Paris, Texas

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Paris, Texas

Post by Silver »

Hi everyone,
In Joel Skousen's Strategic Relocation, he mentions the area around Paris, TX, as a good retreat location. (For those of you who don't know, Paris is in a county that borders Oklahoma and is northeast of Dallas/Ft. Worth.)

I'm hoping there's a member of the LDS Freedom Forum who is already in the Paris area. If so, please contact me via PM.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Paris, Texas

Post by David13 »

I'm going to mention Paris Idaho, as it is one of my favorites and I think could be a good place for strategic relocation.
dc

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

David13 wrote:I'm going to mention Paris Idaho, as it is one of my favorites and I think could be a good place for strategic relocation.
dc
Get off my thread with this talk of Idaho! Hahaha.

Is there room for me in your Paris, ID, cabin? I will bring my own food and other nice stuff.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I have room at the Inn... Look towards the tabernacle

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Has it got to be called Paris?
If so, why don't we just rename everywhere and we'll all be safe. ;)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Older/wiser? wrote:I have room at the Inn... Look towards the tabernacle
I'm all ears.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Hey silver if you ever needed a place to escape the storms stand in front of the tabernacle look and you will know we're to go for safety...

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

David13 wrote:I'm going to mention Paris Idaho, as it is one of my favorites and I think could be a good place for strategic relocation.
dc
Well, the bear lake monster has to be considered as a danger.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Lake_monster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bear Lake sits next to a fault line so you have the bear lake tsunami to worry about. I day dreamed a large and sudden quake occurred, caused a huuuuge tsunami that took out Paris on the NW and Dingle (best named city) on the NE. Even Montpelier to the far North wasn't saved. I watched it while sitting at the chevron on the hill eating a large raspberry-lime shake. I couldn't see Paris, Dingle or Montpelier from my location, but I saw the lake move north and I saw the monster on a surf board so I knew what happened. Best shake ever. I ordered a second shake and some fries then hopped in my car and drove back to Logan. I was listening to les miserable "I dreamed a dream" so it must be true.

I learned Paris, Idaho isn't a safe relocation place :ymcowboy:

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

One does not just "eat" a large raspberry-lime shake.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Silver wrote:One does not just "eat" a large raspberry-lime shake.
Amen!

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

I had a very similar dream shadow, only I had a cookie with my shake.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Hambooger to go with that cookie shake?
Obama and Liz.jpg
Obama and Liz.jpg (263.62 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

And that ain't nearly all that was wrong with his story, neither.
dc

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote:Hi everyone,
In Joel Skousen's Strategic Relocation, he mentions the area around Paris, TX, as a good retreat location. (For those of you who don't know, Paris is in a county that borders Oklahoma and is northeast of Dallas/Ft. Worth.)

I'm hoping there's a member of the LDS Freedom Forum who is already in the Paris area. If so, please contact me via PM.
This may seem like a silly question, but why consider moving based on what some author says as opposed to praying about where Heavenly Father would have you live?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

David13 wrote:
And that ain't nearly all that was wrong with his story, neither.
dc
Hey, it was my dream and you can't prove it was wrong. Just wait until I write a book about it B-)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote:
Silver wrote:Hi everyone,

This may seem like a silly question, but why consider moving based on what some author says as opposed to praying about where Heavenly Father would have you live?
This may seem like a silly question, but why assume that I have not been praying about that and numerous other things? (Excuse me, ma'am, your slip is showing.)

Bonus silly question: Have you ever considered that Lehi and Nephi and Mormon and Moroni could have been called, in their day, "some author?"

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote:This may seem like a silly question, but why assume that I have not been praying about that and numerous other things? (Excuse me, ma'am, your slip is showing.)

Bonus silly question: Have you ever considered that Lehi and Nephi and Mormon and Moroni could have been called, in their day, "some author?"
1) Your initial post, essentially stating "Joel Skousen says..." implied you were considering the move because Joel Skousen says Lamar County, Texas, and the county seat of Paris are a safe place to move to.

2) No, I don't think any of those individuals would have been called authors. They were never published in their lifetimes.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

I live in the DFW area, and know where Paris, Texas is. I haven't been as far east as that, but all of the cities around here are growing big time and seem to be nice areas to live in. I am not sure if you have ever lived in these parts, but if you do move here just be prepared for tornado warnings, hail storms, etc, which might be alarming at first. We usually don't get any big ones around here though, mainly little F1's.

We are actually in a tornado watch right now, and should be getting some action here in a few hours. That's Springtime in Texas. They say golfball to softball size hail, and scattered tornadoes. :)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote:
Silver wrote:This may seem like a silly question, but why assume that I have not been praying about that and numerous other things? (Excuse me, ma'am, your slip is showing.)

1) Your initial post, essentially stating "Joel Skousen says..." implied you were considering the move because Joel Skousen says Lamar County, Texas, and the county seat of Paris are a safe place to move to.

2) No, I don't think any of those individuals would have been called authors. They were never published in their lifetimes.
OK, following your numbering system then:
1) Yes, and your initial post assumed that I had only read and not prayed. Why would you do that? Is reading not included in the charge to "study it out in (my) mind" before asking the Lord for guidance? Is asking others for opinions before obtaining the Lord's confirmation not allowed?

As a matter of fact, finding my next home has long been a matter of sincere prayer, especially as I plan how to care for an aged father.

2) What do you mean -- like on the Gutenberg press? At what point did Paul become an author? When he wrote his epistles to the Roman, Corinthians, Ephesians, etc? When the recipients of those letters received and read them? When the translators were commissioned in Jacobean England to provide us their version?

There are plenty of evidences in the Book of Mormon that the people and the prophets communicated with each other via methods besides what we now have in that sacred text.