Redoubt

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Redoubt

Post by OCDMOM »

http://www.economist.com/news/united-st ... north-west" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Redoubt

Post by brianj »

Rawles proposed the idea of an American Redobut in that region several years ago. Some people are moving to that region for political reasons, escaping anti-freedom laws in states like California and Colorado, and I am all for that idea. Unfortunately a lot of people are moving there out of fear, and to anyone moving to escape the coming tribulations I would say: "Have more faith!"

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

The big negative issue that I see with it, is that a lot of the people moving there are bunkering down and willing to shoot anything that moves into range. If they were willing to work with their neighbors instead of counting how many neighbors, and then counting how many bullets they have, there is no way that liberty could be lost from many like minded people all in the same area. But instead, I read about how the driveways are being sighted in for range, with a kill zone set up before their bunker. - just sad.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

https://youtu.be/dZ7du8JP_eQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Points out problems with isolating yourself vs gathering. I like the points about the Serbian war and army massacres happening in rural areas and the cities actually being safer.

LDS prepper doctrine = store food and water and gather

James Wesley Rawles doctrine = store guns and ammo and isolate yourself

BTW- Rawles is a gadianton and revealed his true allegiance by making an random occult reference to "Ouroboros" in his book "Patriots". Gadiantons hide occult hand signs in speaches and occult references in books as a signature to other initiated. Also, the conspiracy love to give us former CIA who claim they have insider information but have defected over to our side. Rawles is classic controlled oposition.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

davedan wrote:BTW- Rawles is a gadianton and revealed his true allegiance by making an random occult reference to "Ouroboros" in his book "Patriots". Gadiantons hide occult hand signs in speaches and occult references in books as a signature to other initiated.
Agorism has them, too. So does Mormonism. Just saying.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

brianj wrote:Rawles proposed the idea of an American Redobut in that region several years ago. Some people are moving to that region for political reasons, escaping anti-freedom laws in states like California and Colorado, and I am all for that idea. Unfortunately a lot of people are moving there out of fear, and to anyone moving to escape the coming tribulations I would say: "Have more faith!"
Well I saw it on Drudge and wondered about it. I'm glad you have the info on it. Thanks for talking about it.