Are The Secret Combinations And The Church Of The Devil One And The Same Organization?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
LdsMarco
captain of 100

Are The Secret Combinations And The Church Of The Devil One And The Same Organization?

Post by LdsMarco »

While Nephi prophesied that in these latter days there would be “secret combinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the devil,” neither he nor the other prophets appear to have explicitly identified them as the church of the devil. Nevertheless, the question naturally arises as to whether they are one and the same organization. Let us observe some of their similarities.

Read more:http://www.inspiredconstitution.org/hva ... er_11.html

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Are The Secret Combinations And The Church Of The Devil One And The Same Organization?

Post by Matchmaker »

LdsMarco wrote:While Nephi prophesied that in these latter days there would be “secret combinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the devil,” neither he nor the other prophets appear to have explicitly identified them as the church of the devil. Nevertheless, the question naturally arises as to whether they are one and the same organization. Let us observe some of their similarities.

Read more:http://www.inspiredconstitution.org/hva ... er_11.html
Thank you for posting this most excellent video. It was nice that Alex gave this woman an opportunity to read a scripture from the Book of Mormon on his show. I'm sure many seeds were planted in the hearts of his listeners because of this woman's courageous act, and it took courage to share in this manner.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Are The Secret Combinations And The Church Of The Devil One And The Same Organization?

Post by JohnnyL »

Close enough.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

YES!!!!

According to John they will succeed in establishing domination, we read:
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
John tells us here “there was given unto him…to continue forty and two months.” John also says “it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.”

This great latter day cabal, according to Daniel, will prevail over the sains for “a time and times and the dividing of time” or 42 months. Daniel then tells us:
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
As bad as things my appear, the rise this great latter day cabal who shall exercise control over “kindreds, and tongues, and nations” is one of the most precise predictors of the Second Coming we have in all scripture. The 42 months act as a countdown to our Lord’s return….

The sooner the globalists spring their trap, (I’m looking for this to happen by the end of next month) the sooner we will see the Second Coming….. so, no worries, our side wins!!!

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Could it be that O wants to transfer control over the Internet to the United Nations so that when he “continue(s)” as the new Sectary General and goes on to have power over “kindreds, and tongues, and nations” he will find it a very useful tool?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I take seriously the October 1988 General Conference statement of President Benson that " Secret combinations lusting for power, gain and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." Two things stand out in my mind:

1.) " Secret combinations lusting for power, gain and glory are flourishing." That tells me that there are multiple groups of people that are striving to get wealth and control of government, or if not control of government, then perhaps of industries, banking, agriculture, natural resources, pharma, and/or other essentials to life, liberty, and property.

2.) " A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." That tells me that there is one single group of people intent on destroying the freedoms of all nations, and is increasing its control over America, and over other nations as well.

These statements are well corroborated by others before and since by the Prophet Joseph Smith, President David O. McKay, President Boyd K. Packer, Elder Joseph Fielding Smith, Elder Bruce T. McConkie, President J. Reuben Clark, and of course Nephi and Moroni. There are in the Book of Mormon warnings and descriptions of the doings of secret combinations that fomented the destruction of both the Jaredite and Nephite civilizations, so that even though our latter-day prophets have not identified the people and organizations gaining control over America and the entire world, we can, I believe, recognize at least who some of them are.

We Latter-day Saints have a doctrinal imperative to preserve liberty/freedom. In the Church publication "Principles of the Gospel" it is stated that "Unless we as members of the Church do all lwe can to preserve the freedoms we have, withing the bounds of the laws of God, we will e held accountable." And via Moroni, the Lord has commanded us to wake up to this awful situation and that God has shown the evils of the secret combinations reported in the Book of Mormon so that we, in our day, will oppose their getting above us.

I realize that there are other principles of the gospel in addition to freedom/liberty and the US Constitution. But the "LDS Freedom Forum Purpose and Mission Statement" states that “The LDS Freedom Forum exists to provide an on-line home for individuals to associate and discuss Liberty in light of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ - this includes a myriad of topics related to the Gospel of Liberty (as some prophets have described the Gospel of Jesus Christ) and more. We welcome all to the forum, Latter-day Saints and non-members alike.” Which is why I focus on these things on this forum.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

friendsofthe wrote:Are The Secret Combinations And The Church Of The Devil One And The Same Organization?

YES!!!!

According to John they will succeed in establishing domination, we read:
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
John tells us here “there was given unto him…to continue forty and two months.” John also says “it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.”

This great latter day cabal, according to Daniel, will prevail over the sains for “a time and times and the dividing of time” or 42 months. Daniel then tells us:
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
As bad as things my appear, the rise this great latter day cabal who shall exercise control over “kindreds, and tongues, and nations” is one of the most precise predictors of the Second Coming we have in all scripture. The 42 months act as a countdown to our Lord’s return….

The sooner the globalists spring their trap, (I’m looking for this to happen by the end of next month) the sooner we will see the Second Coming….. so, no worries, our side wins!!!
The only problem is that it could get a tad rough, before that happens.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Matchmaker wrote: .. . . Thank you for posting this most excellent video. It was nice that Alex gave this woman an opportunity to read a scripture from the Book of Mormon on his show. I'm sure many seeds were planted in the hearts of his listeners because of this woman's courageous act, and it took courage to share in this manner.
Wow, good for her! Gutsy lady, and a tribute to Alex for allowing her to read it.