Horrifying thought...

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
capctr
captain of 100

Horrifying thought...

Post by capctr »

As the only stay-at-home dad in my ward/neighborhood-if there is some kind of natural disaster/nuclear stike that somehow either eliminates the men out at work, or prevents them from getting home for a few weeks-does that mean I get stuck doing ALL the home teaching? @-) LOL!

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Horrifying thought...

Post by brianj »

I'm the only stay at home father I know of in my ward, and therefore the only guy in the ward who sometimes wants whomever invented telecommuting up against the wall with a blindfold and a cigarette.

Here's a scarier thought for you: If some terrorist attack or natural disaster kills the men working downtown, does polygamy come back?

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

brianj wrote:I'm the only stay at home father I know of in my ward, and therefore the only guy in the ward who sometimes wants whomever invented telecommuting up against the wall with a blindfold and a cigarette.

Here's a scarier thought for you: If some terrorist attack or natural disaster kills the men working downtown, does polygamy come back?
...you just had to go there, didn't you? I was trying to be funny, and you had to go put the horror in horrifying :)) !

I can't imagine it would, as if something so monumental did occurr that had such results, the effort just to survive would derail such thoughts.
But-it's not REALLY possible-right?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

capctr wrote:As the only stay-at-home dad in my ward/neighborhood-if there is some kind of natural disaster/nuclear stike that somehow either eliminates the men out at work, or prevents them from getting home for a few weeks-does that mean I get stuck doing ALL the home teaching? @-) LOL!
That's going to be a busy last day of the month.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

How did you know? Can't help it, I'm big on home teaching in the last days(of every month)!

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

capctr wrote:But-it's not REALLY possible-right?
I once told a Bishop I could obey the law of plural marriage, or I could obey the Word of Wisdom, but not both!

And I have to say you guys are far more dedicated home teachers than me. I can't bring myself to go home teaching on Halloween or New Years Eve.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

capctr wrote:How did you know? Can't help it, I'm big on home teaching in the last days(of every month)!
Home teaching.jpg
Home teaching.jpg (19.36 KiB) Viewed 2058 times

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

2 Nephi 14 v 1 And in that day, seven women shall take hold of one man, saying We will eat our own bread , and wear our own apparel, only let us be called by thy name to take away our reproach... So after the war it sounds like to me any who are left get to live , dare I say
The word plural marriage..
Symbolic meaning 7 to 1 always represence the Bride and Groom relationship..or the
Church to Christ..so many layers here..I find it interesting

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

Doesnt reproach mean childless? All the women in my ward have children, and can therefor raise up a righteous generation with any input from me. So even in a worst case zombie apocalypse scenario, I should be "safe", and therefor, have at least one thing to be grateful forLOL! :))

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

capctr wrote:Doesnt reproach mean childless? All the women in my ward have children, and can therefor raise up a righteous generation with any input from me. So even in a worst case zombie apocalypse scenario, I should be "safe", and therefor, have at least one thing to be grateful forLOL! :))
Sorry, but I don't think you are safe. When you look at the footnote for reproach in 2 Ne 14, you are directed to the topical guide, where among others you are told to see shame. I anticipate this will mean women who are never-married single mothers, or women who aren't virgins. These women will seek redemption or an escape from the shame of their past, once they have come to accept the gospel, by seeking the legitimacy of a husband and a father for their children.

Then again, the footnote for reproach in Isaiah 4:1 references the stigma of being unmarried and childless. In that case I don't think it will apply to faithful, lifelong church members. It will mean women who have been deceived into believing that motherhood is a way to enslave women, or other lies of modern feminism, but who have come to know the truths of the gospel.

Either way, I expect that six of those seven women will not be faithful church members prior to the coming tribulations. So don't get comfortable where you are!

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

:-ss As long as none of them are Kate Kelley =))