Cabin discovered in Arcata Community Forest

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Cabin discovered in Arcata Community Forest

Post by marc »

Fascinating! Someone went through a lot of trouble to go off the grid.

http://madriverunion.com/cabin-discover ... ty-forest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Re: Cabin discovered in Arcata Community Forest

Post by Bee Prepared »

That is fascinating and very well disquised. Too bad someone went to so much work, walked in heavy supplies, i.e. wood stove, and now it has to be torn down. Wouldn't we all like to have a secret hideout like that? Un-fortunately nothing stays secret anymore. ( except bigfoot of course) :)

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

What a cool place! My son served part of his mission in Arcata, and spent time visiting members homes all through that area, and on the Hoopa Reservation nearby. It does make you wonder who built it, and why they left. Interesting!

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

That crazy bomber had a place like that. The one call uni-bomber, even tho' he had multi bombs. But it would have made sense to call him the multi-bomber, so I guess that's why they didn't.
Someone like that.
Or someone on the run from the law. Like Rudolph or that Dallas who shot and killed two forest rangers.
There was such a case in Death Valley a few years ago. Some character living out in the abandon cabins and such in the desert. He ended up dying somehow but he wasn't wanted. He just went a little loco and abandon his house and family in Minnesota, I think it was. I think he did steal a lot out there, cars and trucks, so then he was wanted, I guess.
Or just some homeless character wandering around out there, and decides this is the way to get free land and a low cost housing.
dc

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

David13 wrote:That crazy bomber had a place like that. The one call uni-bomber, even tho' he had multi bombs. But it would have made sense to call him the multi-bomber, so I guess that's why they didn't.
Someone like that.
Or someone on the run from the law. Like Rudolph or that Dallas who shot and killed two forest rangers.
There was such a case in Death Valley a few years ago. Some character living out in the abandon cabins and such in the desert. He ended up dying somehow but he wasn't wanted. He just went a little loco and abandon his house and family in Minnesota, I think it was. I think he did steal a lot out there, cars and trucks, so then he was wanted, I guess.
Or just some homeless character wandering around out there, and decides this is the way to get free land and a low cost housing.
dc
Its fun to think of all the possibilities. I think it was someone who was savvy to the future!

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Bee
I would say no, as they have to know that the forest service, blm, or any of 100 other state or local agencies would soon catch up with them, or various trappers, hunters, poachers, dope growers, other vagrants, others running from the law, or just some stupid mischievous kids would come across the place.
There's really no inch, or only very few inches that haven't, over the last 150 years been prospected or otherwise looked over and evaluated by miners, scouts, etc.
dc

Nebguy
captain of 50

Post by Nebguy »

That was my first thought....dopers. Doesn't seem to be the case though. Not poachers either. Some burned out hippie maybe? It's just strange. Very strange indeed! (Indeed) :-?

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

[Insert Obrien's favorite curse word here], they found me...

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

That was a lot of work. Its amazing to think that someone would go through the effort to pack all that material in and most likely on foot.

PS, for full disclosure, there is an image in the article with a naked woman in it. I personally don't find it to be erotic but there may be others that might find it offensive.