Gun nuts only

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Gun nuts only

Post by bobhenstra »

Was looking at the price of .22 shells yesterday, Wow! I have a .380, I can load my .380 cheaper than 22 shells cost. I pour my own 100 grain bullets, 3.2 grains of Bullseye and a Wolf small pistol or rifle primer for about 4 cents a round. It's something to do in these cold winters. When warmer weather finally arrives I'll have plenty of plinking and training rounds to help my grandkids learn to shoot. I haven't been able to crono these yet, but I suspect right around 1000fps. Slower than the average LR, but a much bigger bullet!

My .380 is a Bersa thunder plus, 15 rd mag. Need to buy more mags, but then that's what we gun nuts do, reload, punch holes and break things---and buy more things! Nice hobby to have, fun!

"Delivers a punch like a brick through a plate glass window" Q.

Bob

RaVaN
captain of 100

Post by RaVaN »

You really just have to keep an eye on the sellers, specifically just finding out when they get supplied. We haven't paid more than 5 cents a round since this dearth of .22lr got started.

M249Gunner
captain of 100

Post by M249Gunner »

I've been plinking with 7.62x54. It is still readily available. And it delivers a punch like a boulder through a plate glass window.; -)

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Lol, not a pistol---

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

127 A little Gun History Lesson:

* In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From
1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend
themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

* In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to
1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves,
were rounded up and exterminated.

* Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to
1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable
to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

* China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952,
20 million political dissidents, unable to defend

* Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to
1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves,
were rounded up and exterminated.

* Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to
1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were
rounded up and exterminated.

* Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to
1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend

* Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the
20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning
against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens
ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists,
despots or oppressive majorities.

Daniel Schmutter (b. 1964)

128 Before Adolf Hitler came to power, there was a black market
in firearms, but the German people had been so conditioned
to be law abiding that they would never consider buying an
unregistered gun. The German people really believed that
only hoodlums own guns. What fools we were. It truly
frightens me to see how the government, media and some
police groups in America are pushing for the same mindset.

Theodore Haas (b. 1917)

129 At Waco, was there really an urgency to get those people
out of the compound at that particular time? Was the press
going to make it look heroic for the Bureau of Alcohol,
Tobacco, and Firearms?
At Ruby Ridge, there was one guy in a cabin at the top of
the mountain. Was it necessary for federal agents to go up
there and shoot a 14-year-old in the back and shoot a woman
with a child in her arms? What kind of mentality does that?

Clint Eastwood (b. 1930)
Parade Magazine, 01/12/97

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

bobhenstra wrote:Was looking at the price of .22 shells yesterday, Wow! I have a .380, I can load my .380 cheaper than 22 shells cost. I pour my own 100 grain bullets, 3.2 grains of Bullseye and a Wolf small pistol or rifle primer for about 4 cents a round. It's something to do in these cold winters. When warmer weather finally arrives I'll have plenty of plinking and training rounds to help my grandkids learn to shoot. I haven't been able to crono these yet, but I suspect right around 1000fps. Slower than the average LR, but a much bigger bullet!

My .380 is a Bersa thunder plus, 15 rd mag. Need to buy more mags, but then that's what we gun nuts do, reload, punch holes and break things---and buy more things! Nice hobby to have, fun!

"Delivers a punch like a brick through a plate glass window" Q.

Bob
Amen. I have been in love with my 300 BLK. I cast 230 gr lead bullets and load them over 1680 powder to about 1100 FPS. Cheap to load/shoot and I don't even have to wear hearing protection with the suppressor.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipRpsmKGlrE#t=147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/americ ... hts.htm#s3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Look for the following links:
The Second Amendment: Text, Origins, and Meaning
How Should the Second Amendment Be Interpreted?
Profile of the National Rifle Association (NRA)
Two Interpretations of the Second Amendment
Gun Control After the Virginia Tech Tragedy
Cesare Beccaria on the Right to Bear Arms

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Early BB gun!

Post by bobhenstra »

http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/thread/1296928404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Here's one way to get some shooting practice in:
abnormally-large-spider1.jpg

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/animal ... Spider.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

STEVEN SEAGAL on GUN RIGHTS! He believes most shootings and stuff are engineered, spoken at about the 2 minute mark.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to weigh in on whether gun owners have a constitutional right to carry handguns outside the home.

The court decided not to hear a challenge to a New Jersey state law that requires people who want to carry handguns to show they have a special reason before they can get a permit. The court has shown a reluctance to wade in on the issue in recent months, declining to hear cases that challenged similar regulations in New York and Maryland.

The gun owners challenging the law said that the right to bear arms enshrined in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was not limited to the right to keep a handgun at home.

By declining to hear the New Jersey case, the Supreme Court left intact a July 2013 decision by the Philadelphia-based 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that upheld the law.

The high court has yet to decide whether there is a right to carry guns in public, a question left unanswered in its two most recent gun-related decisions.

In the 2008 District of Columbia v. Heller case, the court held that the Second Amendment guaranteed an individual right to bear arms. Two years later in McDonald v. City of Chicago, the court held that the earlier ruling applied to the states.

The case is Drake v. Jerejian, U.S. Supreme Court, 13-827

See: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/ ... EP20140505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Connecticut Patriot Group Fights Back Against Confiscation Order

The State of Connecticut is now demanding that gun owners across the state turn in all newly-banned, unregistered firearms and magazines or face felony arrest.

But Americans simply don’t take well to being told what to do, especially as it relates to their Second Amendment rights.

These unreasonable demands, which have yet to pass muster with the U.S. Supreme Court, have prompted Mike Vanderboegh of Connecticut’s Sipsey Street Irregulars to go on the offensive. Earlier this week Vanderboegh publicly posted the names, addresses, phone numbers and provided direct access to pictures of all CT legislators involved with passage of the gun confiscation bill, saying that since the government has a list it “seems obvious to me that it is thus only fair to list those anti-constitutional tyrants.”

See: http://www.infowars.com/connecticut-pat ... ion-order/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Rambo Grandma

Post by bobhenstra »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05 ... now-rambo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

The truth (and at times a .45) will set you free!!!

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

My kind of woman, my kind of gun!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Here ya go, Bob.
Gun BBQ.jpg

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

USDA ORDERS SUBMACHINE GUNS WITH 30 Rd mags

Post by bobhenstra »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... -Magazines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: USDA ORDERS SUBMACHINE GUNS WITH 30 Rd mags

Post by Jason »

M249Gunner
captain of 100

Post by M249Gunner »

Unfortunately, they are falling into the wrong hands. It wouldn't be so bad if they were for the citizens, but these will be used by the government's jack booted thugs.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

M249Gunner wrote:Unfortunately, they are falling into the wrong hands. It wouldn't be so bad if they were for the citizens, but these will be used by the government's jack booted thugs.
Gets bad enough...its easy enough to switch hands. That cheap little single use single shot .45 they dropped all over Europe in WWII worked great for that purpose.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

Luckily those cheap little .45s dropped over Europe can be made from components at your local Lowe's or Home Depot. Heck go to ACE hardware and you can build what you need to recapture what has been confiscated. Your kit bag should be well stocked on the knowledge in your head. They can't take that.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

‘High risk’ label from feds puts gun sellers in banks’ cross

Post by bobhenstra »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... from-feds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, very happy I've got what I wanted and that I reload! I have done business with this company, pretty good prices!

http://tooeleshootingsupply.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bob

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity ... e&_cview=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phony???

sevenator
captain of 100

Post by sevenator »

Nah. USDA bought a bunch a couple weeks ago, too.