Monsanto really is killing us.

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Monsanto really is killing us.

Post by SmallFarm »

If not intentionally then by shortsightedness and ignorance, with the same result.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Re: Monsanto really is killing us.

Post by brlenox »

SmallFarm wrote: July 9th, 2017, 11:46 am If not intentionally then by shortsightedness and ignorance, with the same result.
I have long felt the same. Part is clearly intentional. For instance, the process of patenting seed that they have genetically modified and their efforts at creating the Svalbard Seed Vault with co-sponsers Bill Gates, the Rockefellers, and Syngenta are areas of concern. There is no question that the undermining of the major food crops in the world with genetically modified material, and their hyper aggressive approach to protecting the product are intentional efforts.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Huge player in the "secret combination" business if you ask me. Here is what I posted on another thread, including links to informative reading articles.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41741&p=773168&hili ... to#p773168

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

How can the LDS connection be understood, explained or exposed?

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Elizabeth wrote: July 10th, 2017, 9:48 am How can the LDS connection be understood, explained or exposed?
I am unaware of a specific LDS connection. Is there one that you are aware of?

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

:-$ :D
Last edited by SmallFarm on July 10th, 2017, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Yes, the management and much of the staff of Monsanto were at the time of my enquiries active LDS. Also unfortunately Mitt Romney was instrumental to the success of Monsanto. During the campaign I questioned his connection and support of Monsanto but was given no answer.
brlenox wrote: July 10th, 2017, 10:26 am
Elizabeth wrote: July 10th, 2017, 9:48 am How can the LDS connection be understood, explained or exposed?
Last edited by Elizabeth on July 10th, 2017, 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Elizabeth wrote: July 10th, 2017, 2:52 pm Yes, the management and much of the staff. Also unfortunately Mitt Romney. During the campaign I questioned his connection but was given no answer.
"The management"?! Elizabeth, are you trying to describe the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve as "the management"?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote: July 10th, 2017, 2:57 pm
Elizabeth wrote: July 10th, 2017, 2:52 pm Yes, the management and much of the staff. Also unfortunately Mitt Romney. During the campaign I questioned his connection but was given no answer.
"The management"?! Elizabeth, are you trying to describe the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve as "the management"?
I inferred from her wording that she was referring to the management of Monsanto.

And I suspect that a large LDS population on the executive team doesn't mean a whole lot. I am convinced that most of the people who are actively supporting secret conspiracies aren't aware of what they are doing or whom they are doing the bidding of.

It's obvious what Monsanto wants; they want everybody using their seeds. They have done some good things through their genetic modification, including getting food to grow more densely and introducing improved insect resistance. But they tipped their hat when they tried suing people for using second generation Monsanto seeds instead of buying more seeds from them. And this shouldn't be a surprise; most large businesses would like to become the sole provider of something everybody needs to use.

I get the impression that a lot of Mormons think there is a big conspiracy, comprised of hundreds of thousands of people or maybe millions, who are all working on a shared and known plan with a defined long term timeline. I am convinced it doesn't work this way.

There's got to be a small group who are actively and intentionally working to overthrow governments and institute themselves in power, with an additional goal of thinning the herd so the remaining population is small enough to easily control. Ezra Benson testified of this. I do believe there is a large number of people who have conspired, but they only know their own little part of the plan - how they will benefit and that they will be protected from punishment for illegal acts. And when the time comes that the whole plan is enacted, these people will be absolutely shocked to learn they have been hoodwinked.
Beyond these two groups are a lot more people who have been convinced that what they are doing is good and right - such as those who support feminism, the elimination of the nuclear family, abortion, etc. It is crucial for us to remember that these people have no idea what they are really doing. These people are good people! They are doing what they believe to be right. They just don't know any better. They have been tricked by Satan to believe churches, conservative values, and religion (particularly Christianity) are bad things. They need our prayers, asking that they be softened and prepared to receive the gospel. They need us to pray for ourselves, asking that we be prepared, guided to them, and inspired to know what to say. Then they need to be taught the gospel in a way that they will understand and be able to accept.

In the Book of Mormon we read of Gaddiantons being imprisoned and taught the gospel, and many repenting then being freed. I believe that those in lower level conspiracies, most of whom probably believe they are pursuing good things and the ends justify the means, can also benefit from coming to the gospel. If we really do our work, the core conspiracy can be as dangerous as the severed head of a rattlesnake - get too close and you'll enjoy a nice, venom filled bite, but isolate it and soon it will die.