Prepping Post-Marmalade

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Prepping Post-Marmalade

Post by Silver »

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/3166 ... -than-ever

Go to the link to see the embedded video.

With Trump As President Prepping Is More Important Than Ever
Wednesday, 05 April 2017 03:04 Brandon Smith

I don’t believe it is as pervasive as certain people may think, but there is a notion among some in the liberty movement that with Donald Trump in the White House the need for crisis preparedness has subsided. Because preppers and survivalists tend to lean towards the conservative side of things, the urgency for prepping almost always explodes when the Democratic party is “in power.” As they say, for example, Barack Obama was perhaps the greatest gun salesman in history with the gun industry growing over 158% during his two terms.

Now with Republican dominance in Congress, Senate and White House, there is a possible temptation for conservatives to become complacent and comfortable once again. In 2017 so far, ATF background checks have dropped by at least half a million since this time last year, and gun company stocks are turning negative. There are also rumors floating around that survival food companies are suffering from a severe crunch in sales. Though I have not yet found this to be substantiated, I can verify that many preppers I deal with on a daily basis seem to have relaxed their guard.

I would point out that this is not necessarily all due to Trump. The gun market is likely saturated after eight years of Obama, and one must also consider that as the U.S. economy continues to decline, surplus cash used for prep gear is going to dry up. That said, I do think it is important to examine any assumptions liberty activists might have in terms of a Trump driven “recovery.”

When I began publishing my post-election analysis on what I felt was a predictable Trump win, I did find anger among some activists who decided I was being “too pessimistic,” and that I should join the movement in celebration. Being that I called a Trump presidency half a year in advance based on the premise that the globalists needed a conservative scapegoat for the next phase of the ongoing financial crisis, it was hardly a moment of celebration for me.

There is a common delusion among those that invest themselves in politics that all that is needed to reverse the course of any nation or situation is a “strong leader” with ample cheerleading from the populace. In reality, social and geopolitical disasters are usually far beyond the means of any one politician to change. Economic disasters are even more irreversible. I wish I could pretend to be optimistic, but I am rather well studied in the history of these kinds of events.

Conservatives are especially vulnerable to the idea of a “protector on a white horse” coming to their rescue; a God-fearing hero and statesman, a general and leader of men. But, such people do not exist. There are no supermen. There are no worldly saviors. There are only common men, with common failings, destined to face extraordinary obstacles. The great men of history are not born before hand — they are forged in the crucible of crisis. Great men are not great men until proven otherwise. To assume any political leader is a great man beforehand is foolish, to say the least.

This is why blind faith in a post-Trump renaissance is misplaced. It is something that has yet to be proven, and in the meantime, there are numerous and highly visible dangers on the horizon that demand continued vigilance and preparedness. I will examine one of these primary dangers now…

The Growing Threat Of Civil Unrest

As I noted in my post-election analysis, the political Left has been shell shocked by the rise of Trump and their emotional response would undoubtedly be to double down and become progressively more volatile and more violent. I predicted that this would be evident as winter broke and the cold weather subsided.

The first signs of this are surfacing as May Day is becoming a rally date for social justice mobs bent on disrupting any agenda the Trump administration might have for enforcing immigration laws. The largest of these protests is to be held in Los Angeles, but similar protests are planned nationwide as well.

From what we have seen from previous rallies, it would not be unfair to expect rioting in May. I say this because a tone shift in the left is taking place and extreme reactions are more frequent. The following video illustrates this clearly, I think…

Warning - Explicit

In case you missed it, this guy just pulled an AR-15 on someone simply because they had a MAGA flag on their truck. Not only that, but he FILMED HIMSELF doing it and and apparently posted it on social media. That is how brazen and insane these people are becoming.

Think of it this way — could you have even imagined something like this happening during the 2012 election? It is important not to become conditioned to such behavior as being “normal.”

To be sure, this sort of thing will not be happening in certain parts of the country. In my state of Montana, the assailant would have been shot two dozen times over by our highly armed population regardless of his politics just on the self defense principle. And frankly, I am fine with that. Citizens providing security for citizens is the American way.

What I do have a problem with, though, is the increasing potential for an extreme response from conservatives in the face of leftist lunacy. Meaning, I worry about martial law with conservative support, which in my view is more and more likely over the next two years.

Contrary to popular belief among tough-government champions, martial law often instigates more violence than it solves. The harsher the crackdown, the more vicious the push-back; the more vicious the push-back the more totalitarianism is rationalized by authorities. It’s a terrible cycle.

Preparedness in terms of self defense should be self-explanatory here. During widespread mob action the rule of law is usually the first casualty, even when martial law is instituted. You also never know when some nutcase might declare you a “Trump supporter” (whether you are one or not) as he reaches for a weapon.

It is fascinating to me the level of cognitive dissonance with some liberty activists who seem to think Trump’s first term will be anything other than pure chaos. George Soros, an elitist who often funds the very groups organizing mobs to protest Trump, said it plainly:

“I think Trump will fail.”

“What’s more Soros predicted that the market’s Trump high will soon turn into a hangover. He called Trump unpredictable and unprepared, and said that combination will end up bad for the market.”

Soros and his globalist colleagues do not need to field guesses; they ENGINEER the outcomes that they “predict.” Social unrest at this fragile time would result in the exact market instability Soros mentioned, among other problems.

Look, you may believe Trump is being threatened on all sides by the so-called “deep state,” or you may believe that he has willingly surrounded himself with global elitists because he is a Trojan horse. Either way, the diagnosis for the future is not rosy. It would be naive to think that the globalists would not do everything in their power to foment calamity in the near term. It would be equally naive to believe that such an agenda could be repelled through political means.

The answer, as always, is a prepared citizenry. This can act as a deterrent as much as a measure of comfort. The more prepared the public is for any eventuality, the less affected we will be by disaster. The less affected we are by disaster, the less fearful we will be when it strikes and the less likely we will be to make stupid decisions such as throwing our support behind martial law and the wholesale erasure of the constitution. The more prepared we are, the fewer options available to the establishment when attempting to lure us into poor collective decisions.

Prepping means freedom in the face of uncertainty, and times have never been more uncertain. To summarize: A Trump White House calls for more caution, not less.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Re: Prepping Post-Marmalade

Post by gclayjr »

Silver,

While I generally agree with your point I do wonder
I don’t believe it is as pervasive as certain people may think, but there is a notion among some in the liberty movement that with Donald Trump in the White House the need for crisis preparedness has subsided. Because preppers and survivalists tend to lean towards the conservative side of things,
Who really thinks Trump is conservative? I guess if you have an R after you name, and say the word conservative over and over, people start to accept that. One of the things I predicted was that things would get pretty bad under Trump, because those connected with Obama and the Democrats would do what they could while they could. I was mostly expecting this during the transition phase and didn't see it continuing and getting worse after the inauguration. While I understood the idea, I would not have known what someone was talking about had they said the phrase "deep State", back last summer.

While Trump is a bit more pro American and pro business than Obama was, at the core, I see them as both variations on the same theme. They both lean totalitarian. While Trump may choose to dictate a bit more in a friendly way for middle America, it doesn't change the fact that he tends toward totalitarianism, which is neither conservative, nor shows any particular respect for Constitutional federalism.

Unfortunately, historically, those who may seem similar on the surface often fight like cats and dogs... Hatfields, McCoys.... Fascists., Communists...Shia, Sunni...

So keep your powder dry, and be prepared...and as the Character Margo Channing said in the movie "all About Eve"..."Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night! "

Regards,

George Clay

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gclayjr wrote: April 6th, 2017, 5:54 am Silver,

I don’t believe it is as pervasive as certain people may think, but there is a notion among some in the liberty movement that with Donald Trump in the White House the need for crisis preparedness has subsided. Because preppers and survivalists tend to lean towards the conservative side of things,
Who really thinks Trump is conservative? I guess if you have an R after you name, and say the word conservative over and over, people start to accept that. One of the things I predicted was that things would get pretty bad under Trump, because those connected with Obama and the Democrats would do what they could while they could. I was mostly expecting this during the transition phase and didn't see it continuing and getting worse after the inauguration. While I understood the idea, I would not have known what someone was talking about had they said the phrase "deep State", back last summer.

While Trump is a bit more pro American and pro business than Obama was, at the core, I see them as both variations on the same theme. They both lean totalitarian. While Trump may choose to dictate a bit more in a friendly way for middle America, it doesn't change the fact that he tends toward totalitarianism, which is neither conservative, nor shows any particular respect for Constitutional federalism.

Unfortunately, historically, those who may seem similar on the surface often fight like cats and dogs... Hatfields, McCoys.... Fascists., Communists...Shia, Sunni...

So keep your powder dry, and be prepared...and as the Character Margo Channing said in the movie "all About Eve"..."Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night! "

Regards,

George Clay
You're right, George. It's the R thing. Americans are so gullible.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Silver wrote: April 6th, 2017, 2:30 pm
gclayjr wrote: April 6th, 2017, 5:54 am Silver,

Regards,

George Clay
You're right, George. It's the R thing. Americans are so gullible.
The R thing as well as a total disregard for his past (and present) words and opinions.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

God Bless America, And God Bless President Trump.

President Trump on Monday marked Memorial Day, honoring those “who made the ultimate sacrifice” defending the U.S.

President Donald J. Trump Proclaims Memorial Day, May 29, 2017, as a Day of Prayer for Permanent Peace

PRAYER FOR PEACE, MEMORIAL DAY, 2017

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Somebody majored in cheerleading with a minor in Kool-Aid drinking.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: May 29th, 2017, 4:16 pm Somebody majored in cheerleading with a minor in Kool-Aid drinking.
The American people have spoken, I like cheering for the winning team!

https://youtu.be/7HDCn3gE-Dk

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Silver wrote: May 29th, 2017, 4:16 pm Somebody majored in cheerleading with a minor in Kool-Aid drinking.

Hey Silver you need to go read some Pres. Hinckley's talks about becoming more positive. Here is some good advice for you from the Prophet. Maybe if you prayed more for divine guidance To influence Pres. Trump and attacked him a little less you could help Facilitate a more positive change. Give it a try. Your constant stream of faultfinding isnt doing a bit of good for the country.

"I do not doubt that we shall have days of trial. I am confident that so long as we have more politicians than statesmen, we shall have problems. But I am certain that if we will emphasize the greater good and turn our time and talents from vituperative criticism, from constantly looking for evil, and lift our sights to what may be done to build strength and goodness in our nation, America will continue to go forward with the blessing of the Almighty and stand as an ensign of strength and peace and generosity to all the world."

President Hinckley

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Mark wrote: May 29th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Hey Silver you need to go read some Pres. Hinckley's talks about becoming more positive. Here is some good advice for you from the Prophet. Maybe if you prayed more for divine guidance To influence Pres. Trump and attacked him a little less you could help Facilitate a more positive change. Give it a try. Your constant stream of faultfinding isnt doing a bit of good for the country.

"I do not doubt that we shall have days of trial. I am confident that so long as we have more politicians than statesmen, we shall have problems. But I am certain that if we will emphasize the greater good and turn our time and talents from vituperative criticism, from constantly looking for evil, and lift our sights to what may be done to build strength and goodness in our nation, America will continue to go forward with the blessing of the Almighty and stand as an ensign of strength and peace and generosity to all the world."

President Hinckley
Mark, if you can tell me the exact point in time when Moroni went from praying for Amalickiah to raising the Standard of Liberty and seeking to overthrow that usurper then your advice might mean something to me. Otherwise, I can't get much from your comments. You guys think that I hate Trump. You have no idea how often I've prayed for him to make good choices. However, the main point for me is the host of evil people around Trump because the person who sits in the Oval Office is not really the person in charge. There is no win-win for the American people with that crew of bankers and elitists. So Einstein's definition of insanity kicks in. We've had the same zionists & neocons for years and you can see what happened. To expect a change for the better is ludicrous. Why argue, Mark, with what your eyes are telling you?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

“Beware of those who criticize you when you deserve some praise for an achievement, for it is they who secretly desire to be worshiped.”

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.occidentaldissent.com/2017/0 ... ald-trump/

The Alleged Gassing In Syria

The so-called gassing in Syria happened on April 4th.

Caught off guard, I find my attention ripped away from my research by warmongering neocons. It took all of two days for Donald Trump to launch a military strike on Syria.

The Final Straw

The attack on Syria was the final straw.

It was a stunning turn of events. Donald Trump ripped up his “America First” foreign policy and threw it in the garbage in order to appease the political establishment. In doing so, he severely undermined our confidence in his character, cast doubt on every other promise he made on the campaign trail and sawed off the leg of his appeal that comes from a non-interventionist foreign policy.

For the Alt-Right, Donald Trump was an attractive candidate to us primarily because he was an “America First” candidate on trade, immigration and foreign policy. So far, the Deep State, Lügenpresse and the federal courts have defeated him on all three fronts. It started when he disavowed the Alt-Right. Then he overreacted and fired Michael Flynn. It culminated in abandoning his entire foreign policy. We now have ample proof that President Trump isn’t the strong leader we imagined him to be.

We gave Trump’s America almost a hundred days. It only took 76 days to be revealed as false paradise.