democrats?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver wrote:
Thomas wrote:Ok, you convinced me. Lets redo this and get Hillary instead cause she would have made way better choices.
Clearly, yours is nothing more than a false dichotomy. Are you really able to be that flippant over the law being broken by the possible future Secretary of the Treasury?

How can you guys overlook the gravity of what is being perpetrated in the name of Trump and the Republican Party and only attack the messenger?

How many times do the Republican politicians who are elected president have to betray you before you admit to yourselves that they are traitors just like the Democrats?

No they are not like the Democrats. Now, I mean Trump. The Republicans did not win this election. Trump did.
No, he is not perfect. None of us think that.
But he is light years closer to perfection than Satan's number one minion the Hella Beast.
dc

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

David13 wrote:
Silver wrote:

No they are not like the Democrats. Now, I mean Trump. The Republicans did not win this election. Trump did.
No, he is not perfect. None of us think that.
But he is light years closer to perfection than Satan's number one minion the Hella Beast.
dc
Republicans accepted the Rockefellers within their ranks and gave you Richard Nixon. Republicans passed the Patriot Act. Republicans sent the NDAA of 2012 to Obama for his signature. If the Republicans weren't part of the secret combination, you'd hear more about the secret combination. No, sorry, but you're only fooling yourself if you can't see that both Republicans and Democrats are on the same tyrannical team.

I don't expect perfection in a president. I voted for Darrell Castle and have never claimed him to be the complete package. He was, however, truthful about the gap between true Constitutional principles and reality.

If somebody wants to start an anti-Hillary thread I will happily offer comments about why she should be imprisoned. What I'm trying to point out though is that a current US senator from California broke the law and benefited a guy who will likely become Treasury Secretary. He contributed to her campaign. Quid pro quo. Your government, comprised of both Democrats and Republicans stinketh to high heaven. Corrupt to the core. Trump is part of the stink not the solution. Let's have a discussion about that.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Even some smart Catholics can see how Trump is betraying his supporters...
http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/201 ... more-98214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Thinking Housewife

Trump’s Wall Street Sharks
January 9, 2017
MICHAEL KRIEGER writes here:
The biggest disappointment regarding Donald Trump since being elected President has been his total embrace of dangerous Wall Street thieves. As it is currently structured and incentivized, the financial services industry represents one of the most destructive and least beneficial forces within the U.S. economy. It is essentially a parasitic industry.

Unfortunately, Trump didn’t merely pick one or two competent finance guys to be in charge of finance-related jobs. Rather, he decided to surround himself with some of the worst of the worst (see links at the end) within an industry that often operates like a criminal syndicate. Treasury Secretary pick Steven Mnuchin is one of these people, and I believe this choice represents the single biggest mistake Trump has made as President-elect.
A very large percentage of the American public (including myself), remain irate at the complete lack of any justice served with regard to finance criminals in the aftermath of the economic collapse of 2008/09. When it comes to greedy, unethical behavior in the wake of that tragic period, Steve Mnuchin is in a class of his own. To appoint such a toxic financial oligarch to Treasury Secretary is a serious slap in the face to all American citizens.
Journalist David Dayen accurately described Mnuchin as the “Anti-Populist from Hell” in an excellent article published back in May of last year. [See more here.]

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Silver wrote:

It was a binary choice whether you want to admit it or not.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Thomas wrote:
Silver wrote:

It was a binary choice whether you want to admit it or not.
Tell that to those who voted for Jill Stein. You're wrong whether you want to admit it or not.