Shelley Idaho Prep fair with Joel Skousen

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Shelley Idaho Prep fair with Joel Skousen

Post by OCDMOM »

http://shelleyready.com/fair-location/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Feb 18th.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Re: Shelley Idaho Prep fair with Joel Skousen

Post by mirkwood »

Meh to Joel Skousen and a couple of others.

If you go, check out Cindy Miller's class. She is a distributor of the Saratoga Jacks thermal cooker (matter of fact so am I, but I don't do much anymore), and the thermal cooker is a must on any preppers list.

forwardtozion
captain of 10

Post by forwardtozion »

why the 'meh?'
i read joel skousen as an honest man performing an honest work.
if i was in the area i would attend just to meet and shake his hand.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Joel's obviously still busy fleecing church members.

forwardtozion
captain of 10

Post by forwardtozion »

i call bull-socks on your claim. joel's countenance is one of honesty, integrity, and of high moral character.

but please enlighten us..
when you say fleecing, do you mean..

fleecing as in knowingly defrauding others?

or

folks thinking the end is near and purchasing one of joel's bunkers?
only to find they run out of money and the end still hasnt come.

Robin Hood wrote:Joel's obviously still busy fleecing church members.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I have to agree with Mirkwood, though I don't see any evidence that Skousen is fleecing church members as Robin accused him of doing.

Listening to his 2016 year end analysis there were several things that just weren't right to me. I don't recall the specifics, but there were several interpretations of events that pushed boundaries of believably. There were also a couple of things that seemed like misrepresentations of recent events.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

brianj wrote:I have to agree with Mirkwood, though I don't see any evidence that Skousen is fleecing church members as Robin accused him of doing.

Listening to his 2016 year end analysis there were several things that just weren't right to me. I don't recall the specifics, but there were several interpretations of events that pushed boundaries of believably. There were also a couple of things that seemed like misrepresentations of recent events.

He has been doing this for many years. I first listened to him almost 20 years ago now on the radio, though don't remember what talk show he regularly guested on. He did this all the time. Once he even changed from one week to the next what he was saying. Do I think he is engaged in priestcraft? Not really. Is he peddling a product based on Armageddon fears...I think so, particularly to the LDS crowd.