I expect that Romney will replace Trump - White Horse, anyone?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I expect that Romney will replace Trump - White Horse, anyone?

Post by lundbaek »

Helping with the needs of others should be voluntary, not forced by government.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

shadow wrote:[Canada looks better and better every day. Too bad B.C. isn't affordable to live.
Hear here!

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Darren wrote:Thank you to my friend Reid Baer for his videos expressing some of my innermost feelings:
Putting baptism aside, I think that Trump would make a better Mormon than Mitt Romney is.
God Bless,
Darren
But Darren, judge not that ye be not judged. Also, all those things you put out there are things that happened in the past and he must have repented of them. Unlike Trump who currently says and does things that are vile and unbecoming of the office of POTUS.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

May I suggest that when we express our disapproval of someone, like Mitt Romney or any other prominent person, that we state our reasons for that disapproval. For example, in an earlier post on this thread I wrote reasons for my disapproval of Mitt Romney as a prospective POTUS: "When he ran for the US Senate in 1994 he stated that he would be more liberal than his opponent, Senator Ted Kennedy. As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others. And while campaigning for POTUS in 2008 and 2012 he voiced support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA, among other things." I think that many times our criticism on this forum of any person is not an expression of hate for the individual, but rather an effort to inform and warn others about the danger he/she could pose to our freedoms if elected to government office.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

lundbaek wrote:May I suggest that when we express our disapproval of someone, like Mitt Romney or any other prominent person, that we state our reasons for that disapproval. For example, in an earlier post on this thread I wrote reasons for my disapproval of Mitt Romney as a prospective POTUS: "When he ran for the US Senate in 1994 he stated that he would be more liberal than his opponent, Senator Ted Kennedy. As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others. And while campaigning for POTUS in 2008 and 2012 he voiced support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA, among other things." I think that many times our criticism on this forum of any person is not an expression of hate for the individual, but rather an effort to inform and warn others about the danger he/she could pose to our freedoms if elected to government office.
Trump was for all those too before he was against them.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

FamilyFunnyFarm wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:
Sunain wrote:Trump won't back down. Romney's chances are gone.

What is the saying, "It's not over until the fat lady sings?"
My first thought reading this was " Hillary can sing?". I'm terrible I know. :D

I set myself up for that one, didn't I! :-o

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

brianj wrote:Everybody who wants to discuss, or hope for, a Trump withdrawal from the race is missing something very important:

IT IS TOO LATE FOR ANYBODY TO DROP OUT!

Voting has already begun in some states! Most, if not all, states already have ballots printed and absentee ballots in the mail. The deadline for adding somebody to a ballot passed a long time ago.
Keep in mind that US citizens do not elect a president. We elect electors. Those electors were selected in the state party conventions, and if a candidate withdraws, becomes incapacitated, or dies before the general election or before the electoral college votes, it will be chaos. We would immediately see a strong campaign organized by some hopefuls attempting to persuade electors to support them if their party wins a state. The most likely scenario is that no candidate would have a majority of electoral votes and a the current House of Representatives would choose from the three candidates receiving the most electoral votes. In that situation we would see rioting on an unimaginable scale across this country.
Brian,
It is too late for anyone to be forced out by the RNC or DNC, but the nominee can voluntarily withdraw at any time (the candidate gets sick or dies, or is brought up on felony charges, or their family has been threatened, and the candidate wants out). They always have their own free agency and can leave if they want because there are emergency procedures in place in case this happens. I hope you are not right about the riots!
Last edited by Matchmaker on October 18th, 2016, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Col. Flagg wrote:
shadow wrote:[Canada looks better and better every day. Too bad B.C. isn't affordable to live.
Hear here!

It's part of North America, and we know Zion will be in the North American continent, so maybe it's a good choice for those who want to avoid the fight. Didn't Canada say that if Trump is elected, any American who wanted to could move there? No questions asked.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Matchmaker wrote:Brian,
It is too late for anyone to be forced out by the RNC or DNC, but the nominee can voluntarily withdraw at any time (the candidate gets sick or dies, or is brought up on felony charges, or their family has been threatened, and the candidate wants out). They always have their own free agency and can leave if they want because there are emergency procedures in place in case this happens. I hope you are not right about the riots!
Very well, let me rephrase: It is too late for anybody to drop out without throwing the election.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Patriot16 wrote:
lundbaek wrote:You fans of Mitt Romney need to realize thathe has a history of promoting and supporting legislation and programs that are egregious violations of various principles of the US Constitution. When he ran for the US Senate in 1994 he stated that he would be more liberal than his opponent, Senator Ted Kennedy. As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others. And while campaigning for POTUS in 2008 and 2012 he voiced support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA, among other things. I realize many Americans do not realize these are violations of constitutional principles. But we Latter-day Saints are susposed to iknow.
What? People should pay for the needs of others? What are they thinking? Doesn't everyone know that we are NOT our brother's keepers as taught in the Bible?

Patriot16
No, you missed the most important part of lundbaek's post. Let me repeat what he said with some highlighting:
"As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others."

As our general authorities have taught, when an unjust law is imposed that requires government to take property from its rightful owner and give it to others, not only is the recipient harmed by becoming entitled to that which he does not deserve, but the rightful owner of the property stolen under color of law is denied the blessings of freely donating his own property to help others.

Compelling anybody to do something against their will is a form of unrighteous dominion and a grave sin. The Book of Mormon is very clear in teaching us that if a man offers a gift without real intent, it will be of no profit to him (Moroni 7:9). Nobody pays their taxes with a feeling of desire, looking forward to all the people it will help. A knowledgeable person must readily admit that almost all the money taken from them via taxation will be wasted. On the other hand, if we didn't pay so much in taxes, and the workings of both government and business weren't condemning so many to poverty, most of us would donate more to charity each year - freely donating to help others, not because of obligation, and would thereby earn blessings of Heaven.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

brianj wrote:
Patriot16 wrote:
lundbaek wrote:You fans of Mitt Romney need to realize thathe has a history of promoting and supporting legislation and programs that are egregious violations of various principles of the US Constitution. When he ran for the US Senate in 1994 he stated that he would be more liberal than his opponent, Senator Ted Kennedy. As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others. And while campaigning for POTUS in 2008 and 2012 he voiced support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA, among other things. I realize many Americans do not realize these are violations of constitutional principles. But we Latter-day Saints are susposed to iknow.
What? People should pay for the needs of others? What are they thinking? Doesn't everyone know that we are NOT our brother's keepers as taught in the Bible?

Patriot16
No, you missed the most important part of lundbaek's post. Let me repeat what he said with some highlighting:
"As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others."

As our general authorities have taught, when an unjust law is imposed that requires government to take property from its rightful owner and give it to others, not only is the recipient harmed by becoming entitled to that which he does not deserve, but the rightful owner of the property stolen under color of law is denied the blessings of freely donating his own property to help others.

Compelling anybody to do something against their will is a form of unrighteous dominion and a grave sin. The Book of Mormon is very clear in teaching us that if a man offers a gift without real intent, it will be of no profit to him (Moroni 7:9). Nobody pays their taxes with a feeling of desire, looking forward to all the people it will help. A knowledgeable person must readily admit that almost all the money taken from them via taxation will be wasted. On the other hand, if we didn't pay so much in taxes, and the workings of both government and business weren't condemning so many to poverty, most of us would donate more to charity each year - freely donating to help others, not because of obligation, and would thereby earn blessings of Heaven.
Although I don't agree with this kind of health plan Romney signed into law what the majority of the people of Massachusetts wanted. There was nothing unconstitutional about it but was the right of the people of that state. However the federal government does not have this right. They do have the right to tax and when they were going to lose the argument they convinced the Supreme Court that it was a tax. States rights need to be restored and not infringed upon by the federal government. Nothing Romney did with healthcare was unconstitutional.

JJ3
captain of 10

Post by JJ3 »

Sounds like wishful thinking

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

What Romney did with mandatory healthcare in Massachusetts is unconstitutional in the national level. What id did was force people to pay for the needs of others. Therefore it is wrong in principle. And I'll take this opportunity to again to state that Romney has demonstrated no remorse for, or repentance of his disdain for the Constitution as demonstrated by his support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA. Nor has he ever, as far as i know, corrected his "Moses at the bush" misstatement, which demonstrates to me a lack of integrity.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

lundbaek wrote:What Romney did with mandatory healthcare in Massachusetts is unconstitutional in the national level. What id did was force people to pay for the needs of others. Therefore it is wrong in principle. And I'll take this opportunity to again to state that Romney has demonstrated no remorse for, or repentance of his disdain for the Constitution as demonstrated by his support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA. Nor has he ever, as far as i know, corrected his "Moses at the bush" misstatement, which demonstrates to me a lack of integrity.
Oh please get over yourself. Yes what Romney did would be unconstitutional at the national level. Problem is he did it at a state level and a state has every right to do this and regulate this. The people voted for their elected officials in that state and supported this measure by a majority of 2 to 1. Romney didn't advocate for this at the federal level and maintained it is a states right which it is. Healthcare regulation is nowhere in the US constitution and any power not reserved to the federal government falls to the states. Get to know the constitution before you start making stuff up.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

JJ3 wrote:Sounds like wishful thinking
He just seemed the logical choice, for a lot of reasons. He's universally respected by most Republicans, and the media is unlikely to dig up any sex scandals they can use against him.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Matchmaker wrote:He just seemed the logical choice, for a lot of reasons. He's universally respected by most Republicans, and the media is unlikely to dig up any sex scandals they can use against him.
Reporters have shown a willingness to lie about Trump in an attempt to sway the vote. I'm sure that if Romney had jumped back in (which would have needed to happen before a deadline to be put onto a ballot, all 50 of which have long since passed) the media would have no problem finding a couple of dishonest attention whores to claim that Romney had affairs with them or had sexually harassed them.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Darren wrote:Thank you to my friend Reid Baer for his videos expressing some of my innermost feelings:

Putting baptism aside, I think that Trump would make a better Mormon than Mitt Romney is.
God Bless,
Darren
That's sick man, real sick.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

brianj wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:He just seemed the logical choice, for a lot of reasons. He's universally respected by most Republicans, and the media is unlikely to dig up any sex scandals they can use against him.
Reporters have shown a willingness to lie about Trump in an attempt to sway the vote. I'm sure that if Romney had jumped back in (which would have needed to happen before a deadline to be put onto a ballot, all 50 of which have long since passed) the media would have no problem finding a couple of dishonest attention whores to claim that Romney had affairs with them or had sexually harassed them.
Vell, youn man, you seem to ignore the hot mic tape.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Matchmaker wrote:It's too late for the Republicans to force Trump out because voting has already started, but they can replace him through emergency measures already in place, if he voluntarily withdraws.

I think there is a good chance he will drop out amidst all the scandals and endorse Mitt Romney to take his place.

If our Constitution was ever hanging by a thread, it is now. It is time for the man on the white horse to help save our country and our way of life.

What say ye?
I think it is natural for us to desperately look for a 'ram in the thicket' to save us, but I'm afraid it's useless. Trump IS the Repubican nominee, he's NOT going to drop out and nothing, short of death or coma will change that. IF something happened to him, then the Vice Presidential candidate, Mike Pence would be the nominee, they would not bring in Romney, the ticket is Trump and Pence, they now make the decisions, besides Romney did not run in this election cycle, he's not even on the radar. Though, I believe, that if Romney had chosen to run this election we MIGHT have had a chance to have been spared a Trump candidacy. Sad to see such vitriol spewed on the forum by members of the church against Romney, personally I find it disturbing.
That said, if Pence were to replace Trump, he would choose his replacement as VP--he'd choose someone who could bring him one of the big swing states he needs to win, such as Marco Rubio, and while it would be nice to fantasize about Romney waltzing in at this point to 'save' us, it won't happen because what we are seeing are the natural consequences of our poor choices as a collective nation.

The Constitution is hanging by a thread, and that thread is fraying and will get worse. Like the Nephites, we are in the 'bondage' stage in the BofM pride cycle, which will, IMO get worse before it gets better--it was obviously a wicked nation which chose these two wicked/worldly candidates. We still need to recognize it and 'wake up' to our 'awful situation' before we can, as a Nation, start the repentance process and begin turning back the our Christian roots and belief in Christ.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

GrandMasterB wrote:
lundbaek wrote:What Romney did with mandatory healthcare in Massachusetts is unconstitutional in the national level. What id did was force people to pay for the needs of others. Therefore it is wrong in principle. And I'll take this opportunity to again to state that Romney has demonstrated no remorse for, or repentance of his disdain for the Constitution as demonstrated by his support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA. Nor has he ever, as far as i know, corrected his "Moses at the bush" misstatement, which demonstrates to me a lack of integrity.
Oh please get over yourself. Yes what Romney did would be unconstitutional at the national level. Problem is he did it at a state level and a state has every right to do this and regulate this. The people voted for their elected officials in that state and supported this measure by a majority of 2 to 1. Romney didn't advocate for this at the federal level and maintained it is a states right which it is. Healthcare regulation is nowhere in the US constitution and any power not reserved to the federal government falls to the states. Get to know the constitution before you start making stuff up.
You are correct on what you said about Romney, like Aaron, who made the golden calf for the Israelites because they demanded it, Romney did what was constitutional for his state and desired by the people--that's the way the system was set up, with the States having more power. But, your comment to lundbaek is surprising--if you've read any of his stuff, I'm pretty sure he's an expert on the Constitution--that's his bailiwick.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Matchmaker wrote:
JJ3 wrote:Sounds like wishful thinking
He just seemed the logical choice, for a lot of reasons. He's universally respected by most Republicans, and the media is unlikely to dig up any sex scandals they can use against him.

He could've run as a third party Independent (if he'd been involved in this election cycle) and could've given Trump and Clinton a serious challenge. But that ship sailed a long time ago. There really is not way to save us, as a nation, from our own foolish choices and the predicament we find ourselves in today.

JJ3
captain of 10

Post by JJ3 »

Matchmaker wrote:
InfoWarrior82 wrote:They are only scandals because the mainstream media tells you they are scandals. The real scandals are the Wikileaks dumps on Hillary.
The media has become so powerful in this election. (I know they have been for years but were less obvious about it in the past.) They are trashing Trump and reporting almost nothing negative about Hillary. Even the debates were obviously biased. It's sickening!
This is why people need to pray and invite the spirit in. Truth is far less common in the world of politics than the appearance of truth is. The media is 90+ % registered Democrat for a reason and that reason is not accidental. They fire dissenters and silence opposition. Also, the fact that a candidate is not ideal is not the same as to say that that candidate is not the best choice of those realistic options available. People often allow pride to substitute for principle and fear appearances more than they value damage control for the nation. Those who throw a vote away on candidates with no real chance at victory are in deed throwing their votes away if there is a clearly better choice among those with a realistic shot at winning. 4 years ago millions of evangelicals stayed home and allowed Obama to win. Look where that has taken us. Now we have a choice that will greatly impact the Constitution and our way of life and are we going to throw it away because we can't vote for a candidate with a tainted past?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

rewcox wrote:

God Bless,
Darren
It shows unreasonable, misplaced contempt for a decent man and attributes virtues to a man who glories in violating and mocking those virtues in the way he's lived. Yea, it's disturbed. :(

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

rewcox wrote:

God Bless,
Darren
Yeah I felt sick inside when I saw that comment too.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

GrandMasterB wrote:
rewcox wrote:

God Bless,
Darren
Yeah I felt sick inside when I saw that comment too.
And Romney knows better, so without turning his back on the Satanic Globalists he gets the Telestial Kingdom to spend his eternity with others who make and love lies. Trump's will both get the chance to repent and has upward mobility of the Terrestrial Kingdom and possibly the Celestial Kingdom. I will take a repentant Trump over a Politician Romney any day.

God Bless,
Darren