Sale again at my favorite store!

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Sale again at my favorite store!

Post by Older/wiser? »

I did my loop today ( thru Logan out to Smithfield ) stopped at my favorite store. The
Roast beef slices are buy one get one free that is $1.50 pd. or the sliced smoked pastrami is
Also $1.50 a pd. the corned beef is $30. For a 20 pd. case , they come in 2 pd packages also some other specials. Great to have on hand, freezes well, I break it into 1 pd packages as we can't eat it befor it turn. So call before you go, pick up some on your way to the lake, cause
Hey bolongi costs more and Lowers meats are pretty good. Have a great week

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Re: Sale again at my favorite store!

Post by kennyhs »

Thanks for the tip Older/wiser!

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

Thank you!!
Just went there. Good stuff

Patriot16
captain of 100

Post by Patriot16 »

Older/wiser? wrote:I did my loop today ( thru Logan out to Smithfield ) stopped at my favorite store. The
Roast beef slices are buy one get one free that is $1.50 pd. or the sliced smoked pastrami is
Also $1.50 a pd. the corned beef is $30. For a 20 pd. case , they come in 2 pd packages also some other specials. Great to have on hand, freezes well, I break it into 1 pd packages as we can't eat it befor it turn. So call before you go, pick up some on your way to the lake, cause
Could you please clarify if this is the meat which the Word of Wisdom explicitly says should only be eaten sparingly in winter or during a famine or cold?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Patriot16 wrote:
Older/wiser? wrote:I did my loop today ( thru Logan out to Smithfield ) stopped at my favorite store. The
Could you please clarify if this is the meat which the Word of Wisdom explicitly says should only be eaten sparingly in winter or during a famine or cold.

Merrim-Webster dictionary: Synonym: Sparing, Frugal, Thrigty, Economical
Mean careful in the use of ones money or resources, Sparing:stresses abstention and restraint
Frugal : implies absence of luxury and simplicity of lifestyle and industry ,Thrifty : use of
No renewable resources. Economical stresses prudent management, lack of wastefulness ,
And use of things to their best advantage.

So glad to clarify, if you are interested in being Frugal( or if you have an absence of luxury and desire a simple lifestyle of say sandwhiches) and are trying to be Thrifty (who knows when that paycheck will not be renewable) may I suggest the said above meat that you can
Economically purchase ( now please be prudent in the management of your resources, don't be wasteful and use this resource to its best advantage as in say a family reunion, feeding
Your children a balanced and healthy diet including all that fruit from imported countries
Sprayed with hormones). Lastly please use the above quoted Meat Sparinly! Do not and I repeat please Do not put that whole cow on one or even two Sandwhices, I suggest you place a slice or maybe two on one Sandwhich , now mayonnaise I am not sure of the health benifits
And do try to be frugal, thrifty, economical and eat that cow sparingly or you can place above quoted meat in freezer for upcoming winter, of after the elections in case of famine.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Oh I also forgot to mention say away from Chips and I really think pop is by far more detrimental to you health.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Patriot16 wrote:
Could you please clarify if this is the meat which the Word of Wisdom explicitly says should only be eaten sparingly in winter or during a famine or cold?
#-o

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Patriot16 wrote:Could you please clarify if this is the meat which the Word of Wisdom explicitly says should only be eaten sparingly in winter or during a famine or cold?
Reviewing D&C 89 I find nothing explicitly saying meat should only be eaten sparingly in winter or during a famine or cold. Verse 12 says to eat meat sparingly, The word "sparingly" is a bit ambiguous and I suspect you have a different opinion of what sparingly is than the rest of us.
Verse 13 says it is pleasing to the Lord to only eat meat in times of winter, cold, or famine but does not command us to limit our meat intake to only those times.

That being said, I had a delicious cheeseburger for dinner tonight.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I am a big beef eater myself. A big fan of beef.
I don't think anyone would consider me overweight. My index or whatever that is is excellent.
dc

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Patriot16 wrote:

It's probably the meat that the Lord commanded to be eaten in abundance:

D&C 49
18 And whoso forbiddeth to abstain from meats, that man should not eat the same, is not ordained of God;
19 For, behold, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which cometh of the earth, is ordained for the use of man for food and for raiment, and that he might have in abundance.

:)

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Just thought I'd let any who are interested know lowers in Richmond has a sale again Black forest ham , corned beef and smoked turkey breast (all slices) on sale again buy one get free , your meat works out to $1.50 per pd., the meats are great the sales runs Monday-Fiday the cases are 1/2 off taco meat 10 pd for $17. Call if you want to see the sales for the week 435-258-2449. Now if your on a budget or doing food storage you could dry it, we have a freeze dryer so we freeze dry, it would help those potatoes slices taste pretty good. In case anyone says (like before meat is to be eaten sparingly, or only in times of famine) I say eat the slices sparingly, and dry for times of famine, hey you can't even get bolonga for $ 1.50 pd. and Pepperidge farm's is down the street.