Ezra Taft Benson worried about those in the COB?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
bethany
captain of 100

Re: Ezra Taft Benson says be wary of those in the COB

Post by bethany »

sonofliberty wrote:
pjbrownie wrote:If this is true, it's not surprising. Benson was truly an inspired prophet, and I would think even the remnant folks would consider him a prophet.
I have seen other video posts from this same individual and not sure if this is accurate. One major flaw I see right off the bat is that he claims he was with the massage therapist in either 1992 or 1993 and that the therapist told him he had met with President Benson the day before. The last talk President Benson ever gave himself in conference was the "I Testify" talk, which took place at the October 1988 General Conference (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... y?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). By the April 1989 General Conference session, President Benson was too ill to speak and Presidents Hinkley and Monson delivered his talks for him. Also, the October 1989 General Conference, was the last one that President Benson phyiscally attended. I believe after that conference he was so ill, he did not make anymore public appearances. With that said, this individual is either making the story up or completely wrong with his dates.

On another note, I do find it rather interesting that the last words uttered from President Benson's mouth was his testimony, to include a powerful testimony of "A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." After this discourse, we have pretty much had mostly preaching of faith, hope and charity. Pretty interesting when you compare it to what followed Mornoi's discourse of secret combinations gaining control of both the Jaredite and Nephite governments.
just curious. he says that Benson was in his office in 92ish (which is vague)... i assume he is there as a massage therapist. are you saying that when he quit making public appearances he quit going to his office? i don't see how this negates the event. if he was sick, it would make sense to have someone come to his office that does massage & herbal remedies.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Re: Ezra Taft Benson worried about those in the COB?

Post by Obrien »

I think Ezra was worried the auto pen might go nuts and sign a DNR order.

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Re: Ezra Taft Benson says be wary of those in the COB

Post by sonofliberty »

bethany wrote:
sonofliberty wrote:
pjbrownie wrote:If this is true, it's not surprising. Benson was truly an inspired prophet, and I would think even the remnant folks would consider him a prophet.
I have seen other video posts from this same individual and not sure if this is accurate. One major flaw I see right off the bat is that he claims he was with the massage therapist in either 1992 or 1993 and that the therapist told him he had met with President Benson the day before. The last talk President Benson ever gave himself in conference was the "I Testify" talk, which took place at the October 1988 General Conference (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... y?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). By the April 1989 General Conference session, President Benson was too ill to speak and Presidents Hinkley and Monson delivered his talks for him. Also, the October 1989 General Conference, was the last one that President Benson phyiscally attended. I believe after that conference he was so ill, he did not make anymore public appearances. With that said, this individual is either making the story up or completely wrong with his dates.

On another note, I do find it rather interesting that the last words uttered from President Benson's mouth was his testimony, to include a powerful testimony of "A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." After this discourse, we have pretty much had mostly preaching of faith, hope and charity. Pretty interesting when you compare it to what followed Mornoi's discourse of secret combinations gaining control of both the Jaredite and Nephite governments.
just curious. he says that Benson was in his office in 92ish (which is vague)... i assume he is there as a massage therapist. are you saying that when he quit making public appearances he quit going to his office? i don't see how this negates the event. if he was sick, it would make sense to have someone come to his office that does massage & herbal remedies.
He also refers to it being soon after Benson gave one of his talks in conference. Benson's last talk he gave himself was in October 1988. I am not saying he is making it up. What I said is the story itself is not entirely accurate. Also, from what I have read, when President Benson stoppped attending conference (which he did after 1989) it was because his health was so bad he was bed ridden and wasn't really speaking much to anyone other then family.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

I will listen again. I listened 3 times & didn't catch it being right after speaking, but just in general referencing his previous talks. But then again, I'm aging & prone to missing things.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

yep, saw that youtube 2years ago.

"Ezra Taft Benson Identifies The Modern Day Gadiantons - by Kevin Kraut - LDS / Mormon Truth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvSYj2pE7NI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

another related one by a kevin/DonQuijote....

"Followup to Ezra Taft Benson Story - LDS / Mormon Truth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mv1qvmYH-w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

therapist: Stan Malstrom
http://smalstrom.blogspot.jp/2009/08/wh ... mment-form" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:-B

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Even were it so, there was a minor cleansing about 10 years ago. Shape up, or ship out. No more afternoon golf, long vacations, etc.