Something Interesting in the Mail

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
pollibird
captain of 100

Something Interesting in the Mail

Post by pollibird »

I don't know who this is from. I tried unsuccessfully to google who WET is. Anybody have an idea? We live in North Logan.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (185.69 KiB) Viewed 3252 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (452.52 KiB) Viewed 3252 times

light-one
captain of 100

Re: Something Interesting in the Mail

Post by light-one »

Go to the Logan Post Office and ask them who holds Bulk Mail Permit #21. It is public information.

Chances are very good that if everyone in your zip code got this mailing, it is bait to sell you something.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

I hope it wasn't a scare tactic designed by Daybell and Rowe to drum up sales for her latest book..but something tells me don't be surprised it it were.

Catherine
captain of 100

Post by Catherine »

DesertWonderer wrote:I hope it wasn't a scare tactic designed by Daybell and Rowe to drum up sales for her latest book..but something tells me don't be surprised it it were.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I don't think so.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Not the best written preparedness letter - but seems sincere. Too unprofessional to be some sales gimmick. Many have had visions and dreams and promptings by the HG and it is our duty to raise the warning voice.
Just about 6 -8 months to October/Nov which is my date for chaos to start.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Spaced_Out wrote:Not the best written preparedness letter - but seems sincere. Too unprofessional to be some sales gimmick. Many have had visions and dreams and promptings by the HG and it is our duty to raise the warning voice.
Just about 6 -8 months to October/Nov which is my date for chaos to start.
Yah, it's called general Presidential election. :D

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Any neighbors with last names ending in W, E, or T, seems to homespun to be to far reaching.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/take-h ... 6a640.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A small excerpt from the article:
The source of the message is unknown. The U.S. Postal Service indicated Friday that the bulk-mailing permit used for the flyer is held by Watkins Printing of Logan, but print shop owner Dennis Watkins told The Herald Journal he is not at liberty to disclose the name of any client he does business with.

Watkins would not speak to a rumor on social media claiming a man entered the shop and paid for the job in cash, asking that he remain anonymous.

“All I can tell you is I printed it, and that’s it,” Watkins said.
Some of the commenters mention an upcoming survival convention in Logan next month, and it being a possible advertisement ploy.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

We received this in the mail and had many of the same questions. We're wondering what follows this in the form of more advertisement.

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

My wife works at the Logan Temple. This morning she said the people there from around the valley also received it.

My theory on it is,

Someone is dissatisfied with the message of temporal preparation from the church leaders.
The last two stake and ward conferences were the usual subjects, not about food storage or end time tribulations.

The person remains anonymous and the bulk mailer will not reveal the name.
I hope it is not an advertising gimmick.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

pollibird wrote:My wife works at the Logan Temple. This morning she said the people there from around the valley also received it.

My theory on it is,

Someone is dissatisfied with the message of temporal preparation from the church leaders.
The last two stake and ward conferences were the usual subjects, not about food storage or end time tribulations.

The person remains anonymous and the bulk mailer will not reveal the name.
I hope it is not an advertising gimmick.
Who cares if it an advertising gimmick or not, it gets the message out and people talking about it. It is not false advertising.
People who fall for such a simple written letter and do something stupid and claim they are members of the true church with the HG, have mental heath issues.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

pollibird wrote:My wife works at the Logan Temple. This morning she said the people there from around the valley also received it.

Spaced_Out wrote:Not the best written preparedness letter - but seems sincere. Too unprofessional to be some sales gimmick. Many have had visions and dreams and promptings by the HG and it is our duty to raise the warning voice.
Yep. It's Daybell, Rowe and Sosa.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

DesertWonderer wrote:

How do you know?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

light-one wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:

How do you know?
Oh,my mistake. I meant to say "Yep. Sounds like it's Daybel, Rowe and Sosa.

Thanks for the catch.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

The warning and caution banner and the yellow paper made me think that it's a more professional job. It could have been the printer who suggested it, though. To me, it feels like Jerusalem circa 610BC. All these warnings. I don't know if this was specifically a concerned person or not, but there are just so many of them. If faith can move a mountain, faith that America will fall can bring it down.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Interesting perspective. I've chosen not to dwell on it myself. I figure it will happen but have no idea when. However, if I'm following the Spirit, I will be where I need to be when I need to be there.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

This is the problem with the whole tent city people. They become obsessed with end times, believe the dreamers I.e. Rowe and associates. And then go way overboard. This flyer is fear mongering at its finest. Have we not received warnings for decades to prepare? Is provident living not enough? Someone spent thousands of dollars on this hysterical flyer. Sad

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Mcox wrote:This is the problem with the whole tent city people. They become obsessed with end times, believe the dreamers I.e. Rowe and associates. And then go way overboard. This flyer is fear mongering at its finest. Have we not received warnings for decades to prepare? Is provident living not enough? Someone spent thousands of dollars on this hysterical flyer. Sad
And the problem with the sad, sad people who refuse to accept that anybody can receive end-times revelation unless they are sustained as a prophet by the church membership is that they are so complacent that they don't bother to put any serious effort or money into following the prophet's counsel. They buy two or three boxes of food, if anything, and call it good. They are so complacent that they need people to waste thousands of dollars sending these fliers to people who won't wake up unless they accept an alarmist warning.

Of course the REAL problem is people with way too much pride on both sides of this issue. People who look down their noses and apply insulting names like "tentite" to people who believe that protection through the tribulations will come in party by gathering, who look at the worst examples of those who believe in this idea and use them as typical examples of believers instead of the extremists they really are. Or people who look down on those who have legitimate and sincere reasons for believing they can live in an area that is prophesied to be destroyed and somehow be spared, convinced those people are too foolish to accept modern revelation.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could discuss the issues respectfully instead of with all the condescension found here and elsewhere the subject comes up?

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

" Tentite" That has a nice ring to it. I like it. Sorry Brianj I am not sure my thoughts met your criteria but here they are.I must observe that I have been hearing about coming destruction for all 62 years I have been a member and my grandfather born in 1893 Use to encourage us to prepare temporally for the coming days of tribulation. When I lived in SLC in the 1950s everyone knew that the earthquakes would begin there and people who built on the east bench would be the first to go. 65 years later we still talking about the same thing in the same terms my ,g,g ,g grandfather did in 150 years ago. Call me skeptical

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

It's an indirect marketing piece for the upcoming survival expo here in Logan next month.
http://www.survivalconvention.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

brianj wrote:
Mcox wrote:This is the problem with the whole tent city people. They become obsessed with end times, believe the dreamers I.e. Rowe and associates. And then go way overboard. This flyer is fear mongering at its finest. Have we not received warnings for decades to prepare? Is provident living not enough? Someone spent thousands of dollars on this hysterical flyer. Sad
And the problem with the sad, sad people who refuse to accept that anybody can receive end-times revelation unless they are sustained as a prophet by the church membership is that they are so complacent that they don't bother to put any serious effort or money into following the prophet's counsel. They buy two or three boxes of food, if anything, and call it good.
Really? You wanna come check out my basement and see how many times you can count to three?

It's not an either/or thing. You don't either A) believe the Prophet and do nothing or B) believe JR and go bonkers. There's a C) Believe the Prophet and counsel of the church and prepare accordingly. For us in Group C, the flyer is ridiculous and unnecessary.
brianj wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could discuss the issues respectfully instead of with all the condescension found here and elsewhere the subject comes up?
Works both ways. Not every one who disbelieves JR is condescending, nor are the JR believers completely innocent of that accusation either. I'd say it cuts both ways. Your comments are a perfect example in this case.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

iWriteStuff wrote:It's not an either/or thing. You don't either A) believe the Prophet and do nothing or B) believe JR and go bonkers. There's a C) Believe the Prophet and counsel of the church and prepare accordingly. For us in Group C, the flyer is ridiculous and unnecessary.
What he said.

Not every one who disbelieves JR is condescending,
Not everyone has to be. It's good there are moderating voices to balance out the sarcastic and condescending ones like me. No, I don't plan to change. I'm intellectually honest enough to see why both sides should exist but exceedingly mad enough to throw out any attempt to exhibit Christlike love to tent city proclaimers.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

iWriteStuff wrote:It's not an either/or thing. You don't either A) believe the Prophet and do nothing or B) believe JR and go bonkers. There's a C) Believe the Prophet and counsel of the church and prepare accordingly. For us in Group C, the flyer is ridiculous and unnecessary.
Are you sure that you aren't forgetting about another option? Isn't there a D) Believe the prophet and counsel of the church but also believe there may be something to so many people claiming similar visions and prepare accordingly. I understand that many Saints living in Nauvoo had dreams or visions of moving west before Brigham Young announced a relocation to the Salt Lake Valley. Was moving to what is now Utah a false doctrine until the moment Young announced it? Of course not! Similarly, some of us believe that people having and sharing visions of what is coming should be expected before another major change.
iWriteStuff wrote:
brianj wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could discuss the issues respectfully instead of with all the condescension found here and elsewhere the subject comes up?
Works both ways. Not every one who disbelieves JR is condescending, nor are the JR believers completely innocent of that accusation either. I'd say it cuts both ways. Your comments are a perfect example in this case.
Yes, my comments are a perfect example. I was sufficiently irritated by *ONE MORE* person telling me that I am "obsessed" and I go "way overboard" that I reacted in kind - hoping to irritate the person who called me obsessive enough to get them to think about my last comment.

If you are going to hold yourself as a typical example of people who don't believe any kind of gathering will ever happen, I will avoid a detailed rebuttal pointing out that a majority of US church members who don't accept that idea of a gathering do not even have a one month food supply. Instead I will invite you to come inspect my house. If you accept, I will even open up my financial records for your review. You will find that I, a typical example of people who believe in a gathering, still have savings. My family didn't buy a mountain top or a cabin in the middle of nowhere. My son still goes to school. And in my house you will find nothing unusual for an LDS family that enjoys camping and target shooting - nothing, that is, other than a 1+ year food supply and a combination of clothing and gear required for cold weather camping.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

brianj wrote: If you are going to hold yourself as a typical example of people who don't believe any kind of gathering will ever happen, I will avoid a detailed rebuttal pointing out that a majority of US church members who don't accept that idea of a gathering do not even have a one month food supply. Instead I will invite you to come inspect my house. If you accept, I will even open up my financial records for your review. You will find that I, a typical example of people who believe in a gathering, still have savings. My family didn't buy a mountain top or a cabin in the middle of nowhere. My son still goes to school. And in my house you will find nothing unusual for an LDS family that enjoys camping and target shooting - nothing, that is, other than a 1+ year food supply and a combination of clothing and gear required for cold weather camping.
Food storage and ample supply of guns and ammo does not a gathering believer make. I have both and consider it a sign of common sense as well as faithful obedience. Whether or not a "gathering" happens, per JR's description, I'm ready for whatever.

And then there are my friends who packed up, sold their homes, and moved to middle-of-nowhere Idaho because JR said the apocalypse was starting soon and they wanted to get a head start. One family filled three trucks with food storage, then two more with their possessions, followed by another trailer full of.... I'm not sure what, really. And this was just one family with two people. Four other families followed suit. They are superheroes in the "tentite" world. But such dedication to end times philosophy deprived our ward of much needed priesthood power and support.

Lift where you stand; Don't stand in a bunker.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

boo wrote:" Tentite" That has a nice ring to it. I like it. Sorry Brianj I am not sure my thoughts met your criteria but here they are.I must observe that I have been hearing about coming destruction for all 62 years I have been a member and my grandfather born in 1893 Use to encourage us to prepare temporally for the coming days of tribulation. When I lived in SLC in the 1950s everyone knew that the earthquakes would begin there and people who built on the east bench would be the first to go. 65 years later we still talking about the same thing in the same terms my ,g,g ,g grandfather did in 150 years ago. Call me skeptical
On the subject of gay marriage, I believe it was Elder Christofferson who said that church members can believe whatever they want. Although gay marriage supporters inside the church immediately plugged their ears after that statement, Elder Christofferson did continue his remarks and clearly stated that it would be wrong of the church to tell us what to believe. All the church leaders can do is teach us true principles and then let us accept or reject those principles.

The point is that you are free to believe whatever you want. I know some church members who would be surprised if the Second Coming doesn't happen by 2020, and I know others who would be surprised if the Second Coming does happen before 3020. If you wish to believe the tribulations prior to the Second Coming will not happen in your lifetime or will not happen at all, that is your business. But I would point out that, regardless of your beliefs, you will be blessed for following the counsel of the prophet to have a food supply even if you don't ever need it.

And I am going to ask people on both sides of the issue to be more respectful toward one another.