What if...

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

What if...

Post by Silver »

...the US stayed on its current trajectory and went to war with North Korea (in other words, a proxy war against China and Russia like the last time our soldiers fought on the Korean Peninsula under the flag of the United Nations)? What if the Federal Reserve Hiney Wipe was then proven to be nearly worthless, not compared to other fiat currencies, but against the lasting value of real money as defined by the Constitution? What if grocery shopping consumed your income leaving no room for rent/mortgage payments? What if most people in your ward and stake and city were in the same boat as you? What if the resources of the Church were simply insufficient to take care of everyone?

Wouldn't now be a good time to diversify your financial reserve into something made by Jehovah, like silver?

Sincerely,
Silver

PS The Federal Reserve System is both illegal and immoral. Why keep your wealth tied up in such a system?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: What if...

Post by BeNotDeceived »

... As the international standard of commerce, the American dollar has had its day.

The proposal by Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of China’s central bank, in March 2009, to establish an international financial reserve currency based on a basket of national currencies is only the start of the process to replace the US dollar as the medium of trade and finance.

But a basket based currency, even if it is more stable, also adds more complexity. It is still based on printed money valuations and incorporates all of the other weaknesses inherent in currencies which are not hard asset based.

Even though the Chinese proposal was widely rejected, the need for a stable international trading currency is clear and is the subject of ongoing discussion. But why settle for another fabricated currency? The opportunity exists to advance to a real and stable standard.

Upon which bedrock can an upgraded currency be based to facilitate accurate valuations, stability, fluidity to represent any scale of asset or transaction and offer resistance to speculation? Gold is limited by scarcity and scalability. Although it can dampen the gyrations of national currencies, it doesn’t represent in and of itself, the real wealth creation process.

There is only one commodity which is universally produced and consumed with both the scale and resolution to represent the full scope of any human endeavour. We already measure it in tremendous detail and it is central to every economy and process. ...

If ... then we will have developed the perfect currency Image

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Maybe someday, BND. Just off the top of my head, who will control energy and who will control energy currency come to mind as concerns.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Silver wrote: August 9th, 2017, 5:48 am ...the US stayed on its current trajectory and went to war with North Korea (in other words, a proxy war against China and Russia like the last time our soldiers fought on the Korean Peninsula under the flag of the United Nations)? What if the Federal Reserve Hiney Wipe was then proven to be nearly worthless, not compared to other fiat currencies, but against the lasting value of real money as defined by the Constitution? What if grocery shopping consumed your income leaving no room for rent/mortgage payments? What if most people in your ward and stake and city were in the same boat as you? What if the resources of the Church were simply insufficient to take care of everyone?

Wouldn't now be a good time to diversify your financial reserve into something made by Jehovah, like silver?

Sincerely,
Silver

PS The Federal Reserve System is both illegal and immoral. Why keep your wealth tied up in such a system?
I'm trying.
I keep buying Silver Britannia's whenever I can.
Might even push the boat out an get some gold too.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Robin Hood wrote: August 9th, 2017, 10:08 am
Silver wrote: August 9th, 2017, 5:48 am ...the US stayed on its current trajectory and went to war with North Korea (in other words, a proxy war against China and Russia like the last time our soldiers fought on the Korean Peninsula under the flag of the United Nations)? What if the Federal Reserve Hiney Wipe was then proven to be nearly worthless, not compared to other fiat currencies, but against the lasting value of real money as defined by the Constitution? What if grocery shopping consumed your income leaving no room for rent/mortgage payments? What if most people in your ward and stake and city were in the same boat as you? What if the resources of the Church were simply insufficient to take care of everyone?

Sincerely,
Silver

I'm trying.
Silver is really the wiser purchase at this time given the exchange ratio. But sometimes a little spot of gold in your hand can be handy. Remember, it's not that gold is expensive. It's that fiat currency is so worthless.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver wrote: August 9th, 2017, 9:47 am Maybe someday, BND. Just off the top of my head, who will control energy and who will control energy currency come to mind as concerns.
The if cited above should be in capital letters as storing large quantities of energy is currently beyond our capabilities. In lieu of storage there is certified capacity to produce.

Care is needed to ensure safety, limit pollution, etc. Something similar to ICAO :-?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Robin Hood wrote: August 9th, 2017, 10:08 am

Sincerely,
Silver

I'm trying.
Gold is found in its natural state and large deposits are likely to exist in the Earth. When tapped or released to the surface via volcano the price will plummet.

On the other hand there's nothing fiat about titanium. It's a commodity whose value is based mainly on its work content. BTUs KWHs barrels of oil, uranium fuel rods and many food items are also commodities valued because of work content.

You can even win a bonus ounce by being the first to post the destination of this package which was sent in part to try international shipping. I'll gladly ship international if you or anyone wishes to participate.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I save dollars because I have debt. If our fiat money becomes worthless, great. I'll pay off my house. If not, I have some dollars. At some point though you need to diversify. I would consider ammunition in addition to silver.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

One thing that needs to be pointed out is that the Korean war never ended. A temporary cease fire has been in effect for the last 64 years, but a state of war still exists and this has never been forgotten by leaders of North Korea even though Americans and most South Koreans like to pretend the war is officially over.

Mala_Suerte
captain of 100

Post by Mala_Suerte »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 9th, 2017, 10:58 am
Silver wrote: August 9th, 2017, 9:47 am Maybe someday, BND. Just off the top of my head, who will control energy and who will control energy currency come to mind as concerns.
The if cited above should be in capital letters as storing large quantities of energy is currently beyond our capabilities. In lieu of storage there is certified capacity to produce.

Care is needed to ensure safety, limit pollution, etc. Something similar to ICAO :-?
We've been storing energy for years. The strategic oil reserve in the US is a good example. Also, Exploration and Production companies have been storing produced gas in the ground for a long long time to be withdrawn later. What we can't currently store for a long time is solar and wind. But many great minds are currently working on this problem. The first ones to do it economically will be worth billions. Until that point, solar and wind will continue to be a peripheral energy source.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

There was a magnitude 6.3 event in North Korea Sunday morning. If I got the math right, that's somewhere in the vicinity of a megaton detonation.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... #executive

In the Book of Mormon we read of the Nephites preparing for war so they wouldn't be caught unprepared when Lamanites attacked. Si vis pacem, para bellum. We need to be ready to counter Kim.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Mala_Suerte wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 4:22 pm

We've been storing energy for years. The strategic oil reserve in the US is a good example. Also, Exploration and Production companies have been storing produced gas in the ground for a long long time to be withdrawn later. What we can't currently store for a long time is solar and wind. But many great minds are currently working on this problem. The first ones to do it economically will be worth billions. Until that point, solar and wind will continue to be a peripheral energy source.

"We're to the point" where we can begin to harness the energy stored in the ocean.

Japan will roll out the Hydogen Economy in the 2020 Olympics. :ymapplause:

Mala_Suerte
captain of 100

Post by Mala_Suerte »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 3rd, 2017, 1:27 am
Mala_Suerte wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 4:22 pm

"We're to the point" where we can begin to harness the energy stored in the ocean.

Japan will roll out the Hydogen Economy in the 2020 Olympics. :ymapplause:

This has been going on for a while. It just hasn't scaled up.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Mala_Suerte wrote: September 3rd, 2017, 12:33 pm
https://youtu.be/En0hZZogF20

This has been going on for a while. It just hasn't scaled up.

There is my design for a hurricane hunter that could neutralize Henry or Irma. :ymhug:

It's based on a dodecagon and is propelled by redirecting the OTEC nozzles. The cold water can be spayed in the air for maximum impact IAW patents by Bill Gates --> http://planetearthandhumanity.blogspot. ... canes.html

Somebody sign him up. =))

Really, just like forest fires, so too cyclones are best subdued while they are small, as we are are commanded in Genesis 1:28; we're about 60 years late; may heaven have mercy on us. :-s :ymsick: