The real Trump?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Re: The real Trump?

Post by cyclOps »

rewcox wrote:The Clintons are history. Now they can fade out of the spotlight.

Trump did say many nasty things during his campaign. It sounds like some people think this is just politics. Like Jekyll and Hyde.

If Trump can accomplish his mentioned plan, we will see how it works. Most conservatives would like this, including me. For the preppers and doomsday people, this will be very hard on them and put some out of business (that would be a good thing).

I'm not sure what the alt-rad-right will do now. No more Hillary to attack.
What's so bad about being a prepper? I hope we all are.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

larsonb,
I strongly suggest you get in the habit of visiting so-called alternative news/information sites if you want to have any hope about discovering the truth about what is happening.
The MSM may be corrupt, and unreliable, but I have seen so many people posting even more stupid, ridiculous, lying stuff on this site from the alternative media, than even the MSM. You should cross check everything.

Many of you conspiracy folks look even stupider, when you rush to post ridiculous stuff from the alternative media, only to find out that it is completely made up hogwash, just to get you guys stirred up.

Regards,

George Clay

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

LDScop wrote:

Trump did say many nasty things during his campaign. It sounds like some people think this is just politics. Like Jekyll and Hyde.

If Trump can accomplish his mentioned plan, we will see how it works. Most conservatives would like this, including me. For the preppers and doomsday people, this will be very hard on them and put some out of business (that would be a good thing).

Just keep your bogus predictions to yourself. :)

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBLv6rmnYf4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37zvOZ17eSE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP5VhfQ9Qv8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx3K-jr4q6g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

You want to associate yourself with all that????

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

rewcox wrote:
LDScop wrote:

Just keep your bogus predictions to yourself. :)
Prepping has nothing to do with predictions.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

LDScop wrote:
larsenb wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:
David13 wrote:

Then you didn't learn anything. Did you even watch the video? Do you know anything about Donald Trump? I don't think so.
dc
. . . . . . The one where he goes on a racist rant about mexican judges? . . . . . .
LDScop, this is an example of someone being gulled by the MSM and their spin. Trump had very good reason to ask Judge Curiel to recuse himself from presiding over a lawsuit against himself and Trump University. The real back story on this issue has been printed many times on this forum.

Regarding the recording of his crude comments 11 years ago, notice how Ebenezer doesn't acknowledge Trump's very public apology (heard world-wide) for his comments, saying how what he did was wrong, and specifically apologizing to his family. This is a good part of the repentance process.

There is a real danger in holding on to such a black-and-white judgemental attitude against anyone, not just Trump.
You'd think I was a bad dude based on my language back in the 3rd grade. I was a foul mouthed SOB. I still say inappropriate things sometimes. Good thing we all don't have this dirt dug up and thrown on national TV. When did we stop looking for the good in people? People can change. People can repent. Oops, but he still said it, he must be a bad bad dude.
The left is so hypocritical. Trump is a mysoginist for saying something in private 11 years ago and then apologizing for it. On the other hand, the Kennedy men were all womanizers. At least a pregnant woman didn't die suspiciously in Trump's car as happened in Ted Kennedy's car. The same people turning Trump into a villain have loved the Kennedys over the years.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

LDScop wrote:
larsenb wrote:
LDScop wrote: . . . . . There were lots of people, in Utah at least, who did not vote for Donald Trump because we were told he was not a good guy. We were told he was evil, the lesser of two evils. We were told he is sexist, racist, homophobic, and all these other fancy words that are used in political discourse to shut down dialogue. . . . . .
This should be a cautionary tale for you regarding the reliability of the MSM and outlets that parrot their points of view, such as the Deseret News (almost ALL of the national/international news and commentary printed by the Deseret News comes from AP, Washington Post, New York Times and NY Time News service . . . all of which were/are extremely anti-Trump.

I learned NOTHING about Trump’s real positions from the Deseret News. Instead they pumped out a steady stream of anti-Trump spin and misrepresentation all during the campaign, sometimes printing as many as 3-4 anti-Trump stories per edition. Nothing about the serious accusations against Hillary that I’m aware of.

I strongly suggest you get in the habit of visiting so-called alternative news/information sites if you want to have any hope about discovering the truth about what is happening.
I think you are spot on. I already don't listen to MSM for most stuff, but when you're told something over and over, even though you know it's propaganda, it still has an effect. I try to get news from legit sources, which usually means alt news. Sometimes alt sites are a flip side of the same MSM coin though.
Repetition has a powerful effect.

My view is that it boils down to one's willingness to step up to the responsibility of being one's own editor when evaluating information/news/commentary, regardless of the source.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ebenezerarise wrote:You want to associate yourself with all that????
Being offended for a word? My own sainted LDS mother taught me to say most of those words.

Furthermore, I've listened to many of Trump's speeches and haven't heard or noticed his use of these slightly offensive words. The videos are obviously high-grading his speeches for this kind of content.

I was and am much more interested in his message, not how he may have occasionally slipped into using 'colorful' language, which, by the way, is very common among a goodly percentage of the population outside of the LDS and other religious communities.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Spider wrote: . . . . The left is so hypocritical. Trump is a mysoginist for saying something in private 11 years ago and then apologizing for it. On the other hand, the Kennedy men were all womanizers. At least a pregnant woman didn't die suspiciously in Trump's car as happened in Ted Kennedy's car. The same people turning Trump into a villain have loved the Kennedys over the years.
I watched a video a short while ago, where some of Kennedy's close advisors said he was like a rabbit in carrying out extra-marital affairs . . . almost on a weekly basis.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

LDScop wrote:
larsenb wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:
David13 wrote:

Then you didn't learn anything. Did you even watch the video? Do you know anything about Donald Trump? I don't think so.
dc
. . . . . . The one where he goes on a racist rant about mexican judges? . . . . . .
LDScop, this is an example of someone being gulled by the MSM and their spin. Trump had very good reason to ask Judge Curiel to recuse himself from presiding over a lawsuit against himself and Trump University. The real back story on this issue has been printed many times on this forum.

Regarding the recording of his crude comments 11 years ago, notice how Ebenezer doesn't acknowledge Trump's very public apology (heard world-wide) for his comments, saying how what he did was wrong, and specifically apologizing to his family. This is a good part of the repentance process.

There is a real danger in holding on to such a black-and-white judgemental attitude against anyone, not just Trump.
You'd think I was a bad dude based on my language back in the 3rd grade. I was a foul mouthed SOB. I still say inappropriate things sometimes. Good thing we all don't have this dirt dug up and thrown on national TV. When did we stop looking for the good in people? People can change. People can repent. Oops, but he still said it, he must be a bad bad dude.
Exactly.

Falling into black-and-white judgment of people presumes far more knowledge about them than we possess And doing so, almost guarantees that we are indulging in unrighteous judgement of them. We also handicap the use of our intelligence when doing this type of thing.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Spider wrote:
LDScop wrote:
larsenb wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:

The left is so hypocritical. Trump is a mysoginist for saying something in private 11 years ago and then apologizing for it. On the other hand, the Kennedy men were all womanizers. At least a pregnant woman didn't die suspiciously in Trump's car as happened in Ted Kennedy's car. The same people turning Trump into a villain have loved the Kennedys over the years.
I never could get over the Chappaquiddick thing either with Ted K.
I think JFK and RFK were womanizers, but Ted was that and a murderer

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Rachael wrote:
Spider wrote:
LDScop wrote:
larsenb wrote:

I never could get over the Chappaquiddick thing either with Ted K.
With Ted it wasn't murder. It was negligent homicide or manslaughter with diminished capacity. But another crime was the covering up of it.
Does anybody know why RFK left Harvard?
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

larsenb wrote:
LDScop wrote:
larsenb wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:

Exactly.

Falling into black-and-white judgment of people presumes far more knowledge about them than we possess And doing so, almost guarantees that we are indulging in unrighteous judgement of them. We also handicap the use of our intelligence when doing this type of thing.
Mexico is not a race. It's a country. And it's a country with black, white and brown, and everything in between.
dc

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

David13 wrote:
Rachael wrote:
Rachael wrote: I never could get over the Chappaquiddick thing either with Ted K.
David 13 wrote:With Ted it wasn't murder. It was negligent homicide or manslaughter with diminished capacity. But another crime was the covering up of it.
Does anybody know why RFK left Harvard?
dc
I always thought the girl was drowned on purpose because of her being pregnant. But we will never know since he's dead too.

I don't know why RFK quit Harvard. Did he transfer to that other ivy league school that does the skull and bones thing?