Backyard Liberty by Alec Deacon, including a word from him.

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
CaseyWatts
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Backyard Liberty by Alec Deacon

Post by CaseyWatts »

LesliePOV wrote:I wonder, considering the AC requirements of the submersible recirculation pump if a 1' x 3' solar panels, (I think my panel is only 35watts) marine storage battery, and a tiny inverter would be enough to power the system pump only?

fascinating. will get back to watching the instructional video... BTW these IBC's (Intermediate Bulk Containers) with tanks and aluminum frames we always called 275gallon 'totes' or 'mini-bulks'.

Our other priority issue during a power outage during in peak summertime in SW Desert is keeping ourselves cool. We are normally running the Evap coolers which we use for summer temps up to 103-109 unless humid and for which we have portable power generation. Assuming I actually got the generator in a sound-insulated enclosure inside the tin shed and a car sized muffler on it-- keep it in garage? hmmm... actually someone (a handy neighbor) from our previous neighborhood was saying how you could bury a plastic 55 gallon drum to run the exhaust into it having fabricated baffles inside for extra quiet? rather dense living here where we are in blue-collar master-planned HOA-ville. I can see 5 backyards from our 2nd story window. and they can see most of mine as well. Harder to be discrete and unnoticed... in such dense residential
'digs'.
I am really not sure about how effective is solar power system..It is bit too expensive so is it really worth or not?