Trump = Traitor, Part 2

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Trump = Traitor, Part 2

Post by Silver »

CFR, Goldman Sachs, Warmongers, Nepotism and dirty rats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... f03b00a278

Wink, wink, nod, nod.

Reminds me of this:
Helaman 7:
4 And seeing the people in a state of such awful wickedness, and those Gadianton robbers filling the judgment-seats—having usurped the power and authority of the land; laying aside the commandments of God, and not in the least aright before him; doing no justice unto the children of men;

5 Condemning the righteous because of their righteousness; letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of government, to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and, moreover, that they might the more easily commit adultery, and steal, and kill, and do according to their own wills—

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Here is where The Orange One may be found, at the intersection of the NWO Gadiantons:
venn-Artboard_1.png
venn-Artboard_1.png (38.13 KiB) Viewed 3976 times

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Donald Trump didn't create this mess. All the economists who state his plan will be a disaster are the ones who created the disaster we are in. Silver, that should already be clear to you, we don't have to wait for the future.

If its so important that your post is on top, well here you go. I rarely read these long and arduous posts. (-|

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: March 28th, 2017, 9:38 am Donald Trump didn't create this mess. All the economists who state his plan will be a disaster are the ones who created the disaster we are in. Silver, that should already be clear to you, we don't have to wait for the future.

If its so important that your post is on top, well here you go. I rarely read these long and arduous posts. (-|
For clarity, even if it were impossible to fix the economy, Trump doesn't have to kill people in Yemen and Syria. That's on him. On him and the Americans who chose him.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote: March 28th, 2017, 5:21 am Thanks, FFA, for your support in keeping this thread near the top of the Latest Posts thread.

May I ask how did you develop that ability to consistently avoid the facts?

1. CFR
2. Goldman Sachs
3. Warmongers
4. Nepotism
Deal with it. You'll feel better.
Here, once again, are your irrefutable, unequivocal, undeniable, surefire facts. I guess you didn't get the previous memo. Let all readers to this thread deduce what they will from your posts wreaking with corroborating evidence.

I figure we're at an impasse as to whom is denying what.

Prov 6:16-19
16 ¶These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

eddie wrote: March 28th, 2017, 9:38 am Donald Trump didn't create this mess. All the economists who state his plan will be a disaster are the ones who created the disaster we are in. Silver, that should already be clear to you, we don't have to wait for the future.

I figure this is why Brian implemented a foe list so that those at the bottom can be in a state of agitation and screaming for attention. In my charitable mood I gave a little. I don't mind posting scriptural truth where deemed necessary, thus, elevating a post to the very top so it doesn't go unnoticed.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

freedomforall wrote: March 28th, 2017, 11:18 am
Silver wrote: March 28th, 2017, 5:21 am Thanks, FFA, for your support in keeping this thread near the top of the Latest Posts thread.

May I ask how did you develop that ability to consistently avoid the facts?

1. CFR
2. Goldman Sachs
3. Warmongers
4. Nepotism
Deal with it. You'll feel better.
Here, once again, are your irrefutable, unequivocal, undeniable, surefire facts. I guess you didn't get the previous memo. Let all readers to this thread deduce what they will from your posts wreaking with corroborating evidence.

I figure we're at an impasse as to whom is denying what.

Prov 6:16-19
16 ¶These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Scriptural words of truth are powerful, thanks for keeping this post on track FFA.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

iWriteStuff wrote: March 27th, 2017, 11:54 am How's that Swamp draining going? Oh, the water level went up a few hundred feet? Well I'll be darned....
Swamps tend to rise when the alligators have IBS over
The situation they are in.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote: March 27th, 2017, 11:54 am How's that Swamp draining going? Oh, the water level went up a few hundred feet? Well I'll be darned....
You may have noticed that FFA, and his faithful lapdog, eddie, have slobbered all over this thread but neither of them are capable of denying the fact that the Trump Administration is jam-packed full of Swamp Monsters. Sad, really, but not unexpected.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote: March 28th, 2017, 1:01 pm
You may have noticed that FFA, and his faithful lapdog, eddie, have slobbered all over this thread but neither of them are capable of denying the fact that the Trump Administration is jam-packed full of Swamp Monsters. Sad, really, but not unexpected.
Hi O Silverrrrr!!!

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

freedomforall wrote: March 28th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Hi O Silverrrrr!!!

HA! Silver was a little ruff ruff on me! ( panting) :ymparty:

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

True to form, guys. You've got nothing. Sad.

For everyone else, here's an opportunity for Trump to prove his patriotic bona fides. I won't be holding my breath.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-2 ... -audit-fed

The Republican-controlled Committee on Oversight and Government Reform approved a bill earlier today to allow for a congressional audit of the Federal Reserve's monetary policy, a proposal Fed policymakers have opposed and likely faces a difficult path to final approval in the Senate. Under the bill, the Fed’s monetary policy deliberations could be subject
to outside review by the Government Accountability Office.

While similar bills have garnered some support from Democrats in the past, they uniformly spoke against the current proposal during a meeting of the House of Representatives suggesting the current iteration would face stronger resistance from an increasingly polarized environment in Washington D.C..

The House previously passed similar versions of this legislation twice before in 2012 and 2014, with dozens of Democrats joining nearly unanimous Republican support. That said, those bills both died in the Senate and likely would have faced a Presidential veto from Obama had they survived anyway.

That said, Trump expressed interest in passing such legislation multiple times during the 2016 campaign cycle which means the 3rd time might just be the charm for Republicans.

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
It is so important to audit The Federal Reserve, and yet Ted Cruz missed the vote on the bill that would allow this to be done.
2:37 PM - 22 Feb 2016
6,679 6,679 Retweets 11,953 11,953 likes
Follow
Senator Rand Paul ✔ @RandPaul
President-elect @realDonaldTrump has stated his support for #AuditTheFed. Let’s send him the bill this Congress. https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/press/ ... it-the-fed
11:01 AM - 4 Jan 2017 · Washington, DC
1,936 1,936 Retweets 3,350 3,350 likes

And while proponents of the bill argue that the Fed wields too much power over the U.S. economy with minimal oversight, opponents assert that Fed decisions should be informed purely by economic indicators and completely insulated from "political pressure"...and we presume those same opponents would argue that Yellen's decision to wait until just after the conclusion of the 2016 Presidential election to start hiking rates had absolutely nothing to do with politics. Per Reuters:

Proponents of the measure argue that the Fed is too powerful and lacks sufficient oversight for its interest rate decisions. But Fed officials from Yellen on down, as well as other critics, have warned that such a policy could subject the Fed to undue political pressure and discourage it from taking unpopular steps for the good of the overall economy.

"We should not in any way hinder their independence," said Representative Carolyn Maloney, a New York Democrat, echoing the sentiment of Fed policymakers who say they could come under political pressure to avoid making unpopular decisions such as raising interest rates to slow growth and control inflation.
The next step for the bill would be a floor vote by the entire House, where Republicans hold a solid majority, followed by a Senate vote that would be much more difficult given Republcans' narrow lead.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

eddie wrote: March 28th, 2017, 2:19 pm
freedomforall wrote: March 28th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Hi O Silverrrrr!!!
HA! Silver was a little ruff ruff on me! ( panting) :ymparty:
Him not nice...Him stir up trouble, make Kemosabe angry...make hoof tracks every which way.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote:I won't be holding my breath.
#:-s

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/Articles/ta ... -Well.aspx

This Is Not Going To End Well

Published: Thursday, March 30, 2017

People who voted for Donald Trump were voting for change. For that matter, that’s what the people who voted for Barack Obama were voting for in 2008. But Obama changed nothing, and it looks like Trump won’t either. At least not the things that really matter.

Trump has appointed as many neocons, war hawks, and insiders to his administration as Barack Obama or G.W. Bush--maybe more. His promotion of Obamacare 2.0 was a total embarrassment to everything he campaigned for. He twisted the arms of House and Senate conservatives as much as Bush used to do--maybe more so. Thankfully, the House Freedom Caucus stood like Stonewall Jackson and refused to compromise their convictions. They made Trump look like a total wuss.

Can you imagine? Trump allied himself with the despicable neocon Paul Ryan against conservative champions such as Rand Paul and Thomas Massie. It was disgusting! I’m beginning to think Donald Trump doesn’t have a principled bone in his body. If he would compromise on Obamacare for the sake of a political victory, he would compromise anything.

Now, he has promoted his 36-year-old Zionist son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to be the head of a brand new White House office: The White House Office of American Innovation. Kushner is already Trump’s top foreign policy, domestic policy, and personnel adviser, as well as America’s de facto top diplomat as Trump’s top adviser on relations with China, Mexico, Canada, and the Middle East. Now, Kushner is assuming the job of Trump’s top economic adviser. In reality, Jared Kushner might be running the White House.

Kushner (a lifelong Democrat) is working with globalist elites such as Microsoft founder Bill Gates, Apple chief executive Tim Cook, Salesforce chief executive Marc Benioff, and Tesla co-founder and chief executive Elon Musk. Musk is so radical in his globalist ideas that he wants to extend his globalistic utopia to other planets. And Kushner is making this goofball one of America’s economic leaders? What a crock!

“The group has already hosted sessions with more than 100 such leaders and government officials.”

“‘We should have excellence in government,’ Kushner said Sunday in an interview in his West Wing office. ‘The government should be run like a great American company. Our hope is that we can achieve successes and efficiencies for our customers, who are the citizens.’”

See the report:

Trump Taps Kushner To Lead A SWAT Team To Fix Government With Business Ideas

Government should run like a company? Really? The country’s citizens are the government’s “customers”? Really?

The purpose of a company is to make profits for the executives and shareholders. Customers are viewed as a tool by which company executives and shareholders achieve the goal of making profits. Ladies and Gentlemen, that is NOT the purpose of government.

The purpose of government is simply to protect the freedoms and liberties of its citizens. Putting it in business terms, the people of the nation are NOT “customers.” They are the country’s OWNERS. They are not something from which to make a profit; they are something to be protected as the country’s rightful leaders. The government does not exist to profit from the citizenry; the government’s only purpose is to protect the liberties that our Creator has given to the citizenry by Natural Law.

Donald Trump’s appointments are by far the richest in history, with a combined net worth of over $14 billion. Almost to a man, these people are rabid globalists who see only one thing: MONEY. They have little or no loyalty to the United States. The Constitution means absolutely nothing to these people. In fact, their view of the Constitution is it only serves to impede their international business aspirations. They have homes and properties all over the world. They are the movers and shakers of a burgeoning New World Order. And these are the people that Donald Trump is putting in charge of our country.

But to so-called conservatives and patriots all over America, Donald Trump can do no wrong. Alex Jones has become a pandering, sycophantic waterboy for Trump. So have countless radio talk show hosts, websites, publications, and “conservative” special interest groups. This is 2001 all over again.

This is not going to end well.

But the thing that has always concerned me the most about Donald Trump is his obvious propensity for more and deeper wars. Two months into his administration has done nothing except exacerbate my concern.

Special Forces troops and Marines have landed in Syria; the 82nd Airborne has been sent to Iraq; U.S. troops are being deployed to Yemen (this would be in support of the Sunni Muslim Saudi Arabian government’s war of aggression against Yemen); our military presence on Russia’s border has grown exponentially just since Trump became President; the U.S. Navy is encroaching deeper and deeper into the South China Sea; Trump is seriously considering significantly increasing U.S. troop levels in Afghanistan; the Pentagon is talking about sending troops to Somalia; and Trump is calling for the biggest buildup of military spending in modern memory.

Remember that the United States already spends more money on its military than the next eight countries spend COMBINED. What in Hades does Donald Trump have in mind? We have over 800 military bases in over 160 countries around the world. So far in this new century, the U.S. has invaded two Middle Eastern countries and continues to daily attack many more. And that’s NOT ENOUGH?

And just as it appears that Trump is giving Jared Kushner and Bill Gates carte blanche when it comes to his economic policies, it appears that he is giving James Mattis and the Pentagon carte blanche to launch wars anywhere and however often they want. The White House approach is HANDS OFF.

“The Pentagon under President Donald Trump is enjoying greater freedom to run its wars the way it wants -- and not constantly seek White House approval on important decisions.

“Many in the military appreciate this increased autonomy, but critics charge it is raising civilian death rates, puts the lives of US troops at greater risk and leads to a lack of oversight of America's conflicts.”

“Since Trump's inauguration, the Marine Corps has brought an artillery battery into Syria, and the Army has moved in hundreds of Rangers, bringing the total number of US forces there to almost 1,000.”

“-- Hands off --

“Trump has also faced criticism for his hands-off approach, especially after he approved a special operations raid in Yemen that went horribly wrong, leading to the death of a Navy SEAL, multiple civilians including children and a crashed helicopter.

“Though the White House insisted the raid yielded vital intelligence and was a ‘successful operation by all standards,’ critics said the military had been rash to execute the mission.

“Observers are also calling into question whether the Pentagon is allowing civilian casualties to mount.”

“Airwars, a London-based collective of journalists and researchers, said Friday it had become so overwhelmed tracking civilian deaths allegedly caused by US and coalition planes that it has stopped tracking Russian strikes.

"‘The decision to temporarily suspend our Russia strike assessments has been a very difficult one to take,’" Airwars director Chris Woods said.

"‘Moscow is still reportedly killing hundreds of civilians in Syria every month. But with coalition casualty claims escalating so steeply -- and with very limited Airwars resources -- we believe our key focus at present needs to be on the US-led alliance.’

“The Pentagon has acknowledged at least 220 civilians have been unintentionally killed since operations to defeat IS began in late summer 2014. Airwars estimates the real number to be more than 10 times that.”

See the report:

Pentagon Enjoying Greater Leeway Under Trump

The problem is that all of this killing and bloodshed that the U.S. armed forces are inflicting around the world is taking place with NO declaration of war. There is absolutely no legal, moral, or constitutional justification for all of these global acts of military aggression. NONE! We are simply bullying our way around the world because our political leaders see America as an empire, not as a republic. Presidents seem to believe they have the right to invade, attack, kill, maim, and destroy AT WILL--simply because they have the muscle to do it.

As I’ve said before, if Donald Trump truly wants to defeat ISIS, al-Qaeda, al-Nusra, etc., all he needs to do is stay out of the way and let Russia and Syria take care of it, because that’s exactly what they are currently doing. Of course, he would also need to get the CIA out of the way, because it is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) sponsors of these Middle Eastern terror networks.

I have repeatedly tried to educate the American public--especially America’s Christians--to the heinousness (in the sight of God and humankind universally) of the crimes of aggression. Whether it is abortion, unjustified killings by police officers, or preemptive, unjustified wars by military forces, the Crime of Aggression is the greatest crime against the Law of Nature that a nation can commit.

And for the most part, it is Christians and conservatives who seem to be the most calloused and uncaring about this horrible crime. In fact, many times it seems that Christians and conservatives are the loudest cheerleaders for this crime. It is amazing to me how so-called pro-life Christians and conservatives can oppose the killing of innocent babies by doctors on the one hand while enthusiastically supporting the killing of innocents (including babies) by military troops or policemen on the other hand.

Accordingly, I brought a message that explains the significance of this Natural Law and the horrific consequences for nations that ignore and violate it. The message is called “The Crime Of Aggression: Condemned By The Law Of Nature And Nature’s God.” Sadly, almost no preacher even deals with this subject, and almost no Christian has ever heard it explained. Yet it is one of the most important laws dealing with nations in the entire Bible. From the murderous act of aggression via government-sanctioned abortion to murderous acts of aggression via government-sanctioned perpetual, preemptive war, the U.S. continues to violate this greatest-of-all national sins. God will NOT withhold His judgment on such a nation forever. This is a message you will likely hear nowhere else.

To order “The Crime Of Aggression: Condemned By The Law Of Nature And Nature’s God,” go here:

The Crime Of Aggression: Condemned By The Law Of Nature And Nature’s God

Did the people who elected Donald Trump really intend that he turn America into a giant corporation and deepen and extend America’s military involvements around the world? Somehow, I don’t think this was the change they had in mind.

Again, this is not going to end well.

P.S. Over the years, many websites, newsletters, publications, newspapers, periodicals, magazines, etc., have carried my columns. I have also written columns for NewsWithViews.com for 15 years. That amounts to 958 columns in total. But last week, the owner of NWV told my office that if any of my future columns were critical of Donald Trump or the State of Israel they would be censored.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have never pandered to any individual, organization, or group in what I write or say, and I’m not going to start now. Therefore, I have withdrawn my columns from NewsWithViews.com.

This is an excellent illustration of just how deep the problem is. This website owner (with whom I have had a very friendly business relationship for many years and whom I believed was a committed patriot and constitutionalist) said that a wealthy Zionist contributor had threatened to cut off his $1,000 per month donation to the website if I was allowed to continue to write critical comments against Israel. Imagine: there are 70 writers on this website, and ONE writer (me) tells the truth about Israel, and that ONE writer (me) must be censored. Worse yet is the fact that the website owner said he actually AGREES with me about the Zionist problem.

That’s how it works, folks. These angry, intolerant, wealthy Zionists use the power of their money to intimidate and coerce not only the mainstream media but also the conservative media into kowtowing to their radical Zionist agenda.

So, the owner of NewsWithViews.com sold his convictions for $1,000 a month. Well, I won’t sell mine FOR ANY PRICE. I will let the Author of truth (God) and the lovers of truth (my readers) make up the slack for any tyrannical Zionist who thinks he can purchase my tongue or my pen with his blood money. As far as I am concerned, the rich, manipulative, intolerant Zionist--to whom the website owner has sold his convictions--can take his $1,000 per month donation and shove it up the crack of his Talmud.

P.P.S If this act of censorship against me by NewsWithViews.com disgusts you, please let the management know.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Trump Gushes About the Former Goldman Sachs CEO Who is Now His Top Economic Adviser
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... sachs.html
From a new interview with The New York Times:
TRUMP: We have some very, very good people. This man [sitting in the room] was the president of Goldman Sachs. I mean, he was, like, the president of Goldman Sachs.

HABERMAN: I’m very familiar with his work.

TRUMP: And believe me, they wanted him. But he wanted to do something more important. As he said, as big as Goldman Sachs are, it was —

HABERMAN: This is bigger.

TRUMP: — and is. The numbers here are staggering. He did the biggest deals in the world. They were, like, tiny deals. They were like peanut deals. But, but we just have a great group of people.
Also The Times reports the following sat in on the interview. Note well:L no Steve Bannon:
[For]President Trump’s interview with The New York Times’s Maggie Haberman and Glenn Thrush...At least six White House aides were sitting in: Gary D. Cohn, President Trump’s lead economic adviser and a former president of Goldman Sachs; Reed Cordish, an assistant to the president; Sean Spicer, the press secretary; Hope Hicks, a long-serving Trump aide; and eventually Vice President Mike Pence and the chief of staff, Reince Priebus.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Back again, "plying my lonely trade." It's not like I get any particular pleasure from pointing out Trump's traitorous deeds. I'd rather be wrong because Trump turned out to be the greatest President since George Washington. However, observation early on told me it wasn't to be. Lately, he's making it more and more obvious that he's in place to help the 1%.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... r-24-hours

by Tyler Durden
Apr 12, 2017 6:11 PM
SHARES
Blink, and you missed Trump's blistering, seamless transformation into a mainstream politician.

In the span of just a few hours, President Trump flipped to new positions on several core policy issues, backing off on no less than five repeated campaign promises.

In a WSJ interview and a subsequent press conference, Trump either shifted or completely reversed positions on a number of foreign and economic policy decisions, including the fate of the US Dollar, how to handle China and the future of the chair of the Federal Reserve.

Goodbye strong dollar and high interest rates

In an announcement that rocked currency markets, Trump told the WSJ that the U.S. dollar “is getting too strong” and he would prefer the Federal Reserve keep interest rates low. “I do like a low-interest rate policy, I must be honest with you,” Mr. Trump said. “I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that’s my fault because people have confidence in me. But that’s hurting—that will hurt ultimately,” he added. “Look, there’s some very good things about a strong dollar, but usually speaking the best thing about it is that it sounds good.”

Trump then said the one thing that every other currency manipulator realizes all too well: “It’s very, very hard to compete when you have a strong dollar and other countries are devaluing their currency.”

During his campaign Trump had repeatedly said that a "strong dollar" policy would be beneficial for the US economy, despite our repeat warnings that he will inevitably reverse on this, especially if and when the "Goldman" circle of advisors starts providing macroconomic advice.

It is unclear if the shift in Trump's policy will mean that US economic data will now "mysteriously" begin to deteriorate to justify not only his request for a weaker dollar, but to also hit the breaks on Yellen's plans for further rate hikes over the next 2-3 years. In any case, the debate over the Fed's balance sheet unwind, and the trajectory of Fed hikes, is now on indefinite hiatus.

The biggest loser here, again, are America's savers who may have been hoping that their bank deposits will finally earn some interest.

As for the most notable outcome from this Trump statement, is that it counters his "desire" for a weaker dollar with the Fed's tightening bias. Will fireworks fly as Trump realizes that Yellen's actions are prompting the strong dollar? Stay tuned for what may be the most entertaining clash yet: Trump vs Yellen.

Labeling China a currency manipulator

Trump also told the Wall Street Journal that China is not artificially deflating the value of its currency, a big change after he repeatedly pledged during his campaign to label the country a currency manipulator.

"They’re not currency manipulators," the president said, adding that China hasn’t been manipulating its currency for months, and that he feared derailing U.S.-China talks to crack down on North Korea. Trump routinely criticized President Obama for not labeling China a currency manipulator, and promised during the campaign to do so on day one of his administration.

Trump's declaration also means that Peter Navarro may as well pack his bags, as the Goldman economic advisory team has now won its contest with the "Bannon nationalist" circle.

Yellen's future

Trump also told the Journal he’d consider re-nominating Yellen to chair the Fed's board of governors, after attacking her during his campaign." I like her. I respect her,” Trump said, “It’s very early.”

Trump called Yellen “obviously political” in September and accused her of keeping interest rates low to boost the stock market and make Obama look good. “As soon as [rates] go up, your stock market is going to go way down, most likely,” Trump said. "Or possibly.”

Export-Import Bank

Trump also voiced support behind the Export-Import Bank, which helps subsidize some U.S. exports, after opposing it during the campaign.

“It turns out that, first of all, lots of small companies are really helped, the vendor companies,” Trump told the Journal. “Instinctively, you would say, ‘Isn’t that a ridiculous thing,’ but actually, it’s a very good thing. And it actually makes money, it could make a lot of money.”

Trump’s support will anger conservative opponents of the bank, who say it enables crony capitalism.

NATO

Finally, Trump said NATO is "no longer obsolete" during a Wednesday press conference with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, backtracking on his past criticism of the alliance. During the campaign, he frequently called the organization "obsolete," saying did little to crack down on terrorism and that its other members don’t pay their “fair share.”

“I said it was obsolete. It is no longer obsolete," the president said Wednesday.

Trump has gradually become more supportive of NATO after it ramped up efforts to increase U.S. and European intelligence sharing regarding terrorism. Trump still insisted that NATO allies “meet their financial obligations and pay what they owe.” He said he discussed with Stoltenberg his desire that allies put 2 percent of their gross domestic products into defense by 2024.

Add to this Trump's first, most prominent reversal, the launch of air strikes on Syria last Friday after repeatedly bashing Obama for even considering that, and Trump's transformation into a mainstream politician now appears complete.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: April 12th, 2017, 7:01 pm Back again, "plying my lonely trade." It's not like I get any particular pleasure from pointing out Trump's traitorous deeds. I'd rather be wrong because Trump turned out to be the greatest President since George Washington. However, observation early on told me it wasn't to be. Lately, he's making it more and more obvious that he's in place to help the 1%.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... r-24-hours

by Tyler Durden
Apr 12, 2017 6:11 PM
SHARES
Blink, and you missed Trump's blistering, seamless transformation into a mainstream politician.

In the span of just a few hours, President Trump flipped to new positions on several core policy issues, backing off on no less than five repeated campaign promises.

In a WSJ interview and a subsequent press conference, Trump either shifted or completely reversed positions on a number of foreign and economic policy decisions, including the fate of the US Dollar, how to handle China and the future of the chair of the Federal Reserve.

Goodbye strong dollar and high interest rates

In an announcement that rocked currency markets, Trump told the WSJ that the U.S. dollar “is getting too strong” and he would prefer the Federal Reserve keep interest rates low. “I do like a low-interest rate policy, I must be honest with you,” Mr. Trump said. “I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that’s my fault because people have confidence in me. But that’s hurting—that will hurt ultimately,” he added. “Look, there’s some very good things about a strong dollar, but usually speaking the best thing about it is that it sounds good.”

Trump then said the one thing that every other currency manipulator realizes all too well: “It’s very, very hard to compete when you have a strong dollar and other countries are devaluing their currency.”

During his campaign Trump had repeatedly said that a "strong dollar" policy would be beneficial for the US economy, despite our repeat warnings that he will inevitably reverse on this, especially if and when the "Goldman" circle of advisors starts providing macroconomic advice.

It is unclear if the shift in Trump's policy will mean that US economic data will now "mysteriously" begin to deteriorate to justify not only his request for a weaker dollar, but to also hit the breaks on Yellen's plans for further rate hikes over the next 2-3 years. In any case, the debate over the Fed's balance sheet unwind, and the trajectory of Fed hikes, is now on indefinite hiatus.

The biggest loser here, again, are America's savers who may have been hoping that their bank deposits will finally earn some interest.

As for the most notable outcome from this Trump statement, is that it counters his "desire" for a weaker dollar with the Fed's tightening bias. Will fireworks fly as Trump realizes that Yellen's actions are prompting the strong dollar? Stay tuned for what may be the most entertaining clash yet: Trump vs Yellen.

Labeling China a currency manipulator

Trump also told the Wall Street Journal that China is not artificially deflating the value of its currency, a big change after he repeatedly pledged during his campaign to label the country a currency manipulator.

"They’re not currency manipulators," the president said, adding that China hasn’t been manipulating its currency for months, and that he feared derailing U.S.-China talks to crack down on North Korea. Trump routinely criticized President Obama for not labeling China a currency manipulator, and promised during the campaign to do so on day one of his administration.

Trump's declaration also means that Peter Navarro may as well pack his bags, as the Goldman economic advisory team has now won its contest with the "Bannon nationalist" circle.

Yellen's future

Trump also told the Journal he’d consider re-nominating Yellen to chair the Fed's board of governors, after attacking her during his campaign." I like her. I respect her,” Trump said, “It’s very early.”

Trump called Yellen “obviously political” in September and accused her of keeping interest rates low to boost the stock market and make Obama look good. “As soon as [rates] go up, your stock market is going to go way down, most likely,” Trump said. "Or possibly.”

Export-Import Bank

Trump also voiced support behind the Export-Import Bank, which helps subsidize some U.S. exports, after opposing it during the campaign.

“It turns out that, first of all, lots of small companies are really helped, the vendor companies,” Trump told the Journal. “Instinctively, you would say, ‘Isn’t that a ridiculous thing,’ but actually, it’s a very good thing. And it actually makes money, it could make a lot of money.”

Trump’s support will anger conservative opponents of the bank, who say it enables crony capitalism.

NATO

Finally, Trump said NATO is "no longer obsolete" during a Wednesday press conference with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, backtracking on his past criticism of the alliance. During the campaign, he frequently called the organization "obsolete," saying did little to crack down on terrorism and that its other members don’t pay their “fair share.”

“I said it was obsolete. It is no longer obsolete," the president said Wednesday.

Trump has gradually become more supportive of NATO after it ramped up efforts to increase U.S. and European intelligence sharing regarding terrorism. Trump still insisted that NATO allies “meet their financial obligations and pay what they owe.” He said he discussed with Stoltenberg his desire that allies put 2 percent of their gross domestic products into defense by 2024.

Add to this Trump's first, most prominent reversal, the launch of air strikes on Syria last Friday after repeatedly bashing Obama for even considering that, and Trump's transformation into a mainstream politician now appears complete.
https://youtu.be/MoqLXsgTWeY

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Trump-Flip-Flops-Only-Days-After-Saying-Hed-Default-Now-Says-He-will-Hyperinflate-The-Dollar-Vigilante-676x374.jpg
Trump-Flip-Flops-Only-Days-After-Saying-Hed-Default-Now-Says-He-will-Hyperinflate-The-Dollar-Vigilante-676x374.jpg (29.46 KiB) Viewed 3980 times
Build That Wall --- No Wall in Sight

Lock Her Up --- Still at Large

No Foreign Entanglements --- Tomahawks Launched

Repeal Obamacare --- Obamacare Remains

Lower Taxes --- No Tax plan

Import Tax --- None Proposed

NATO Sucks --- NATO Great

Russia Rapprochement --- Piss on Putin

Drain The Swamp --- Dove into the Deep End

Dump Yellen --- Jellen with Yellen

Difference between Hillary and Donald --- Hair Coloring Highlights

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... -president

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://mises.org/blog/trump-abandons-e ... r-spending

Trump Abandons Economic Reforms to Embrace War Spending

trumpsalute.JPG
9 COMMENTS
TAGS Taxes and SpendingWar and Foreign Policy

04/11/2017Ryan McMaken
In February, David Stockman pointed out that the Trump administration appears none too interested in addressing many of the economic issues that Trump claimed would be at the center of his administration. Instead, Stockman noted, Trump spent all his time obsessing over his travel ban — which he still can't get beyond the courts — and other non-economic issues. Stockman noted:

It's the economy, stupid. ... Trump was elected because flyover America is hurting economically. The voters of Racine, Wisconsin and Johnstown, Pennsylvania are imperiled not because of some refugees, they're imperiled because their jobs have all been disappearing for decades. The problem is far more the Federal Reserve, Janet Yellen, the bubbles they're creating on Wall Street...
And that was even before Trump mishandled the Obamacare repeal.

But now that it's April, it's all the more clear that Stockman was right. Trump and the GOP have already abandoned the Obamacare issue — and the Trump administration has now signaled there won't be any attempts at tax cuts anytime soon.

In February, Trump was promising a corporate tax cut bill "in two or three weeks." Now, nothing's even on the horizon. Obamacare has also been relegated to the back burner.

Nor should we expect anything on monetary policy. Trump has already hired a Treasury Secretary who praises Janet Yellen, and if Trump is as "anti-establishment" on monetary policy as he is on foreign policy, then we can expect Trump to offer simply more of the same. And, given Trump's big spending plans, Trump will certainly need the Fed with its ability to further monetize the deficit spending Trump is more than happy to keep going full speed ahead.

Moreover, when the economy enters recession, we can expect Trump to call for both massive monetary and fiscal stimulus, just as his Republican predecessor George W. Bush did in the face of recession in 2001 and again in 2008.

In response to the administration's obvious disinterest in economic issues, the Trump fanboys will surely cry "give him some time!" But, if Trump actually cared about these issues, he'd be talking about the need for tax cuts and relief from Obamacare. He'd be making speeches. He'd be meeting with Congress about it. He'd be telling voters to call their members of Congress and demand reform. He'd be giving press conferences on how we need to get the government off the backs of the people.

But no. None of that is happening.

What's worse, what few changes Trump has made on regulatory reform have all been made through executive order. This means they will be immediately reversible when another administration comes in — probably four years from now.

To make any lasting reform, Congress would need to take action on these matters, but Trump is either too lazy or too inept or too apathetic to do the hard work that comes with this type of lawmaking. In order to move beyond Rule by Decree, which is clearly Trump's favored type of governing, he'd have to work with Congress. But this so-called "master negotiator" apparently lacks the necessary skills.

It is now increasingly clear that the Trump administration is going to be at least four years of endless war, budget-busting spending, massive deficits, and more big government in general. His demonstrated preference is not for addressing the issues that won him the Rust Belt states. He's a war president now, and has better things to do.

Moreover, Trump has already declared 75 percent of the federal budget to be off limits to budget cuts, and has pledged to spent a trillion more in infrastructure spending on top of the already bloated social-spending budgets that he has pledged to not touch.

He has also called for $50 billion more in military spending, in just the next year alone.

That $50 billion is just chump change compared to what Trump will likely spend with his big plans for multiple wars, including wars in Syria and North Korea. Wars with boots on the ground — should Trump continue down that road — don't just cost a few hundred billion dollars. They cost trillions. According to one conservative estimate, the US has spent $3.6 trillion on wars between 2001 and 2016. (That not including future obligations to disabled veterans thanks to the wars.) What could have been done with that money? To use the words of Trump himself: "we could have rebuilt our country — twice."

Indeed, it may be a repeat of the George W. Bush years when Bush — via Medicare expansion — gave us the largest expansion of the welfare state since Johnson's Great Society, and then went on to break the bank with massive deficit spending on wars and welfare. Much of this, by the way, was done during a six year period when the GOP had control of both the White House and Congress.

Knee-jerk defenders of the GOP will no doubt point out that Obama spent immense amounts of taxpayer funds too, and that he placed huge regulatory burdens on American workers and business owners. No one denies that, nor did anyone seriously claim that Obama was going to be a budget cutter or lessen the burden of government on middle-class workers. Trump and his supporters do make such claims.

If Trump's only claim to fame is going to be "Hey, I'm slightly less awful than Obama," that will probably be good enough for some people. But many of us aren't going to be falling over ourselves to thank Trump for the few scraps that fall from his table.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... esday.html

Donald Trump’s ‘Globalist’ Makeover

It was a bad day for Trump campaign positions. NATO? Not ‘obsolete.’ China? ‘Not currency manipulators.’ Janet Yellen? ‘I like her.’

LACHLAN MARKAY
04.12.17 6:00 PM ET

President Donald Trump and his staff reversed or walked back at least six campaign positions on Wednesday.

Ranging from monetary to budget to defense policy, the reversals culminated at an afternoon press conference with North Atlantic Treaty Organization secretary general Jens Stoltenberg, where Trump said he no longer believes that the landmark defense pact is “obsolete.”
NATO has retooled itself to place greater emphasis on terrorism, the president explained. “I said it was obsolete. It’s no longer obsolete,” he said
“I complained about that a long time ago and they made a change, and now they do fight terrorism,” Trump claimed as White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon and senior adviser Stephen Miller, stalwarts of Trump’s brand of America First populism, looked on from the audience.

The president appeared to be referring to NATO’s creation last summer of a new intelligence-sharing office, which experts at the time described as not a particularly significant shift and NATO officials insisted was wholly unrelated to Trump’s campaign rhetoric.

NATO placed significant emphasis on terrorism prior to last summer, most notably in its response to the September 11 terrorist attacks, the only time in the alliance’s history that its Article 5 mutual defense provision has been invoked.

NATO troops subsequently served in Afghanistan for more than a decade.

Trump ignored that record during the campaign as he railed on NATO’s supposed obsolescence. But late in the race, he appeared to walk back that position, citing the creation last summer of its Joint Intelligence and Security Division.
“I’m all for NATO,” he insisted in September.

Still, Trump’s remarks on Wednesday, in which he heaped praise on NATO even as he called for member nations to step up their defense budgets, marked a departure from his often dismissive attitude towards the alliance on the campaign trail.
That reversal came just after the Wall Street Journal published an interview in which the president completely reversed his position on Chinese currency manipulation.

Trump vowed declared the campaign that he would officially declare China a currency manipulator on “day one” of his presidency. On Wednesday, he told the WSJ simply, “they’re not currency manipulators.”

He also reserved some praise for Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen, whom he criticized during the campaign for creating a “false market” by keeping interest rates low “because she’s obviously political and doing what Obama wants her to do.” Yellen, he said at the time, “should be ashamed of herself.”

He changed his tune on Wednesday. “I like her, I respect her,” Trump said of Yellen when asked whether he would renominate her next year. As for the Fed’s interest rate policies, he told the Journal, “I do like a low-interest rate policy, I must be honest with you.”

Still in the same interview, he completely reversed his position on the U.S. Export-Import Bank, a federal agency criticized by many free market conservatives and that Trump had ripped early in his presidential campaign.

“It turns out that, first of all, lots of small companies are really helped, the vendor companies,” Trump said on Wednesday. “But also, maybe more important, other countries give [assistance]. When other countries give it we lose a tremendous amount of business.”

The Ex-Im comments came shortly after White House Office of Management and Budget director Mick Mulvaney, who’d been a fierce critic of the institution while he served in Congress, told CNBC it would “continue to exist,” but that the administration would ensure it “sticks to its knitting and doesn’t experience some of the mission creep that many of our critics have seen.”

In a separate interview Wednesday, Mulvaney announced an end to the administration’s federal hiring freeze designed, the White House said when it was unveiled last month, “to stop the further expansion of an already bloated government.”

The freeze was a key campaign promise, featured prominently in a series of policy proposals that Trump dubbed his “Contract with the American Voter” and in which he also promised to reform the tax code, repeal Obamacare, and spend $1 trillion on infrastructure projects in his first 100 days in office.

Wednesday was day number 83.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room ... -visitors/

Judicial Watch Statement on Trump White House Decision to Keep Secret the Names of White House Visitors

APRIL 14, 2017

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton issued the following statement in response to today’s announcement by the Trump White House about its decision to keep secret the names of White House visitors:

“Judicial Watch is disappointed with the Trump White House decision to keep secret the names of White House visitors. Unfortunately, this move is perfectly in line with the policy of the Obama White House to prevent these visitors logs from being processed and released under the Freedom of Information Act. President Trump should simply allow the Secret Service to apply FOIA to its White House visitor logs. The Secret Service can protect the personal privacy of some visitors while upholding the rule of law. This new secrecy policy undermines the rule of law and suggests this White House doesn’t want to be accountable to the American people.”

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/15/us/p ... licts.html

With Trump Appointees, a Raft of Potential Conflicts and ‘No Transparency’
By ERIC LIPTON, BEN PROTESS and ANDREW W. LEHRENAPRIL 15, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump is populating the White House and federal agencies with former lobbyists, lawyers and consultants who in many cases are helping to craft new policies for the same industries in which they recently earned a paycheck.

The potential conflicts are arising across the executive branch, according to an analysis of recently released financial disclosures, lobbying records and interviews with current and former ethics officials by The New York Times in collaboration with ProPublica.

In at least two cases, the appointments may have already led to violations of the administration’s own ethics rules. But evaluating if and when such violations have occurred has become almost impossible because the Trump administration is secretly issuing waivers to the rules.

One such case involves Michael Catanzaro, who serves as the top White House energy adviser. Until late last year, he was working as a lobbyist for major industry clients such as Devon Energy of Oklahoma, an oil and gas company, and Talen Energy of Pennsylvania, a coal-burning electric utility, as they fought Obama-era environmental regulations, including the landmark Clean Power Plan. Now, he is handling some of the same matters on behalf of the federal government.

Continue reading the main story
RECENT COMMENTS

Susan Anderson 35 minutes ago
Trump is a living breathing ethical conflict. He has an unerring ability to choose people who are the most likely to bring the world to...
Pajaritomt 44 minutes ago
The disregard of Trump and his appointees for ethics and conflict of interest laws and standards indicates that they are daring the rest of...
Leigh 3 hours ago
Over the last week it's begun to look like Trump has been learning how to play America like a fiddle. Sure, he'll never be called the...
SEE ALL COMMENTS WRITE A COMMENT
Another case involves Chad Wolf, who spent the past several years lobbying to secure funding for the Transportation Security Administration to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a new carry-on luggage screening device. He is now chief of staff at that agency — at the same time as the device is being tested and evaluated for possible purchase by agency staff.

There are other examples. At the Labor Department, two officials joined the agency from the K Street lobbying corridor, leaving behind jobs where they fought some of the Obama administration’s signature labor rules, including a policy requiring financial advisers to act in a client’s best interest when providing retirement advice.

This revolving door of lobbyists and government officials is not new in Washington. Both parties make a habit of it.

But the Trump administration is more vulnerable to conflicts than the prior administration, particularly after the president eliminated an ethics provision that prohibits lobbyists from joining agencies they lobbied in the prior two years. The White House also announced on Friday that it would keep its visitors’ logs secret, discontinuing the release of information on corporate executives, lobbyists and others who enter the complex, often to try to influence federal policy. The changes have drawn intense criticism from government ethics advocates across the city.

Mr. Trump’s appointees are also far wealthier and have more complex financial holdings and private-sector ties than officials hired at the start of the Obama administration, according to an Office of Government Ethics analysis that the White House has made public. This creates a greater chance that they might have conflicts related to investments or former clients, which could force them to sell off assets, recuse themselves or seek a waiver.

A White House spokeswoman, Sarah H. Sanders, declined repeated requests by The Times to speak with Stefan C. Passantino, the White House lawyer in charge of the ethics policy. Instead, the White House provided a written statement that did not address any of the specific questions about potential violations The Times had identified.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... violations

Trump WH officials work their way around ethics rules: report
BY BROOKE SEIPEL - 04/15/17 10:48 PM EDT

The Trump administration has secretly issued waivers to some officials who may have violated ethics rules, The New York Times reported Saturday.

The Times, in collaboration with ProPublica, reported that after analyzing reports from lobbyists and interviews with ethics officials, it appears that at least two of Trump's appointees in the White House may have violated ethics rules.

However, the newspaper said it is nearly impossible to determine the details of such violations, as the administration is reportedly issuing secret waivers to the rules.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders reportedly turned down The Time's requests to speak with Stefan Passantino, the White House ethics lawyer, but did offer a brief statement about the report.

"The White House takes its ethics pledge and federal conflict of interest rules very seriously. The White House requires all of its employees to work closely with ethics counsel to ensure compliance and has aggressively required employees to recuse or divest where the law requires," the statement read.

The Times listed a handful of White House staff that could be the subject of ethics violations, including a top energy adviser, Michael Catanzaro, who until late 2016 worked as a lobbyist for major energy and oil industries.

Another person examined was the Transportation agency chief of staff Chad Wolf, who previously lobbied to secure funding for the Transportation Security Administration.

Walter Shaub, the director of the Office of Government Ethics that advises federal agencies including the White House on complying with federal ethics law, criticized the administration's handling of the ethics rules.

Shaub said Trump's executive order in late January eliminated a requirement adopted by former President Barack Obama that executive branch appoints not accept jobs at agencies they have lobbied.

He also said it's easier for former lobbyists who have joined the government to get waivers allowing them to focus on matters potentially benefitting former clients.

“There’s no transparency, and I have no idea how many waivers have been issued,” he told the newspaper.
Last edited by Silver on April 24th, 2017, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

My, oh my, we are a warlike people.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... t-2-months

War 'Works' - Trump Favorability Hits 50% - Highest In 2 Months

by Tyler Durden
Apr 17, 2017 10:43 AM

It appears that if you want to be liked by the American public, go to war. After a non-stop plunge to record low ratings for a new president, Rasmussen's most recent data shows President Trump's favorability surging to 2-month highs since he started rattling sabres around the world.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove. This is the first time the president’s overall approval rating has been back in the 50s in nearly a month. Just after his inauguration, Trump’s job approval peaked at 59% and remained in the 50s every day until early March. It’s gone as low as 42% since then. The latest figures for Trump include 30% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 39% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -9.
20170417_trump_favor.jpg
20170417_trump_favor.jpg (27.46 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
However, while this recent warmongery has juiced Trump's favorability, a recent Gallup poll says majority of people no longer believe he will deliver on promises...
20170417_trump rating.jpg
20170417_trump rating.jpg (73.84 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
The more positive assessments of Trump in February came as he started his presidency with a flurry of executive orders and Cabinet appointments. Regardless of whether they agreed with those actions, Americans appeared to take them as evidence Trump was keeping his campaign pledges to fundamentally alter the course of the federal government.

In the two months since, however, Trump appeared to walk away from repealing the Affordable Care Act after Republicans failed to agree on the healthcare replacement bill that Trump stood behind. Political friends and foes alike have complained that Trump is not carrying out the promises he made on the campaign trail. Supporters have expressed unhappiness that more has not been done on taxes and immigration, in addition to healthcare. Opponents say he has not protected middle- and working-class Americans.

As Gallup concludes, at the outset of his presidency, a majority of the public did give Trump credit, however, for keeping his promises and for being a president who could bring about needed changes. Now many have turned away from those views, perhaps because of the GOP's failure to deliver on their long-standing promise to repeal Obamacare. As a result, a majority now disagree that he has these qualities. These views could shift again, depending on Trump's actions over the course of his presidency. But for now, Trump has lost significant ground with a public that only two months ago credited him with having one of the key characteristics of a successful president.