Something Interesting in the Mail

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Re: Something Interesting in the Mail

Post by skmo »

brianj wrote:Let me be abundantly clear:
You just called me an idiot and I don't appreciate it. You called me an idiot by telling me that I, as a believer in a gathering, think that people foolish enough to ignore what Julie Rowe counsels and run off to the middle of nowhere are my superheroes.
I wouldn't call them superheroes, but persons to admire, at the least.
Try listening to what Julie Rowe has to say....
PLEASE STOP BEING SO INSULTING!
You might be confusing iwrite with me. I make no bones about insults about followers and disciples of people who preach doom and gloom.
She has publicly, repeatedly stated that people should not run off and hide
Yup. One of the best ways DaG people use to try to convince people of how worthy they are to listen to is to present their credentials, paste reasonable words to ensure the masses that they are "common sense" people, then paint over it with a message of fear.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Re: Something Interesting in the Mail

Post by skmo »

brianj wrote:Let me be abundantly clear:
You just called me an idiot and I don't appreciate it.
Let me be clear as well: You're putting words into his mouth. You have an opinion. He has an opinion. Both may express their feelings. If you're offended because he said something directly about you then report it. If you're offended because he expressed his opinion and it stepped on your beliefs, maybe you should consider developing thicker skin. If you believe he's right and you're being made a fool, maybe figure out how to change yourself. If you believe he's wrong, how are you harmed? Present your beliefs (as you did well later on) and be done with it. You have absolutely no right to be free of offensive ideas of others in a public discussion, only the right to prove why you're right and teach others or learn why you're wrong and decide if you want to change.

Being politically correct is not a requirement here, as far as I know. Being polite is, and if someone directly attacks you (as in if I tell iwrite he's a blathering idiot) then that post should be reported to a mod so the appropriate action can be made. However, I don't see anywhere he, or I, for that matter, called you an idiot.