Surrender Guns or Not?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.

Would you surrender your guns if required by govt?

Yes
12%
No
76%
Just the ammo - one bullet at a time, sent at high velocity
12%

Total votes: 41
larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Surrender Guns or Not?

Post by larsenb »

Deleted
Last edited by larsenb on March 21st, 2016, 1:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

Jason wrote:
larsenb wrote:
brianj wrote:
larsenb wrote:Only 4 lonely people have voted for: "Only the ammo; one bullet at a time; and at high velocity"??!! That truly amazes me. Step out people, get serious about this. They're circling the wagons. :ymcowboy:
I disagree with that position. Anybody who tries that will go the way of LaVoy Fincum.

If government attempts to seize weapons and ammo, I would not hesitate to cache my collection somewhere safe, so I can retrieve them either when we are invited to gather out of this region or when government and law enforcement collapse.

I believe that one reason for the story of the Stripling Warriors in the Book of Alma is that one day a modern regiment of Stripling Warriors will overthrow the remnants of our corrupt government and help restore the Constitution. Just as the Nephite army was coming close to defeat before the Stripling Warriors helped them win the war, the US military will be close to collapse when modern Stripling Warriors help bring a victory. Until the time is right for the Elders to rise up, I will not openly rebel against my corrupt government.
I think the question of whether you would or would not surrender your guns, begs the further question as to exactly how the government would go about enforcing such an edict.

If the government, decided to go door-to-door to force compliance, how would you handle it then? Especially if they had already passed a ‘law’ or issued an executive order making gun owners criminal if they did not turn in their guns by a certain date.

Even if you had surrendered your guns before that date, the government might think you just gave them your expendable or throw-away gun(s).
Going further, let’s say they made it known that they were doing random but very thorough searches of homes as they went door-to-door.

Now, at this point, if you tell them “no, I have no guns”, or you are on their list as having turned in your guns, but they still find guns in a random but thorough search of your home and property, they could arrest you on the spot and haul you away to a detention camp for further ‘rendering’ because you not only broke the ‘law’, but you lied about it. And if the tyranny had progressed far enough, maybe they would shoot you on the spot, etc.

This kind of scenario would drastically narrow your options to: 1) turning in ALL your guns before the deadline; or 2) resisting when they finally came to your home, unless you were willing to take the chance your home and property would not be searched.

Remember what Solzhenitsyn said about this kind of scenario: if enough families had resisted when Soviet government thugs came to their doors in the early morning hours, they could have turned the whole thing around. There wouldn’t be enough thugs available to enforce these home invasions, if they had met resistance and losses at almost every household they tried to violate.
define "gun"....
Well, according to our out-of-control tyrannical government, it can be a pop tart:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/02/secon ... ike-a-gun/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or even a chicken nugget:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 6156&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=)) ..................../:) X(

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

iWriteStuff wrote:
lundbaek wrote:I continually find new Americans who I think evidence enough righteousness and vigilance that they could make great contributions toward restoration of constitutional principles to government. And I look to the "cleansing of America" to eliminate most if not all of those who are contributing to the destruction of America at the present time. Here in Arizona I find vigilance in members of the s of the John Birch Society, the Tea Party groups, the Constitution in the Classroom program, and the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association.. And I' m confident there are others as well.
Well, that's AZ for you. Still got some strong Wild West elements down there. I served my mission there way back in the day and it had an "anything can happen" feel to it even then. Now I'm in Colorado where we are giving up high cap magazines while embracing weed. Even in the conservative areas of the state we are being outnumbered by liberals moving here from California.
You have some idea what it feels like here amongst this sea of sick fruit cakes.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

lundbaek wrote:I continually find new Americans who I think evidence enough righteousness and vigilance that they could make great contributions toward restoration of constitutional principles to government. And I look to the "cleansing of America" to eliminate most if not all of those who are contributing to the destruction of America at the present time. Here in Arizona I find vigilance in members of the s of the John Birch Society, the Tea Party groups, the Constitution in the Classroom program, and the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association.. And I' m confident there are others as well.

I think I want to move to Utah, but I may just want to move to Arizona.
That sounds pretty good. Your house would be burned down if you even proposed those things here.
I have also lately heard some good things from Missiouri, Virginia, West Virginia and a few other places, as well.
You are right, there may be hope yet.
dc

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

larsenb wrote:
Jason wrote: define "gun"....
Heck, I dunno. Maybe all the way from high-powered air guns up to quad fifties, LAWS, and mortars. Or are you thinking of: "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for killing the other for [fill in the blank]".
larsenb wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:
Depends on who you're asking.... To me, this guy looks dangerous. :-o
State Leo.JPG
And if this LEO came to my door there'd be no question about resisting. ;)
If they are at your door....its too late!!!

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

David13 wrote:

I think I want to move to Utah, but I may just want to move to Arizona.
That sounds pretty good. Your house would be burned down if you even proposed those things here.
I have also lately heard some good things from Missiouri, Virginia, West Virginia and a few other places, as well.
You are right, there may be hope yet.
dc
bite the big one and try Wyoming, Montana, South/North Dakota...

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I certainly like Wyoming and Montana, but I'm most concerned about the weather, and also having nice winter access by motorcycle or truck to Mexico.
And warmer southern weather.
Like maybe St George with a summer cabin in the woods in southern Utah at higher elevation.
Woods, or small town, or farm area, just rural area.
dc

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

iWriteStuff wrote:
Well, that's AZ for you. Still got some strong Wild West elements down there. I served my mission there way back in the day and it had an "anything can happen" feel to it even then. Now I'm in Colorado where we are giving up high cap magazines while embracing weed. Even in the conservative areas of the state we are being outnumbered by liberals moving here from California.
Just don't allow the PC crowd to become boss. This is one thing Lavoy Finicum was all about. When we give up our freedom so others can have a different set of values not associated with the Constitution, then we have no freedom, rather, we crawl around with our face in the dirt at their will. Those giving up their high cap magazines are at the mercy of those taking away their rights. Unless people stand up to tyranny slavery will takeover. Then see how well this kind of life will be received. Or is it what people want these days?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Adonai wrote:He who liveth by the sword shall die by the sword. This is not a time for ye to take up arms of man but to be of faith and follow God willing to lay down your life and endure any suffering for your faith in Christ. For I warn you that if you kill another using thy weapons to preserve your flesh and it was not by direct revelation that has no doubt, you have put yourself into the hands of Satan to be bound below. And ye shall not come forth in the first resurrection but be part of a later one and are at risk of the lake of fire judgement.

The wise would lay down their weapons just as is written the Alma 24

19 And thus we see that, when these Lamanites were brought to believe and to know the truth, they were firm, and would suffer even unto death rather than commit sin; and thus we see that they buried their weapons of peace, or they buried the weapons of war, for peace.

20 And it came to pass that their brethren, the Lamanites, made preparations for war, and came up to the land of Nephi for the purpose of destroying the king, and to place another in his stead, and also of destroying the people of Anti-Nephi-Lehi out of the land.

21 Now when the people saw that they were coming against them they went out to meet them, and prostrated themselves before them to the earth, and began to call on the name of the Lord; and thus they were in this attitude when the Lamanites began to fall upon them, and began to slay them with the sword.

22 And thus without meeting any resistance, they did slay a thousand and five of them; and we know that they are blessed, for they have gone to dwell with their God.

23 Now when the Lamanites saw that their brethren would not flee from the sword, neither would they turn aside to the right hand or to the left, but that they would lie down and perish, and praised God even in the very act of perishing under the sword—

24 Now when the Lamanites saw this they did forbear from slaying them; and there were many whose hearts had swollen in them for those of their brethren who had fallen under the sword, for they repented of the things which they had done.

25 And it came to pass that they threw down their weapons of war, and they would not take them again, for they were stung for the murders which they had committed; and they came down even as their brethren, relying upon the mercies of those whose arms were lifted to slay them.

26 And it came to pass that the people of God were joined that day by more than the number who had been slain; and those who had been slain were righteous people, therefore we have no reason to doubt but what they were saved.

Heed this warning if you care about your soul and that of your family, for I testify these words are the truth and it is serious sin to kill another human. Let ye who has many arms go now and destroy them and lift them never again, for it is Satan way to kill to murder not Gods follow ye if seek the higher kingdom the way of Christ, which is to lay down as a lamb.
This whole analogy is used out of context. Please add the reason why these people gave up using weapons.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

freedomforall wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:
Just don't allow the PC crowd to become boss. This is one thing Lavoy Finicum was all about. When we give up our freedom so others can have a different set of values not associated with the Constitution, then we have no freedom, rather, we crawl around with our face in the dirt at their will. Those giving up their high cap magazines are at the mercy of those taking away their rights. Unless people stand up to tyranny slavery will takeover. Then see how well this kind of life will be received. Or is it what people want these days?
Honestly the only effect of the new law was to make it harder to get them. If you had them before, you had them grandfathered in. So most people still have their high cap mags. They were selling like hot cakes the day before it went into effect, speaking as one who picked up waaaaay more than he needed :-$

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianj wrote:
Adonai wrote:He who liveth by the sword shall die by the sword. This is not a time for ye to take up arms of man but to be of faith and follow God willing to lay down your life and endure any suffering for your faith in Christ. For I warn you that if you kill another using thy weapons to preserve your flesh and it was not by direct revelation that has no doubt, you have put yourself into the hands of Satan to be bound below. And ye shall not come forth in the first resurrection but be part of a later one and are at risk of the lake of fire judgement.

The wise would lay down their weapons just as is written the Alma 24

(snip)

Heed this warning if you care about your soul and that of your family, for I testify these words are the truth and it is serious sin to kill another human. Let ye who has many arms go now and destroy them and lift them never again, for it is Satan way to kill to murder not Gods follow ye if seek the higher kingdom the way of Christ, which is to lay down as a lamb.
Let me point out that the Anti-Nephi-Lehis took an oath that probably no church member today had taken - an oath to never kill again, even in self defense. And look at what happened after they took that oath: They provided all the support they could do the military an Nephites fought on their behalf. Later, when their children were old enough, they sent their own children to war! The example from Alma 24 is for those who commit great sin but eventually come to a knowledge of the truth and repent.

You might condemn Nephi for committing premeditated murder, or the many military leaders among the Nephites for defending the Nephite nation, but I will never condemn anybody who kills in self defense or the defense of others.
I agree.
Was Orrin Porter Rockwell a condemned man?
He killed more outlaws than Wyatt Earp, Doc Holladay, Tom Horn, and Bat Masterson combined. He was a faithful LDS and loved Presidents Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. Also, after hearing Rockwell’s story, Joseph Smith made a Samson-like prophecy: as long as Rockwell did not cut his hair and remained faithful to the Gospel, his enemies could never touch him.

Porter Rockwell: 7 Unbelievable Facts and Stories You Didn't Know

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

larsenb wrote:
brianj wrote:
larsenb wrote:Only 4 lonely people have voted for: "Only the ammo; one bullet at a time; and at high velocity"??!! That truly amazes me. Step out people, get serious about this. They're circling the wagons. :ymcowboy:
I disagree with that position. Anybody who tries that will go the way of LaVoy Fincum.

If government attempts to seize weapons and ammo, I would not hesitate to cache my collection somewhere safe, so I can retrieve them either when we are invited to gather out of this region or when government and law enforcement collapse.

I believe that one reason for the story of the Stripling Warriors in the Book of Alma is that one day a modern regiment of Stripling Warriors will overthrow the remnants of our corrupt government and help restore the Constitution. Just as the Nephite army was coming close to defeat before the Stripling Warriors helped them win the war, the US military will be close to collapse when modern Stripling Warriors help bring a victory. Until the time is right for the Elders to rise up, I will not openly rebel against my corrupt government.
I think the question of whether you would or would not surrender your guns, begs the further question as to exactly how the government would go about enforcing such an edict.

If the government, decided to go door-to-door to force compliance, how would you handle it then? Especially if they had already passed a ‘law’ or issued an executive order making gun owners criminal if they did not turn in their guns by a certain date.

Even if you had surrendered your guns before that date, the government might think you just gave them your expendable or throw-away gun(s).
Going further, let’s say they made it known that they were doing random but very thorough searches of homes and properties as they went door-to-door.

Now, at this point, if you tell them “no, I have no guns”, or you are on their list as having turned in your guns, but they still find guns in a random but thorough search of your home and property, they could arrest you on the spot and haul you away to a detention camp for further ‘rendering’ because you not only broke the ‘law’, but you lied about it. And if the tyranny had progressed far enough, maybe they would shoot you on the spot, etc.

This kind of scenario would drastically narrow your options to: 1) turning in ALL your guns before the deadline; or 2) resisting when they finally came to your home, unless you were willing to take the chance your home and property would not be searched.

Remember what Solzhenitsyn said about this kind of scenario: if enough families had resisted when Soviet government thugs came to their doors in the early morning hours, they could have turned the whole thing around. There wouldn’t be enough thugs available to enforce these home invasions, if they had met resistance and losses at almost every household they tried to violate.
What do you think neighborhood watch is for? Why not install a loud siren for such a warning. Plus, some people do live in areas where the Sheriff will be the first line of defense against this. They have the right to arrest those unlawful Fed officers. If the Sheriff's office is not going to defend them then it is up to the citizens as was the case in Bend Oregon. But the intimidation got the better of the locals. This is what the government thrives on, intimidation and lies.

Adonai
captain of 100

Post by Adonai »

Some who have served God also went to the underworld for a time, to come forth in the first resurrection even the two witnesses who will hold the power of God and display it in last days upon the nations will for a short time enter into the underworld and it is with purpose that such will remain unsaid until things are completed.

I am simply going to state this if you take life of another human willingly you must descend into hades a time even if redeemed and saved, some even who have murdered must enter the lake of fire for a portion of time, some things the atonement does not cover. I am simply telling you if you want to avoid the lower dimensions of underworld the best path for you to take is to not lift the sword for you are putting yourself at risk of it, only if it was commanded of God and justified is such aloud but even then God will suffer one of his servants to fall below a time knowing their redemption is in his Son which he also suffered to descend below all. The circumstances in which God will allow a man to kill a man is rare, and is a mystery in itself that mankind are not meant to focus on, the wise of man will follow the commandments.

Some souls since the beginning just like the Son of God have chosen to fall into Hell for sake of serving God, this mystery is revealed at the ending. Not all those counted as righteous rested in Abraham's Bosom some continued a work below in kingdom of hades. It is not for mankind to judge them and is why mankind is told do not judge.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

David13 wrote:I certainly like Wyoming and Montana, but I'm most concerned about the weather, and also having nice winter access by motorcycle or truck to Mexico.
And warmer southern weather.
Like maybe St George with a summer cabin in the woods in southern Utah at higher elevation.
Woods, or small town, or farm area, just rural area.
dc
Why in the world would you want access to Mexico...that's quickly becoming (if not already) a no man's land. I have some friends from the polygamous colonies down there that say its ok...only the druggies killing druggies. But I also know of several different people (several natives and several who aren't) who have either been kidnapped or robbed or both...and will never go back (at least with their families). Of course I have and would take much greater risks w/o wife and children to provide/protect/etc.

Cold builds character...at least that's what the North Dakotan's tell me...

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I'd like to think I already have enough "character". But who knows.
As to Mexico, it sounds to me llike you have been watching to much mainstream media.
You can get robbed here, I think everyone has been robbed and burglarized right here. And I know the mainstream media portrays Mexico as some slaughter room or killing fields. Sure there is crime and sure you need to watch it, just like here.
But the access is for warm weather in the winter and a change of scenery. Andd sure, it's necessary to follow a lot of rules to less the criminal risk, just like I do here.
dc

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Deleted
Last edited by larsenb on March 21st, 2016, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

larsenb wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
larsenb wrote: . . . . . . . Remember what Solzhenitsyn said about this kind of scenario: if enough families had resisted when Soviet government thugs came to their doors in the early morning hours, they could have turned the whole thing around. There wouldn’t be enough thugs available to enforce these home invasions, if they had met resistance and losses at almost every household they tried to violate.
What do you think neighborhood watch is for? Why not install a loud siren for such a warning. Plus, some people do live in areas where the Sheriff will be the first line of defense against this. They have the right to arrest those unlawful Fed officers. If the Sheriff's office is not going to defend them then it is up to the citizens as was the case in Bend Oregon. But the intimidation got the better of the locals. This is what the government thrives on, intimidation and lies.
Banding together is good if it can be arranged. But probably fewer people from your neighborhood would join you in going up against the government. And its iffy if you could get your particular Sheriff to protect you, for the same reason . . . especially if the Fed mercs come at you at 4:00 in the morning.
For this reason I suggest neighborhood watch. Maybe a camera could be installed at specified locations so unusual vehicles can be spotted before the raid begins. Military uses all kinds of defensive tactics in order to spot unwanted intruders. Awareness and prevention is much better than being caught with one's pants down, so to speak. I wonder if something is better than nothing.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

larsenb wrote:This kind of scenario would drastically narrow your options to: 1) turning in ALL your guns before the deadline; or 2) resisting when they finally came to your home, unless you were willing to take the chance your home and property would not be searched.
I will bite. Why are those the only two options?

I previously mentioned caching weapons and ammo off site, for extraction when the time was right. Heck, I could put a small cache in my backyard. I could dig next to the concrete pad the Jacuzzi is on, then dig behind the electric conduit and water pipe. The cache would be directly underneath the Jacuzzi, with the metal of the water pipe and the power line between a pair of pistols and 500 rounds of ammo so it wouldn't be likely to be discovered even with a metal detector.

A cache buried under the vegetable garden would only be found by somebody using a metal detector.

Will they be bringing technology that looks through walls? If not, I could punch a hole in a wall, put rifles and .30 cal ammo cans between the wallboard panels, and patch the hole.

What about looking through floors? I could go into the crawl space below the house, use nylon straps and a staple gun to attach items to the bottom side of the floor, above the insulation.

The safest choice is probably a small cache buried in the backyard, in a way that protects from using a metal detector, in combination with one or more larger caches off site. Unless you have a large piece of property, in which case on-site caches are just as reasonable.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Deleted
Last edited by larsenb on March 21st, 2016, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

larsenb wrote:
brianj wrote:
larsenb wrote:This kind of scenario would drastically narrow your options to: 1) turning in ALL your guns before the deadline; or 2) resisting when they finally came to your home, unless you were willing to take the chance your home and property would not be searched.

I previously mentioned caching weapons and ammo off site, for extraction when the time was right. Heck, I could put a small cache in my backyard. I could dig next to the concrete pad the Jacuzzi is on, then dig behind the electric conduit and water pipe. The cache would be directly underneath the Jacuzzi, with the metal of the water pipe and the power line between a pair of pistols and 500 rounds of ammo so it wouldn't be likely to be discovered even with a metal detector.

A cache buried under the vegetable garden would only be found by somebody using a metal detector.

Will they be bringing technology that looks through walls? If not, I could punch a hole in a wall, put rifles and .30 cal ammo cans between the wallboard panels, and patch the hole.

What about looking through floors? I could go into the crawl space below the house, use nylon straps and a staple gun to attach items to the bottom side of the floor, above the insulation.

The safest choice is probably a small cache buried in the backyard, in a way that protects from using a metal detector, in combination with one or more larger caches off site. Unless you have a large piece of property, in which case on-site caches are just as reasonable.
Good options for hiding your arms cache(s). However, that also means you are willing to risk them being found and perhaps suffering the added penalty if they are found.

However, if there was a general search going on in your environs, you would probably hear how it was being done and what detection instruments were being used, and could therefore better assess the risk of your cache being found and better, what the best concealment would be.
As long as we're using our imaginations, which branch of the military/law enforcement are we supposing is running the confiscation? And how much time do they have to go house to house? I would imagine that they would be rather strapped for resources in some of the more densely populated areas.... and less interested in the rural areas. Or do I have that backwards?

I've got some of my best stuff hidden in plain sight, but with an unfinished back yard I have given plenty of thought to concealment strategies too.... Still working on options.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

brianj wrote:

Worked for previous company that was engaged in looking through 6 ft of concrete and imaging folks.

Ever hear of Darpa's Transparent Earth program? They want to see 50 m deep across the entire planet. Technologies are in place to do that. Resolution isn't quite where they want it to be...but that's always a moving target.

But it will likely take a couple decades for that to get down to local law enforcement...

Economy will crash first....I'm more scared of debt than I am of about anything else at the moment. I don't believe they'll make it to the gun confiscation point and will lose control first....people are too wicked. Like trying to herd a flock of chickens and some cats....

Besides...Paul Revere wouldn't even make it out of the pub before JADE II software picked up his cell phone call and sent in an interception team. Monitoring him for years based on key words picked up in his online commentary on an obscure religious fanactic website called LDS Freedom Forum. Based on online credit card purchases they anticipate he'll be armed with .40 Glock. Between satellite and drone imagery, medical records, employment records, purchasing history, and other data sources (internet history, phone records, etc) used for profiling they can anticipate nearly every move/thought/response.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38148&p=619146&hili ... le#p619146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rave Mobile Safety, a provider of software safety solutions and Smart911, is recognizing National Public Safety Telecommunications Week, which recognizes telecommunicators and their role serving as a vital link between citizens and public safety services. Smart911 enables public safety telecommunicators to thrive in their role by providing them with vital, life saving citizen information. With Smart911, citizens enter personal information online, which is then automatically available to a 9-1-1 call taker. The additional data provided is far more extensive than what is typically available to a 9-1-1 telecommunicator, and can include information about health, disabilities, family members or pets, and a home address affiliated with a cell phone number. The information provided by Smart911, combined with skilled public safety telecommunicators, can dramatically improve emergency outcomes.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/04/prweb5243894.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A new technology hub for the Fresno Police Department that will control a variety of high-tech gadgets and software was revealed Tuesday by Police Chief Jerry Dyer. Real Time Crime Center is a privately funded computer system designed to monitor the network of cameras and sensors throughout Fresno. The center will field all 911 calls, and it gives officers access to any city camera — including police body and dash cameras and new traffic cameras. It officially went into 24-hour use on Tuesday.

The database goes through all public information for the call’s location — from arrest records to pizza deliveries — and gives the address a rating. Green means minimal threat, yellow a possible threat and red a major threat. This is all done in a few seconds. The system shows officers three pieces of data: the threat level, the criminal history of anyone living at the home and a list of known friends and family members. This list sometimes includes possible phone numbers and addresses of these associates. Dyer said this is useful in case police are looking to contact someone locked in a home, notify family members of an injured person or locate a suspect.
http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/cri ... 71756.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Jason on March 16th, 2016, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

iWriteStuff wrote:As long as we're using our imaginations, which branch of the military/law enforcement are we supposing is running the confiscation? And how much time do they have to go house to house? I would imagine that they would be rather strapped for resources in some of the more densely populated areas.... and less interested in the rural areas. Or do I have that backwards?

I've got some of my best stuff hidden in plain sight, but with an unfinished back yard I have given plenty of thought to concealment strategies too.... Still working on options.
If unconstitutional door-to-door search and seizure actions were taken, I would expect teams of LEOs created just for that purpose to take place. And it doesn't matter a whole lot who they are - threaten them with termination for refusal, or legal charges for disregarding their orders, and most will fall in line even if their conscience tells them not to participate.

And I think you have it backwards. The goal of gun confiscation is not really to make anybody safer but to force more dependence on the government so people will want to give the government even more authority to control them. Searches are very unlikely to happen in high crime neighborhoods. They will start with rural areas, where people can live independently and don't want to lose their freedoms in an attempt to force those people to accept ever increasing government control over their lives.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

brianj wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:As long as we're using our imaginations, which branch of the military/law enforcement are we supposing is running the confiscation? And how much time do they have to go house to house? I would imagine that they would be rather strapped for resources in some of the more densely populated areas.... and less interested in the rural areas. Or do I have that backwards?

If unconstitutional door-to-door search and seizure actions were taken, I would expect teams of LEOs created just for that purpose to take place. And it doesn't matter a whole lot who they are - threaten them with termination for refusal, or legal charges for disregarding their orders, and most will fall in line even if their conscience tells them not to participate.

And I think you have it backwards. The goal of gun confiscation is not really to make anybody safer but to force more dependence on the government so people will want to give the government even more authority to control them. Searches are very unlikely to happen in high crime neighborhoods. They will start with rural areas, where people can live independently and don't want to lose their freedoms in an attempt to force those people to accept ever increasing government control over their lives.
Well said....all about power and control. From the beginning...if not eternal battle.