Hilldabeast's Plan Backfired: The Klintons created Trump

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Hilldabeast's Plan Backfired: The Klintons created Trump

Post by markharr »

I keep hearing that Trump was a plant to ensure that his friends the Clintons won. If that's true it was the worst plan in history.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Or this was the plan all along. Progressivism was stagnating under left wing policies, time for the right foot to take a turn carrying the juggernaut forward. That illusion of failure is a useful tool...

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

markharr wrote:I keep hearing that Trump was a plant to ensure that his friends the Clintons won. If that's true it was the worst plan in history.
The opposite seems more likely. Sanders would have trounced Trump...

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

When giving his acceptance speech, I thought he should have thanked his good friend bill clinton, for encouraging him to run. :))

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Look, the Democrats didn't have Obama or his special charms this year, they had a bunch of old candidates. They really wanted Trump to lose. Look, not so decent people are flawed too. They got cocky that their message of "Those who disagree with us are evil" would resonate like it did with Obama and get all the turnout that they received in 2008 or 2012. Their arrogance was misplaced.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

paulrobots wrote:When giving his acceptance speech, I thought he should have thanked his good friend bill clinton, for encouraging him to run. :))
He should definitely have done that.