Who wants an Ebola vaccination?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.

Who wants their very own ebola vaccination shot?

Yes - I'll have it if it's offered.
15%
No - I'll take my chances.
19%
No - I don't trust vaccines.
35%
No - I'll tell you where you can shove that needle...
31%

Total votes: 26
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Who wants an Ebola vaccination?

Post by iWriteStuff »

Coming to a clinic near you in 2015!

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-29756301

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Who wants an Ebola vaccination?

Post by gkearney »

This is a classic example of what is known as "push polling" wether the original poster intended it to be so or not.

Here we have a single question where the respondent is given four possible answers, one in the affirmative and three in the negative. Simple math will tell you how this will come out. This should have been a simple yes or no question.

If you wanted to collect data on why people choose the answer they did that is the place for follow on questions like "If you selected no then..."
Last edited by gkearney on October 24th, 2014, 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

gkearney wrote:This is a classic example of what is known as "push polling" wether the original poster intended it to be so or not.

Here we have a single question where the respondent is given four possible answers, one in the affirmative and four in the negative. Simple math will tell you how this will come out. This should have been a simple yes or no question.

If you wanted to collect data on why people choose the answer they did that is the place for follow on questions like "If you selected no then..."
I considered using a five point Likert scale for comparative analysis purposes but given the limited number of options in poll creation, I came out with this instead. Obviously a Likert scale would have changed the nature of the question as well. I hope you'll excuse the novice attempt.

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

I voted yes. As a health care worker we are now required to get flu vaccinations. I got them for many years before it was required. I got the flu once 30+years ago and don't want it again. The vaccines worked good for me with no side affects.

Based on that experience for me I would get vaccinated for ebola.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Or a nice yellow suit!

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

Haha...already got one.

Seymour Butz
Enjoying the View

Post by Seymour Butz »

If vaccines are so great, why did congress have to give them immunity from lawsuits for bad vaccines? I don't trust anyone who has immunity for the results of their actions.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... harma.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I would be very leery of an ebola vaccine.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

The appointed Ebola Tzar appointed by Obama (why using Russian term anyways) has ben known to comment all the time how the world is over populated. Why in the world would he then care to save lives from the Ebola false flag - I mean serious pandemic.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Why in the world would he then care to save lives from the Ebola false flag - I mean serious pandemic.

It may have less to do with 'saving lives' and more to do with 'saving Wall St.'.

Find out which pharmaceutical corporations are cranking out the vaccine and invest your spare change in stock. You might make enough to afford 'good' hospital care if you get sick.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

rewcox wrote:Or a nice yellow suit!
Where'd your big bird avatar go rewcox? :ymdevil:

Edit: because I can't spell
Last edited by caddis on October 26th, 2014, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

pollibird wrote:I voted yes. As a health care worker we are now required to get flu vaccinations. I got them for many years before it was required. I got the flu once 30+years ago and don't want it again. The vaccines worked good for me with no side affects.

Based on that experience for me I would get vaccinated for ebola.
Absolutely I take it, Either way I win!

Bob

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Over the weekend I had a doctor from Texas (my brother) at my house as well as a nurse from northern Colorado. If they could have voted, the nurse would have passed on the vaccine and the doctor would have taken it. The nurse explained that she would want to wait a few years for the vaccine to be *really* proven. The doctor said he trusts the CDC.

I think I side with the nurse. The CDC has not proven they are reliable or trustworthy.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

We seem to be among the "no vaccine, please" crowd on here. What's more scary - that we don't want them or that others do?

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

iWriteStuff wrote:We seem to be among the "no vaccine, please" crowd on here. What's more scary - that we don't want them or that others do?
Only because the no's got three choices and the yes people got only one.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

gkearney wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:We seem to be among the "no vaccine, please" crowd on here. What's more scary - that we don't want them or that others do?
Only because the no's got three choices and the yes people got only one.
My apologies. The assumption was that if you are willing to accept the vaccine, it is because you think it wise/prudent/safe and you trust the govt. If not, I figured there might be more than one reason, hence three "no" options (the "I'll tell you where you can stick it" option is inherently an "I don't trust the govt" option, if that wasn't clear).

If you answered "Yes" for any specific reason, perhaps you could clarify. Again, my apologies for a sloppy/non-academic poll.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

I'll trust it, the other option is take your chance on getting the disease with a fifty percent mortality rate. If the Lord wants me he can take me, a better choice than taking the chance,that's like committing suicide!

Bob