Can you pay your bills?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Can you pay your bills?

Post by Silver »

If so, you are among a shrinking portion of the population.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-2 ... room-visit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If such a large portion of Americans can't even come up with $400 in an emergency, it is time to stop the election process and take a full 360 degree review of what's wrong in this country. Just screaming at each other about candidate (D) vs. candidate (R) is not going to change anything.

It is absolute insanity, this continuance of doing the same old thing and expecting different results.

The elites are going to very happily kill millions of us because eventually, having been robbed of their livelihoods and homes and honor and heritage, the masses will revolt.

I'm not sure how the Lord will protect his righteous followers when that happens. Perhaps many will suffer along with the rest of the citizens of the world. However, I will follow the prophets to increase my chances of survival and to care for my family.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Can you pay your bills?

Post by brianj »

Why can't they come up with $400? I am willing to bet that it has more to do with financial mismanagement than anything else.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote:Why can't they come up with $400? I am willing to bet that it has more to do with financial mismanagement than anything else.
There certainly is a great deal of financial mismanagement in the US. One can also see millions of jobs that have been sent to foreign countries. This phenomenon of striving for temporary low prices versus the wealth building effect of permanent jobs has broken the back of the middle class.

We also have had two or three generations of politicians who have been able to count on the pernicious practice of deficit spending to promise the electorate anything and everything to get elected. And those politicians have given the Free Stuff Army many benefits...just like Frederic Bastiat noted in The Law, but there is no free lunch. The national debt is climbing and the day is coming when not even Congress will be able to come up with $400 because nobody will accept our worthless FRNs.

So, really, there is a financial crisis on an individual level, but what has been allowed to occur on a national level is actually worse.

Which came first, jobs going overseas or 47% of the population not having $400 in a pinch?

Which came first, lying politicians or that same 47%?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Yes I can.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

brianj wrote:Why can't they come up with $400? I am willing to bet that it has more to do with financial mismanagement than anything else.
Debt...100 years worth of accumulated debt...with an ever growing slice of the productive pie to the banks...and the ever gradual but always increasing transfer of ownership of all assets to the banks.

In return for the banks providing a system of credit and a promise of steady growth and prosperity...we've given them everything we own.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I have a money chart for my earnings, and despite all that, most everything I make goes to bills.
But I am a single male in his late 20s so, not that surprising. I get by fine.
I just hope an emergency never comes about :))

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Can you pay my bills?

Post by iWriteStuff »

Elizabeth wrote:Yes I can.
I like where this is going ;) ;) ;)

Jk of course. I think it has a lot to do with accountability. I know MBAs who can't/don't budget and then wonder where the money went. And other family members who are semi pro moochers. No desire to work, always a backup plan on who to mooch from next.... :-\

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

I can pay mine to. I know lots who can't. Principles with a promise (that's what I call it anyway) such a work, thrift, living beneath your means are among the most important ones. Tithing of course for me.....I see sad situations that could be remedied with a few corrections, but people must like not being financially able or they would change. It's not how much you make, it's how much you spend..... my dad's favorite saying!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Perhaps there is a practical application as well as some financial wisdom in this parable regarding spiritual debts.

Matthew 18:
23 ¶Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.