George W. Bush Speechwriter Votes for Clinton

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

"You’re not doing it for her. The vote you cast is for the republic and the Constitution"
Infowars.com - November 2, 2016 353 Comments
http://www.infowars.com/george-w-bush-s ... r-clinton/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Former George W. Bush speechwriter David Frum announced Wednesday that Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has earned his vote.

In an editorial for the Atlantic, entitled “The Conservative Case for Voting for Clinton,” Frum labels Hillary an American “patriot” while calling Trump a would-be “dictator.”

“I have no illusions about Hillary Clinton. I expect policies that will seem to me at best counter-productive, at worst actively harmful. America needs more private-market competition in healthcare, not less; lighter regulation of enterprise, not heavier; reduced immigration, not expanded; lower taxes, not higher,” Frum writes. “On almost every domestic issue, I stand on one side; she stands on the other. I do not imagine that she will meet me, or those who think like me, anywhere within a country mile of half-way.”

“But she is a patriot. She will uphold the sovereignty and independence of the United States. She will defend allies. She will execute the laws with reasonable impartiality.
She may bend some rules for her own and her supporters’ advantage. She will not outright defy legality altogether. Above all, she can govern herself; the first indispensable qualification for governing others.”

Frum, who claims to have already cast an early vote for Clinton, also calls his actions a worthwhile sacrifice in an effort to “defend democracy.”

“So I will vote for the candidate who rejects my preferences and offends my opinions. (In fact, I already have voted for her.) Previous generations accepted infinitely heavier sacrifices and more dangerous duties to defend democracy.”

A vote for Clinton, Frum alleges in conclusion, is a vote for the foundational principles of the United States.

“Your hand may hesitate to put a mark beside the name, Hillary Clinton. You’re not doing it for her. The vote you cast is for the republic and the Constitution.”

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: George W. Bush Speechwriter Votes for Clinton

Post by rewcox »

I agree, Trump would be a great Dictator. Pun included.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: George W. Bush Speechwriter Votes for Clinton

Post by EmmaLee »

“But she is a patriot. She will uphold the sovereignty and independence of the United States. She will defend allies. She will execute the laws with reasonable impartiality. She may bend some rules for her own and her supporters’ advantage. She will not outright defy legality altogether. Above all, she can govern herself; the first indispensable qualification for governing others.” “Your hand may hesitate to put a mark beside the name, Hillary Clinton. You’re not doing it for her. The vote you cast is for the republic and the Constitution.”
:-o @-) =)) :^O :ymsick: