76 things Donald J. Trump promised to do if he won the election:

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

76 things Donald J. Trump promised to do if he won the election:

Post by AI2.0 »

We'll see what he follows through with. Some of his promises--I think we hope fall by the wayside. However, he'd better keep his promise to never take a vacation, if he want's to make a dent in this list!!! I think that his base believed he'd do these things. It's pretty ambitious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... -promises/

1. Build a wall on the southern border
2. Make Mexico pay for the wall
3. Everyone will say 'merry christmas' again
3. Get rid of Common Core
4. Possibly get rid of the EPA
5. Repeal Obamacare and replace it on day one.
6. allow Insurance sold between state lines
7. rebuild infrastructure -- he proposed spending 1 trillion dollars of tax payer money for this.
8. Save medicare, medicaid and Social Security without cutting benefits
9. Defund Planned Parenthood
10 Not sure how, but he said "I will take care of women"
11. Use the term 'radical Islam terrorism' frequently
12. Temporarily ban most foreign Muslims from entering the US
13. Bar Syrian refugees from entering the country and deport all who have already come in.
14. Create a database of Syrian refugees (not sure why if he's not planning to let any remain)
15.Heavily surveil Mosques in the US
16. Never take a vacation while serving as President
17.Prosecute Hillary Clinton for her email server actions
18. Make medical Marijuana available to all and allow states to decide if they want to just legalize all pot use.
19. Stop spending money on space exploration
20.Pick supreme court justices who are 'really great legal scholars' (He later put out a list and said he'd choose from that list)
21. Ensure that Iowa continues to host the Nation's first primary nominating contest
22. Strengthen the Military 'nobody will mess with us'.
23. Be 'unpredictable'
24. Allow Russia to deal with the Islamic state in Syria
25. Bomb the 'sh**' out of Isis'
26. Kill the families members of Islamic terrorists
27. Shut down parts of the Internet
28. Bring back waterboarding
Leave troops in Afghanistan because it's such "a mess." Protect Israel. And increase U.S. military presence in the East and South China Seas.

31. Find an "out" clause in the Iran deal and then "totally" renegotiate the whole thing
32. "I promise I will never be in a bicycle race. That I can tell you." (This promise is connected to criticism of Secretary of State John F. Kerry, who was injured while riding a bicycle amid the Iran negotiations.)

33. Refuse to call Iran's leader by his preferred title. "I guarantee you I will be never calling him the Supreme Leader... I'll say, 'Hey baby, how ya doing?' I will never call him the Supreme Leader."

34. Negotiate the release of all U.S. prisoners held in Iran before taking office.(Five hostages were recently released, including Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian; Trump has taken some credit for this.)

35. Oppose the killing of journalists: "I hate some of these people, but I would never kill them."

36. Find great generals -- like the next Gen. Patton or Gen. MacArthur -- and do not allow them to go onto television news shows to explain their military strategy: "I don't want my generals being interviewed, I want my generals kicking a--." Trump likes generals who are rough, foul-mouthed and beloved by their troops.

37. Drop that "dirty, rotten traitor" Bowe Bergdahl out of an airplane into desolate Afghanistan without a parachute.
Fire "the corrupt and incompetent" leaders of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and dramatically reform the agency. Allow veterans to take their military identification card to any medical facility that accepts Medicaid patients to receive care. Embed satellite VA clinics in rural hospitals and underserved areas, and ensure than every VA hospital is permanently staffed with OBGYN doctors.

39. Invest more heavily in programs that help military veterans transition back to civilian life, including job training and placement services. Also increase funding for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injuries and mental health issues. Veterans who apply for a job at a VA facility will have five points added to their qualifying scores.

40. Bring back jobs from China -- and Mexico, Japan and elsewhere.

41. "I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created." Trump says cities like Reno, Nev., will "be a big fat beautiful beneficiary" of these new jobs.

42. Students at Wofford College in South Carolina, where Trump attended a town hall, will all have jobs at graduation.

43. Aggressively challenge China's power in the world by declaring the country a currency manipulator, adopting a "zero tolerance policy on intellectual property theft and forced technology transfer" and cracking down on China's "lax labor and environmental standards."
Trump: China's currency devaluation ‘a disgrace’

During a speech in Michigan, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said, "You have to do something to rein in China," adding that "they're making it absolutely impossible for the United States to compete." (Reuters)

44. Rather than throw the Chinese president a state dinner, buy him "a McDonald's hamburger and say we've got to get down to work."

45. Replace "free trade" with "fair trade." Gather together the "smartest negotiators in the world," assign them each a country and renegotiate all foreign trade deals.

46. Put billionaire hedge fund manager Carl Icahn in charge of trade negotiations with China and Japan, and pick an ambassador to Japan who is "a killer," unlike the current ambassador, Caroline Kennedy.

47. Tell Ford Motor Co.'s president that unless he cancels plans to build a massive plant in Mexico, the company will face a 35 percent tax on cars imported back into the United States. Trump is confident he can get this done before taking office. (Last year he incorrectly said this had already happened.)

48. Force Nabisco to once again make Oreos in the United States. And bully Apple into making its "damn computers" and other products here.

49. Impose new taxes on many imports into the country. Numbers thrown around have included 32 percent, 34 percent and 35 percent.

50. Grow the nation's economy by at least 6 percent.

51. Reduce the $18 trillion national debt by "vigorously eliminating waste, fraud and abuse in the federal government, ending redundant government programs and growing the economy to increase tax revenues."

52. Cut the budget by 20 percent by simply renegotiating.

53. Get rid of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
What you need to know about Donald Trump's tax plan

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump released a tax proposal, outlining “major” tax cuts while helping to “balance budgets.” Here’s exactly what’s inside Trump’s tax plan. (The Washington Post)

54. Simplify the U.S. tax code and reduce the number of tax brackets from seven to four. The highest earners would pay a 25-percent tax. The corporate tax rate would fall to 15 percent. Eliminate the "marriage penalty" for taxpayers and get rid of the alternate minimum tax.

55. No longer charge income tax to single individuals earning less than $25,000 per year or couples earning less than $50,000. These people will, however, be required to file a one-page form with the Internal Revenue Service that states: "I win."

56. Ensure that Americans can still afford to golf.

57. Allow corporations a one-time window to transfer money being held overseas, charging a much-reduced 10 percent tax.

58. Get rid of most corporate tax loopholes or incentives, but continue to allow taxpayers to deduct mortgage interest and charitable donations from their taxes.

59. On his first day in office, Trump would get rid of gun-free zones at military bases and in schools.

60. Use "common sense" to fix the mental health system and prevent mass shootings. Find ways to arm more of the "good guys" like him who can take out the "sickos." Get rid of bans on certain types of guns and magazines so that "good, honest people" can own the guns of their choice.
Trump: 'They're not going to take your guns away'

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump slammed President Obama’s executive action on gun control, saying “you saw what he did today… it’s no good.” (Reuters)

61. Impose a minimum sentence of five years in federal prison for any violent felon who commits a crime using a gun, with no chance for parole or early release.

62. Fix the background check system used when purchasing guns to ensure states are properly uploading criminal and health records.

63. Allow concealed-carry permits to be recognized in all 50 states.

64. Sign an executive order calling for the death penalty for anyone found guilty of killing a police officer.

65. Provide more funding for police training.

66. And provide more funding for drug treatment, especially for heroin addicts.
Trump: Heroin 'bigger and tougher' problem for New Hampshire

Speaking in Manchester, N.H. the morning after Fox Business's Republican presidential debate, candidate Donald Trump identified ways his administration would battle heroin addiction in the United States. (Reuters)

67. On the first day in office, terminate President Obama's executive orders related to immigration. This includes getting rid of "sanctuary cities" that Trump says have become refuges for criminals.

68. Deport the almost 11 million immigrants illegally living in the United States.

69. Triple the number of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.

70. Continue to allow lowly paid foreign workers to come to the United States on temporary works visas because Trump says they are the only ones who want to pick grapes.

71. End birthright citizenship.

72. Say things that are politically incorrect, because the country does not have time to waste with political correctness.
Trump: 'We can't worry about being politically correct'

73. Make America great again -- and strong again, as it has become too weak.

74. Be a cheerleader for America and bring the country's spirit back. "Take the brand of the United States and make it great again."

75. Bring back the American Dream.

76. Start winning again. "We're going to win so much -- win after win after win -- that you're going to be begging me: 'Please, Mr. President, let us lose once or twice. We can't stand it any more.' And I'm going to say: 'No way. We're going to keep winning. We're never going to lose. We're never, ever going to lose."

Some of the things in red, he said he'd be able to complete before taking office and some are to be completed on 'day one'.

Did I miss any of the pledges he made while Campaigning? This was from last January, so there are probably more. If you can think of some, please share them on this thread. As he fulfills these promises we can check them off.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: 76 things Donald J. Trump promised to do if he won the election:

Post by iWriteStuff »

AI2.0 wrote:
76. Start winning again. "We're going to win so much -- win after win after win -- that you're going to be begging me: 'Please, Mr. President, let us lose once or twice. We can't stand it any more.' And I'm going to say: 'No way. We're going to keep winning. We're never going to lose. We're never, ever going to lose."
Yay winning!
Trump-Sheen-.jpg
Trump-Sheen-.jpg (265 KiB) Viewed 5206 times

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I didn't look at the 76 things. I don't need to.
I didn't vote for Donald Trump to have to spend the next 4 years looking over his shoulder and second guessing every (or any!) thing he does.
I voted for him because I trust him with the office more than I could ever possibly trust the Beast.
So I don't need to look at politics again for 4 years.
dc

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

David13 wrote:I didn't look at the 76 things. I don't need to.
I didn't vote for Donald Trump to have to spend the next 4 years looking over his shoulder and second guessing every (or any!) thing he does.
I voted for him because I trust him with the office more than I could ever possibly trust the Beast.
dc

Oh NO YOU DON'T. If YOU voted for him, YOU have an obligation to make sure that he keeps his promises. It's ON YOU.

I listened to Sean Hannity daily harangue the nevertrumpers, saying that if HIllary won, they would be responsible for everything she did. Well, it goes the other way too. If you voted for Trump, then you accept that you cast your vote for him and you don't get to just ignore politics for the next four years--otherwise, if he doesn't keep his promises, you'll just be ignorant of it and go vote for him to be re elected once again. WE don't need another bunch of cultists who vote someone into office (like the Obamabots) and then ignore everything he did so they can blindly vote him in again for a second term of chipping away at the country.

Don't you DARE drop out of this process after you put this man in office. You need to stay involved and hold his feet to the fire. If you drop out of the political arena now then you are exactly like the rest of the ignorant, apathetic, uninvolved Americans who are sending us over the cliff after they vote a bomb on us and then walk away (like the Progressives do constantly). Trump's presidency is not a guaranteed win. YOU'd better stay involved if you want him to succeed, because he's going to be fighting against the entrenched Washington powerbrokers. And let me tell you, if he doesn't succeed, then people like you, who think they can walk away from this now--that simply voting the man in office was all they had to do, YOU will be accountable and responsible for his failure.

This isn't over, it's just begun.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

AI2.0 wrote:
dc

Oh NO YOU DON'T. If YOU voted for him, YOU have an obligation to make sure that he keeps his promises. It's ON YOU.

I listened to Sean Hannity daily harangue the nevertrumpers, saying that if HIllary won, they would be responsible for everything she did. Well, it goes the other way too. If you voted for Trump, then you accept that you cast your vote for him and you don't get to just ignore politics for the next four years--otherwise, if he doesn't keep his promises, you'll just be ignorant of it and go vote for him to be re elected once again. WE don't need another bunch of cultists who vote someone into office (like the Obamabots) and then ignore everything he did so they can blindly vote him in again for a second term of chipping away at the country.

Don't you DARE drop out of this process after you put this man in office. You need to stay involved and hold his feet to the fire. If you drop out of the political arena now then you are exactly like the rest of the ignorant, apathetic, uninvolved Americans who are sending us over the cliff after they vote a bomb on us and then walk away (like the Progressives do constantly). Trump's presidency is not a guaranteed win. YOU'd better stay involved if you want him to succeed, because he's going to be fighting against the entrenched Washington powerbrokers. And let me tell you, if he doesn't succeed, then people like you, who think they can walk away from this now--that simply voting the man in office was all they had to do, YOU will be accountable and responsible for his failure.

Thanks AI2.0! I hope he is a man of his words (well, not the locker talk anyway). He can't repeal ObamaCare on day 1, unless 9 democrats agree. But they can gut it pretty good.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Listen to Trumps action plan of what he said he would do in the first 100 days in office. What conservative constitutionally minded individual would disagree with this? Get over the bitterness and pray that he follows through. If so he will be a great president. Starts at about the 22 minute mark.

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/ ... /92531494/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

AI2.0 wrote:
dc

OH NO YOU DON'T A12.O! Donald Trump's victory was a shock to everyone but his supporters, and now we also intend to support him as President of the United States. Will he succeed in keeping all his promises, he will try. The only thing we Trump voters are responsible for is keeping the uninvolved, apathetic ignorant American voters from allowing another 4 years of destruction by Hillary Clinton.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

AI2.0 wrote:
dc

OH YES I DO!

Sorry Charlie, I'm not in your chain of command.
dc

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

David13 wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
dc

OH YES I DO!

dc
:)) I never was good at taking orders.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

David13 wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
dc

OH YES I DO!

dc
If this is true, then I have zero respect for you. You pay no attention to politics, then vote for a person, assuming they are telling the truth (do you know that little about politicians--they rarely keep their promises if not forced to) and forget everything that's going on for another four years. Not that it matters to you, but your attitude and apathy, which infects most of the voting population of this country, is what put us in this mess.

Fine, you want to be part of the problem, you have that choice.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

AI2.0 wrote:
David13 wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
dc

OH YES I DO!

dc
If this is true, then I have zero respect for you. You pay no attention to politics, then vote for a person, assuming they are telling the truth (do you know that little about politicians--they rarely keep their promises if not forced to) and forget everything that's going on for another four years. Not that it matters to you, but your attitude and apathy, which infects most of the voting population of this country, is what put us in this mess.

I know enough about the situation to realize that it was essential to vote for Trump. You're part of the problem if you didn't vote for him. The dangerous part, the part that thru' YOUR APATHY you would have let the Beast be elected.
Look in the mirror.
dc

If, 6 months or a year from now I don't like something Trump does, what do I do about it? Un-vote for him? Protest in the streets?
NO!
Nothing. Because there is nothing I can do about it. Watching mainstream media every day or at all will do no good whatsoever. Just waste my time on their ridiculous propaganda.

Apathy! That's just nothing short of absurd. Apathy is when you don't vote. Or you vote for the wrong one because the mainstream media tells you to.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Mark wrote:Listen to Trumps action plan of what he said he would do in the first 100 days in office. What conservative constitutionally minded individual would disagree with this? Get over the bitterness and pray that he follows through. If so he will be a great president. Starts at about the 22 minute mark.

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/ ... /92531494/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm not bitter, I'm surprised you thought you read that in what I wrote. I'm happy Trump won over Clinton. But, I'd like to see him follow through on his conservative pledges. I posted on his 'Contract with the American Voter' on another thread. I agree, if Trump keeps his promises for his first 100 days in office, it would be great, but if the people who voted him in don't hold him accountable, he may pull back, because he'll get a lot of pushback from even the Republicans in power. I would be soooooo happy to be wrong about Trump. I hope he proves me wrong and keeps his pledges and turns out to be an actual conservative.

But, if he surrounds himself with non conservatives like Gingrich, Huckabee and Christie, to help him run the govt. it will be hard. He'll most likely slip back into his moderate/leftist ways, because they will influence him that way.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

All we can do is wait and see.
He is a politician now.
dc

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

eddie wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
dc

OH NO YOU DON'T A12.O! Donald Trump's victory was a shock to everyone but his supporters, and now we also intend to support him as President of the United States. Will he succeed in keeping all his promises, he will try. The only thing we Trump voters are responsible for is keeping the uninvolved, apathetic ignorant American voters from allowing another 4 years of destruction by Hillary Clinton.
Go back and read what David wrote Eddie, he's one of those uninvolved voters who thinks all he has to do is vote every four years and ignore the politicians and how the country's being governed the rest of the time! You are right, you NEED to support him as president, if you want him to succeed. He's going to need the American people to be vocal any time the Republican establishment/Democrats try to keep things status quo. Has everyone forgotten that Mitch McConnell and Reince Preibus are part of the establishment which means they will try to stop him from making any changes--and yet, these are two people who expect to retain power in his administration. If you want him to follow through with his pledges, then you'll need to stay involved and aware of what's going on in Washington and not check out for another four years.

Yes, Clinton didn't get in, and that's great, but if Trump doesn't do follow through or is stymied by a recalcitrant congress and an apathetic citizenry, it will be four more years of the decline of America.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

David13 wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
David13 wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:

OH YES I DO!

dc

I know enough about the situation to realize that it was essential to vote for Trump. You're part of the problem if you didn't vote for him. The dangerous part, the part that thru' YOUR APATHY you would have let the Beast be elected.
Look in the mirror.
dc

If, 6 months or a year from now I don't like something Trump does, what do I do about it? Un-vote for him? Protest in the streets?
NO!
Nothing. Because there is nothing I can do about it. Watching mainstream media every day or at all will do no good whatsoever. Just waste my time on their ridiculous propaganda.

Apathy! That's just nothing short of absurd. Apathy is when you don't vote. Or you vote for the wrong one because the mainstream media tells you to.

Excuses. If you think all you had to do is vote Trump in, and your responsibility is done, you are sadly mistaken, and sorry, but thinking that there's nothing you can do if the person turns out to be a liar IS apathy, if you simply ignore it and go on with your life. But, I'm tired of pontificating when it's not wanted, and it seems you don't care anyway, so I'll drop it.

Yes, I didn't vote for Trump, but he's going to be the president and so I'll support him in the good things he wants to accomplish. I will write to my representatives and tell them they need to help him and if they don't, I won't vote for them and I'll tell others to not vote for them. If enough of us do this, they have been known to listen and begrudgingly do the right thing--it's happened before. I think that's actually of more value to Trump's success than what you offer--thinking that casting your single vote was enough and now you're done. Thinking you can't do anything about a crooked politician and checking out is what put us in this mess--decades of people thinking this way brought us to this point.

Okay, I'm done now.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

AI2.0 wrote:
eddie wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
dc

Go back and read what David wrote Eddie, he's one of those uninvolved voters who thinks all he has to do is vote every four years and ignore the politicians and how the country's being governed the rest of the time! You are right, you NEED to support him as president, if you want him to succeed. He's going to need the American people to be vocal any time the Republican establishment/Democrats try to keep things status quo. Has everyone forgotten that Mitch McConnell and Reince Preibus are part of the establishment which means they will try to stop him from making any changes--and yet, these are two people who expect to retain power in his administration. If you want him to follow through with his pledges, then you'll need to stay involved and aware of what's going on in Washington and not check out for another four years.

Yes, Clinton didn't get in, and that's great, but if Trump doesn't do follow through or is stymied by a recalcitrant congress and an apathetic citizenry, it will be four more years of the decline of America.
David 13 is an attorney who knows a lot more than you think. He voted for a winner, as did I. Making assumtions that anyone thinks all we have to do is vote every 4 years is not logical. Take a deep breath, America is in a much better place because of the American's who voted in a President who will try to make America great again!

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

eddie, I'm simply responding to what he wrote, I'm sure he's a very smart man, but this is what he wrote:
dc
Do you see why I responded as I did? He doesn't think he has to do anything but vote once and then forget it for another four years. He said it, I didn't make it up. And I agree with you, it's not logical to think all one has to do is just cast a vote every four years and nothing else--he's not thinking logically, but he is displaying a common attitude among American citizens that simply voting is doing one's 'civic duty'. Unfortunately, in our day, it takes more than that, IMO. While the people have been otherwise engaged, the politicians have been up to no good in Washington. They have to have an engaged, watch dog citizenry or they get away with murder.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

AI2.0 wrote:
David13 wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
David13 wrote:
OH YES I DO!

dc

Look in the mirror.
dc

NO!

Excuses. If you think all you had to do is vote Trump in, and your responsibility is done, you are sadly mistaken, and sorry, but thinking that there's nothing you can do if the person turns out to be a liar IS apathy, if you simply ignore it and go on with your life. But, I'm tired of pontificating when it's not wanted, and it seems you don't care anyway, so I'll drop it.

Yes, I didn't vote for Trump, but he's going to be the president and so I'll support him in the good things he wants to accomplish. I will write to my representatives and tell them they need to help him and if they don't, I won't vote for them and I'll tell others to not vote for them. If enough of us do this, they have been known to listen and begrudgingly do the right thing--it's happened before. I think that's actually of more value to Trump's success than what you offer--thinking that casting your single vote was enough and now you're done. Thinking you can't do anything about a crooked politician and checking out is what put us in this mess--decades of people thinking this way brought us to this point.

Okay, I'm done now.
Thinking thinking thinking.
That's your solution?
Tell me what are you going to do if in your infinite wisdom you determine he has not done what you think he's supposed to do? More thinking?
Yes, you are done. Pontificating, and nothing more.
You won't be protesting in the streets. Which wouldn't do you any good anyway, would it?
Basically, you are all talk and no show.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

AI2.0 wrote:eddie, I'm simply responding to what he wrote, I'm sure he's a very smart man, but this is what he wrote:
dc
Do you see why I responded as I did? He doesn't think he has to do anything but vote once and then forget it for another four years. He said it, I didn't make it up. And I agree with you, it's not logical to think all one has to do is just cast a vote every four years and nothing else--he's not thinking logically, but he is displaying a common attitude among American citizens that simply voting is doing one's 'civic duty'. Unfortunately, in our day, it takes more than that, IMO. While the people have been otherwise engaged, the politicians have been up to no good in Washington. They have to have an engaged, watch dog citizenry or they get away with murder.

Engaged!?? Engaged in what?
Hot air on the internet.
dc

He has a website up where he wants input as to what is expected of him. What have you contributed so far? Ah ha.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

rewcox wrote:I hope he is a man of his words....
Oh, I'm sure he will be. However, like most narcissists, he'll pick and choose which words he'll live up to, and he'll carefully plan how he can blame others for those he didn't keep.

I'm with David. I'm not happy he won, but I'm thrilled that the DNC god of all gods didn't win.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

David13 wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:eddie, I'm simply responding to what he wrote, I'm sure he's a very smart man, but this is what he wrote:
dc

Engaged!?? Engaged in what?
Hot air on the internet.
dc

He has a website up where he wants input as to what is expected of him. What have you contributed so far? Ah ha.
Looks like Trump is changing his message. Is the con on?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=39530&start=1530#p749941

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

rewcox wrote:
Looks like Trump is changing his message. Is the con on?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=39530&start=1530#p749941
#-o I'm not surprised. He will show that, like most Presidents before him, he's made a lot of empty promises he can't keep. Even though I agree with about 80% of what he's said, I would be very surprised if he can actually keep even half of what he says he will do. I still believe the POTUS is just a puppet while the "secret government" really pulls his strings. X(

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AI2.0 wrote:We'll see what he follows through with. Some of his promises--I think we hope fall by the wayside. However, he'd better keep his promise to never take a vacation, if he want's to make a dent in this list!!! I think that his base believed he'd do these things. It's pretty ambitious.

Given that, in the past, every president has gone back on about 80% of their campaign promises, I'm a little worried...
I actually hope he follows through with a big majority of them.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AI2.0 wrote:
David13 wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
dc

OH YES I DO!

dc

AI, which promises were you expecting Clinton to keep her word on?