Trump = Traitor, Part 2

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Trump = Traitor, Part 2

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote:
Silver wrote:
freedomforall wrote:Video of Obama Making Fun of Trump Backfires

Trump has saved jobs already. A very good sign of a traitor, right?
Being at leisure for a few minutes, I'll play along. At what cost did he "save" jobs?
That's for you skeptics and name callers to find out and report. Presented hearsay on my part will not constitute understanding and acceptance on your part.
If you can't answer the question, FFA, perhaps another Trump supporter will try. We needn't surrender so quickly.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

GradyKeyser wrote:Politics must be mixed with religion in CHURCH. In our religious setting we must stand one in politics.
On this most important point, I whole heartedly agree.

Ezra Taft Benson
The devil knows that if the elders of Israel should ever wake up, they could step forth and help preserve freedom and extend the gospel. Therefore the devil has concentrated, and to a large extent successfully, in neutralizing much of the priesthood. He has reduced them to sleeping giants. His arguments are clever….
[Says the devil]: “Don’t do anything in the fight for freedom until the Church sets up its own specific program to save the Constitution.” This brings us right back to the scripture…to those slothful servants who will not do anything until they are “compelled in all things” [D&C 58:26]. Maybe the Lord will never set up a specific church program for the purpose of saving the Constitution. Perhaps if he set one up at this time it might split the Church asunder, and perhaps he does not want that to happen yet for not all the wheat and tares are fully ripe….
[H]ave we elders been warned? Yes, we have. And have we elders been given the guidelines? Yes indeed, we have. And besides, if the Church should ever inaugurate a program [to save the Constitution], who do you think would be in the forefront to get it moving? It would not be those who were sitting on the sidelines prior to that time or those who were appeasing the enemy. It would be those choice spirits who, not waiting to be “commanded in all things,” used their own free will, the counsel of the prophets, and the Spirit of the Lord as guidelines and who entered the battle “in a good cause” and brought to pass much righteousness in freedom’s cause….
Brethren, if we had done our homework and were faithful, we could step forward at this time and help save this country. The fact that most of us are unprepared to do it is an indictment we will have to bear. The longer we wait, the heavier the chains, the deeper the blood, the more the persecution, and the less we can carry out our God-given mandate and worldwide mission. The war in heaven is raging on the earth today. Are you being neutralized in the battle? (April 1965, General Conference)

David O. McKay
Latter-day Saints should have nothing to do with secret combinations and groups antagonistic to the Constitutional law of the land….
Next to being one in worshiping God, there is nothing in this world upon which this Church should be more united than in upholding and defending the Constitution of the United States. (October 1939, General Conference)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Thanks to another thread on LDSFF, I've learned about Rex Tillerson's connection to the Boy Scouts. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those more interested in reading about Tillerson than watching a video:
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... uting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.christianpost.com/news/exxon ... te-172053/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-c ... boy-scouts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course, if Hillary had chosen him he would have been "bad" according to the Republicans on this forum.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Silver wrote:
freedomforall wrote:Video of Obama Making Fun of Trump Backfires

Trump has saved jobs already. A very good sign of a traitor, right?
Being at leisure for a few minutes, I'll play along. At what cost did he "save" jobs?
That's for you skeptics and name callers to find out and report. Presented hearsay on my part will not constitute understanding and acceptance on your part.
If you can't answer the question, FFA, perhaps another Trump supporter will try. We needn't surrender so quickly.
If you can't accept my answer, then I will assume you surrendered already. Your point of rattling on with no substance is telling. Opinions are only that...opinions, you prove them with facts not, conjecture.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote:
Silver wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Silver wrote:
If you can't accept my answer, then I will assume you surrendered already. Your point of rattling on with no substance is telling. Opinions are only that...opinions, you prove them with facts not, conjecture.
How does non-acceptance equal surrender?

I would be happy to have a civil discussion with you.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Silver wrote:
freedomforall wrote: That's for you skeptics and name callers to find out and report. Presented hearsay on my part will not constitute understanding and acceptance on your part.
How does non-acceptance equal surrender?

I would be happy to have a civil discussion with you.
Jobs?
[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by freedomforall on January 21st, 2017, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Right, jobs. That's what we were talking about earlier when you claimed I wouldn't accept what you had to say. Now you've come back with a video featuring the tough talking lady from Fox.

So I ask you, what were the negative effects of Trump "saving" jobs at the Carrier plant in Indiana?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote:Right, jobs. That's what we were talking about earlier when you claimed I wouldn't accept what you had to say. Now you've come back with a video featuring the tough talking lady from Fox.

So I ask you, what were the negative effects of Trump "saving" jobs at the Carrier plant in Indiana?
I think you are the one telling the story.

Trump Scores a Victory Today That Obama Would Have Never Gotten

I had four years in the military and nearly thirty-one years with Western Electric/ AT&T Technologies/Lucent/Alcatel Lucent. Retired in 2001. Tried being a mortgage loan officer for a while, just for the heck of it, but the notion of staying with it ended up in bankruptcy.

Seems nowadays that people only have jobs, not a career. I had a career and I thank heavenly father for it.

BTW, do you know what "job" means? Ya, Just Over Broke.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Cheney emerges as surprise Trump surrogate

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/d ... 6?cmpid=sf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The president-elect trashed his foreign policy during the campaign, but they've found common cause in Rex Tillerson.

During the campaign, Donald Trump trashed the hawkish foreign policy of the second Bush White House. But now he and his team are relying on the man most closely identified with that regime — Dick Cheney — to help ensure Rex Tillerson is confirmed next year as Trump's secretary of state.

As Republicans have voiced reservations about Tillerson’s relationship with Russian president Vladimir Putin, Cheney — himself a former oil executive, a longtime Tillerson friend, and perhaps the country’s most famous foreign policy hawk — is serving as a bridge between the Trump team and skeptical Republican senators.

It’s a scenario no one could have possibly foreseen: that one of the key architects of the Iraq War, which Trump slammed on the campaign trail, is now being enlisted as an emissary for a man Trump wants to help steer his ship of state.

Rick Dearborn, the executive director of the Trump transition and a Senate veteran who served as chief of staff to Alabama senator Jeff Sessions for over a decade, is looking to leverage Cheney's influence with key GOP senators, according to a transition aide.

Another transition aide said Cheney's imprimatur may serve as "a good housekeeping seal of approval" with Republican skeptics. And indeed, Florida senator Marco Rubio received a call from the former vice president earlier this week. The goal: “To move Marco the right way,” according to a source familiar with the conversation. Rubio will cast a pivotal vote on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which must approve the nomination before it proceeds to the full Senate.

The former vice president is also in close contact with senior Trump aides. Cheney speaks frequently with the vice president-elect, Indiana governor Mike Pence, who himself serves as a liaison between the president-elect and Capitol Hill, and who has said he hopes to model his vice presidency on Cheney’s.

“Mike relishes the advice,” said a senior transition aide, who added that Cheney is “willing to do what he’s asked” and “wants to be helpful” to the incoming administration.” The aide denied, however, that Cheney's conversations were part of a coordinated effort between Trump Tower and Capitol Hill to push for Tillerson’s confirmation.

During the campaign, Trump accused the Bush administration of lying about the existence of weapons of mass destruction to embroil the country in the Iraq War. He argued that the move to topple Saddam Hussein “may have been the worst decision” in presidential history.

Cheney was a grudging supporter of the Republican nominee: He spoke out against Trump’s proposed ban on Muslim immigration and did not attend the Republican convention in Cleveland, and told associates privately that he was backing Trump in large measure to help his daughter Liz, who was a Republican candidate for Congress.

Cheney’s involvement in Tillerson’s selection and nomination is surprising for a candidate who railed against the Republican establishment on the campaign trail and was elected to office because of that posture. Yet his reliance on some of the marquee names in the GOP for advice and counsel as he fills his cabinet also marks the beginning of his integration into the Republican establishment as he prepares to move to Washington ahead of his inauguration next month.

Cheney’s words carry weight with the Republican hawks most skeptical of Trump’s quasi-isolationist view of the world. Rubio’s vote is a particular concern because the foreign relations panel is tightly divided between Republicans and Democrats — 10 Republicans, 9 Democrats — so one GOP defection could imperil the nomination. The Florida senator said Saturday that he does not want to see a “friend of Vladimir” at the State Department, a reference to an award of friendship the Kremlin bestowed on Tillerson in 2013.

“I think the pitch Cheney should make is that the Senate has traditionally supported the president’s cabinet nominees,” said a former GOP Senate aide.

Cheney came into the George W. Bush administration having served as chief of staff to Gerald Ford in the wake of the Watergate scandal and seen Congress slowly ship away at the power of the executive. The former VP believes presidents should have wide latitude in selecting cabinet nominees.

That view is likely to square with Trump’s expansive understanding of executive power. It also helps that Cabinet nominations have rarely been rejected by the Senate — it happened only three times in the 20th century.

It may also mark the beginning of a reconciliation of sorts between Trump and the establishment figures he positioned himself against during the campaign. In addition to Cheney, several prominent officials from both Bush administrations are publicly vouching for Tillerson, including former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and a pair of ex-defense secretaries, Robert Gates and James Baker.

“Invariably, the people that know the nominees and have worked with them join hands and work to make sure they are confirmed,” said Spencer Abraham, the former Michigan senator who led the Bush administration’s Department of Energy.

Still, back at Trump Tower there are indications the integration is a work-in-progress. Indeed, the president-elect and his aides consider some Republican lawmakers’ initial aversion to Tillerson a symptom of the establishment’s fecklessness.

“Lawmakers are overall the reason we have the problems that we have, because they think that they’re the smartest people in the world and they sit in D.C. and talk to themselves, and if you don’t sit on the cocktail circuit there you don’t know anything about anything,” said a senior transition aide. “I think they’re intimidated by a guy like this — they don’t know him and he doesn’t owe them anything.”

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote:Right, jobs. That's what we were talking about earlier when you claimed I wouldn't accept what you had to say. Now you've come back with a video featuring the tough talking lady from Fox.

That depends on who you talk to, if you're looking for negativity you will find it, if you're looking for the positive aspects you will find that. :((

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

eddie wrote:

That depends on who you talk to, if you're looking for negativity you will find it, if you're looking for the positive aspects you will find that. :((
I wonder if some people would complain if they were to be hung with a perfectly crafted new rope having an accompanying tag that reads "caution: may severely cut and bruise highly sensitive skin if used for hangings." :-ss

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

eddie wrote:
GradyKeyser wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:Trump's supporters are just like Obama's; they are driven by cult of personality. They're aren't honest, they don't care what he does, they will close their eyes and rationalize any betrayals against them, because HE WAS THEIR GUY!!!! That's why the country is screwed too, because they're the ones he would listen to but they won't complain about his betrayals. Like the battered, betrayed woman who 'stands by her man', they will not allow anyone else to complain about him and they will defend him, no matter what he does. 'He's brilliant!", 'What a great pick!"...never mind that if anyone else had made those picks, they'd have been honest in their concerns, but because it's Trump, they say nothing or rationalize and praise him.

Trump was right, I think he could shoot someone and his followers would not care.
It really amazes me that you know the hearts of every Trump supporter. It's like you saying "I see green" but leaving out the fact that there are many shades of green. This means that you only see one shade of green...and assume that if Trump supporters can't see the same shade you do all the time they must be loony or have no common sense, reasoning power or ability to analyze, even to the extent of comparing Trump supporters to Obama's. This comment is cold and calculating, supposition and conjecture...at best. It is judgemental too.

Don't you think that many members of the church did according to the letter sent out to all wards?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Presidency 2016 Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting in US

The following letter was issued by the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on October 5, 2016, to be read to Church congregations throughout the United States:

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

Political Participation, Voting, and the Political Neutrality of the Church

As citizens we have the privilege and duty of electing office holders and influencing public policy. Participation in the political process affects our communities and nation today and in the future. We urge Latter-day Saints to be active citizens by registering, exercising their right to vote, and engaging in civic affairs.

We also urge you to spend the time needed to become informed about the issues and candidates you will be considering. Along with the options available to you through the Internet, debates, and other sources, the Church occasionally posts information about particular moral issues on which it has taken a position at http://www.MormonNewsroom.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Principles compatible with the gospel may be found in various political parties, and members should seek candidates who best embody those principles.

While the Church affirms its institutional neutrality regarding political parties and candidates, individual members should participate in the political process. The Church also affirms its constitutional right of expression on political and social issues.

Sincerely yours,

Thomas S. Monson
Henry B. Eyring
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
The First Presidency
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people may have done the best they could in hoping Trump would not alter his platform as President. None of us are clairvoyant.

Maybe you're not aware that President Benson said that the Constitution would not be saved in Washington...so what does it matter as to who takes office there? Actually, that statement may have removed a lot of initiative in picking the perfect candidate.
It is very revealing how the misinformed and those in denial always accuse others of being judgmental, it is never the other way around. We must make constant judgment always separating good from evil, but in order to do this we must stand on our own two feet trusting no one but God.

The Church's stand on political neutrality was a Pandora's Box that has taken us into the pit. Politics must be mixed with religion in CHURCH. In our religious setting we must stand one in politics. Behold, this I have given unto you as a parable, and it is even as I am. I say unto you, be one; and if ye are not one ye are not mine. Doctrine and Covenants 38:27

" As soon as people begin to think that they know better than God or His oracles, or that counsel given doesn’t apply to themselves, they are stepping onto a slippery slope that has claimed far too many victims already. It takes faith—real faith, unequivocal and unreserved—to accept and attempt to live prophetic counsel even when it’s not completely understood. Such profound and basic faith has the power to guide us safely through every challenge we may face in life." Russell M. Ballard
Now, let me ask the Latter-day Saints, you who are here in this house this day, how do you know that your humble servant is really, honestly, guiding and counseling you aright, and directing the affairs of the kingdom aright? Let you be ever so true and faithful to your friends and never forsake them, never turn traitor to the Gospel which you have espoused, but live on in neglect of your duty, how do you know but I am teaching false doctrine? How do you know that I am not counseling you wrong? How do you know but I will lead you to destruction? And this is what I wish to urge upon you ÄÄ live so that you can discern between the truth and error, between light and darkness, between the things of God and those not of God, Journal of Discourses Volume 14 28:8 BRIGHAM YOUNG

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Goldman Sachs...destroyer of Greece...penalized again.

UPDATE 1-Goldman Sachs to settle U.S. rate-rigging lawsuit for $56.5 mln
Reuters

Disclaimer More GS on Markets Insider »
(Adds details on settlement, background on litigation)

By Nate Raymond

NEW YORK, Dec 16 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc has agreed to pay $56.5 million to resolve a U.S. class action lawsuit accusing it and other banks of rigging an interest rate benchmark used in the $553 trillion derivatives market.

The proposed settlement was disclosed in papers filed in federal court in Manhattan on Friday. It came after seven other banks agreed in May to pay a combined $324 million to resolve the litigation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-update ... ln-2016-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Mmmhmmm, Trump sure does love Wall Street. Those rich folks like to stay in a group as they ride roughshod over us peasants.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-1 ... etary-army" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The nomination of the Virtu strongman likely means that any hopes of a crackdown against HFT in the current administration can be postponed indefinitely."

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... ich-admits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump No Longer Wants To "Drain The Swamp", Gingrich Admits

While it will hardly come as a surprise to anyone following the ongoing additions to Trump's cabinet, one can now effectively cross off "draining the swamp" from the list of Trump's stated intentions.

Speaking in an NPR interview on Wednesday, former Speaker Newt Gingrich said that Trump has taken a different tone as president-elect and may be leaving behind his campaign promise to “drain the swamp.” Gingrich told "Morning Edition" that he was told Trump “now says [the phrase] was cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore.”

"I'm told he now just disclaims that. He now says it was cute, but he doesn't want to use it anymore," Gingrich said, and also predicted there would be "constant fighting" over Trump's efforts to reduce the influence of lobbyists and Washington insiders. “But, you know, he is my leader, and if he decides to drop the swamp and the alligator I will drop the swamp and the alligator,” he said.
fascism.png
fascism.png (97.51 KiB) Viewed 3318 times

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Trump Says U.S. Nuclear Arsenal Must Be ‘Greatly’ Expanded; Uranium Stocks Soar
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... st-be.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It Could Get Bad Right Out of the Gate: Trump Team Floats Early Executive Action Tariffs

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... -team.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

In an interview with the upcoming new POTUS and his cabinet, they all shared this one comment against all those trying to bring them down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

It's really not that hard. Trump and those he has invited into his cabinet are elitists. Naturally, as always, they will look after their own interests just like anyone reading this post would tend to their own success. As most (all?) of us on LDSFF are not in the billionaire class, we can predict with a high degree of accuracy that a Trump presidency will not leave us better off after 4 years.

It is, therefore, my simple and straight-forward claim that any president who doesn't work for the people who elected him is naturally a forked-tongue traitor.

The antagonists on this thread can offer hippo flatulence videos thereby betraying their gaseous lack of substance. I'll leave the light on for them though, because they'll definitely need it to find their way back from the ongoing Trumpian Tragedy.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote:It's really not that hard. Trump and those he has invited into his cabinet are elitists. Naturally, as always, they will look after their own interests just like anyone reading this post would tend to their own success. As most (all?) of us on LDSFF are not in the billionaire class, we can predict with a high degree of accuracy that a Trump presidency will not leave us better off after 4 years.

It is, therefore, my simple and straight-forward claim that any president who doesn't work for the people who elected him is naturally a forked-tongue traitor.

The antagonists on this thread can offer hippo flatulence videos thereby betraying their gaseous lack of substance. I'll leave the light on for them though, because they'll definitely need it to find their way back from the ongoing Trumpian Tragedy.
=)) =)) =))

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Did you ever think that Making America Great Again would involve you disappearing in a mushroom cloud. This is what happens when a power-hungry oligarchy gets too much power. Like there could be winners and losers in a nuclear winter...ridiculous.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... -arms-race" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

OMG Trump: Let It Be An Arms Race
http://www.targetliberty.com/2016/12/om ... -race.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote:Did you ever think that Making America Great Again would involve you disappearing in a mushroom cloud. This is what happens when a power-hungry oligarchy gets too much power. Like there could be winners and losers in a nuclear winter...ridiculous.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... -arms-race" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.
In not making America strong in military power against anyone designing to attack, is like sending a man with a knife into a fight where the other guy has a gun. Sheesh.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote:Did you ever think that Making America Great Again would involve you disappearing in a mushroom cloud. This is what happens when a power-hungry oligarchy gets too much power. Like there could be winners and losers in a nuclear winter...ridiculous.

Mushroom cloud? =)) =))
Not to mention volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, whirlwinds, fires, ice on the sidewalk, cars, buses, airplanes, muggers, knives, guns, a hard blow to the head, war, genocide, suicide and not waking up in the morning.

Guess what, death is inevitable and you worry about a mushroom cloud?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

:)) :ymparty:
freedomforall wrote:

In not making America strong in military power against anyone designing to attack, is like sending a man with a knife into a fight where the other guy has a gun. Sheesh.
:)) :ymparty:

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

GUN CONTROL; BECAUSE LIBERALS WANT YOU TO BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT!