Ezra Taft Benson worried about those in the COB?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Ezra Taft Benson worried about those in the COB?

Post by Col. Flagg »

Stumbled across this on You-Tube tonight - take it for what it's worth... if true, this is profound and eye-opening indeed:

Last edited by Col. Flagg on October 1st, 2014, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Re: Ezra Taft Benson says be wary of those in the COB

Post by pjbrownie »

If this is true, it's not surprising. Benson was truly an inspired prophet, and I would think even the remnant folks would consider him a prophet.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

What is the COB? Your link is blocked by the network were I work. (I am on personal time not the bosses!)

Close of business
Care on Battlefield
Cop off Beat
Control Operational Battery
center of Ballance
-too many acronyms not enough real conversation.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Church Office Building

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

What on earth is COB- ditto
Link doesn't work (and there is no title)- ditto

Why so many abbreviations. anyway? Sorry but I can't count how many times I've simply ignored the thread because apparently everybody knows what a string of letters mean when sadly I haven't the slightest idea.
Well atleast now I know one more..

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

False title.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

I remember watching this awhile back. I have to say that I do believe specifically in the principle of wolves in sheeps clothing. Whither this people knowing, or through ignorance, support the cause of the Gadiantons is not really important. What we do know to be a fact is this:

Helaman 6 wrote:38 And it came to pass on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Bananikka wrote:What on earth is COB- ditto

Why so many abbreviations. anyway? Sorry but I can't count how many times I've simply ignored the thread because apparently everybody knows what a string of letters mean when sadly I haven't the slightest idea.
bananikka - why don't you start a thread for all the confusing acronyms? then there will be a handy place to go and figure things out.
ps - how did the apricots turn out this year?

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Post by sonofliberty »

pjbrownie wrote:If this is true, it's not surprising. Benson was truly an inspired prophet, and I would think even the remnant folks would consider him a prophet.
I have seen other video posts from this same individual and not sure if this is accurate. One major flaw I see right off the bat is that he claims he was with the massage therapist in either 1992 or 1993 and that the therapist told him he had met with President Benson the day before. The last talk President Benson ever gave himself in conference was the "I Testify" talk, which took place at the October 1988 General Conference (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... y?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). By the April 1989 General Conference session, President Benson was too ill to speak and Presidents Hinkley and Monson delivered his talks for him. Also, the October 1989 General Conference, was the last one that President Benson phyiscally attended. I believe after that conference he was so ill, he did not make anymore public appearances. With that said, this individual is either making the story up or completely wrong with his dates.

On another note, I do find it rather interesting that the last words uttered from President Benson's mouth was his testimony, to include a powerful testimony of "A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." After this discourse, we have pretty much had mostly preaching of faith, hope and charity. Pretty interesting when you compare it to what followed Mornoi's discourse of secret combinations gaining control of both the Jaredite and Nephite governments.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

sonofliberty wrote:
pjbrownie wrote:If this is true, it's not surprising. Benson was truly an inspired prophet, and I would think even the remnant folks would consider him a prophet.
I have seen other video posts from this same individual and not sure if this is accurate. One major flaw I see right off the bat is that he claims he was with the massage therapist in either 1992 or 1993 and that the therapist told him he had met with President Benson the day before. The last talk President Benson ever gave himself in conference was the "I Testify" talk, which took place at the October 1988 General Conference (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... y?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). By the April 1989 General Conference session, President Benson was too ill to speak and Presidents Hinkley and Monson delivered his talks for him. Also, the October 1989 General Conference, was the last one that President Benson phyiscally attended. I believe after that conference he was so ill, he did not make anymore public appearances. With that said, this individual is either making the story up or completely wrong with his dates.

On another note, I do find it rather interesting that the last words uttered from President Benson's mouth was his testimony, to include a powerful testimony of "A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." After this discourse, we have pretty much had mostly preaching of faith, hope and charity. Pretty interesting when you compare it to what followed Mornoi's discourse of secret combinations gaining control of both the Jaredite and Nephite governments.
Great post. :ymapplause:

Hugh Jass
The Bishop

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bananikka wrote:What on earth is COB- ditto

The Church has a little known, super secret list of abbreviations (Handbook 3, Membership Organization Committee of Keyholders).

Among the abbreviations found in this book:

Correlated Obedient Brethren
Limiting Denver Snuffer
Actively Protecting Our Supply of Tithing Against Truth Especially Scripture
Pious Executive Corporation
Corporate Investment of Tithes You Contributed for Redistribution to Every Executive Keyholder

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

clever clever. ^^^
I'll try to add to your list.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

CTR = Continuous Tithing Receipts
GC = Genuflecting Commoners
SAC MTG = Social Advancement Club Monitoring The Group
HPGL = Here Presides Geriatric Leadership
COJCOLDS = Continuous Onerous Judgements Create Obsequious Lackeys Disillusioned Saints
HT = Hour-long Torture

Hugh Jass
The Bishop

Post by Hugh Jass »

BYU = Beardless Young Undergraduates
FARMS = Facilitating Apostles Raising their Modest Stipends
CES = Conformity for Every Student
FAIR = Foundation for Aiding the Increase of Revenue
EFY CAMP = Every F*ing Youth Correlated Around Modern Prophets
PROPHET = Priestly Robbing Of Perhaps Hopefully Every Tithepayer

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

FHE = Feeling Heavenly Everyone?

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

The thread title is false and should be changed.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Last edited by Tbone on August 28th, 2017, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Tbone wrote:SNUFFER = Suckers Normally Unknowingly Fall For Every Ruse

"If people in the general area of this forum don't want it to be a DS discussion forum, then why don't you stop starting threads like this to talk about DS?

Why don't you stop bringing him into every other Gospel discussion that is in this area of the forum?

Why don't you ignore it when new people come here looking for others to talk with about DS material?

YOU are the problem if you are allowing it to bother you and perpetuating [truthful] discussion here. IGNORE IT if it isn't something you are interested in. Let the discussions about DS remain in the HG area for those who are interested and quit complaining when you all bring the discussion here in the outside area."

Don't worry Moderator. I've posted it so you don't have to, but with a minor edit.
tbone - I bet you are the guy who brings up Nazis / Hitler comparisons FIRST in every conversation... grow up. if your testimony is so weak a couple of satirical posts hurts it, you should spend more time in the scriptures and less on the forum.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Last edited by Tbone on August 28th, 2017, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Last edited by Tbone on August 28th, 2017, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Tbone wrote:SNUFFER = Suckers Normally Unknowingly Fall For Every Ruse

"If people in the general area of this forum don't want it to be a DS discussion forum, then why don't you stop starting threads like this to talk about DS?

Why don't you stop bringing him into every other Gospel discussion that is in this area of the forum?

Why don't you ignore it when new people come here looking for others to talk with about DS material?

YOU are the problem if you are allowing it to bother you and perpetuating [truthful] discussion here. IGNORE IT if it isn't something you are interested in. Let the discussions about DS remain in the HG area for those who are interested and quit complaining when you all bring the discussion here in the outside area."

Don't worry Moderator. I've posted it so you don't have to, but with a minor edit.
I agree with everything but the subtle jab at the moderators. Not cool.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Seek the Truth wrote:The thread title is false and should be changed.
Agreed...and done.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Last edited by Tbone on August 28th, 2017, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Re: Ezra Taft Benson worried about those in the COB?

Post by Obrien »

Tbone wrote:
Obrien wrote:tbone - I bet you are the guy who brings up Nazis / Hitler comparisons FIRST in every conversation... grow up. if your testimony is so weak a couple of satirical posts hurts it, you should spend more time in the scriptures and less on the forum.
Nobody mentioned my testimony being hurt, especially as your opinion has no effect on my testimony. I was just playing your game, but I should have realized it was one sided. Sorry to have injured your sensitivities with my turn at satire.

So, please excuse me while I go study my scriptures.
Fortunately, Obrien has only one feeling, and it very difficult to access. Obrien's lone feeling is not sensitive and cannot be damaged by anonymous internet banter. Obrien is not an ardent snuffer fan, although Obrien does drink in information from many different sources these days (that development is after a long history of drinking from the fountain of the Corp of the LDS and Deseret Book.)

FWIW, we could all probably benefot from a bit more scripture study. :)

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Col. Flagg wrote:
Seek the Truth wrote:The thread title is false and should be changed.
Agreed...and done.
Ok, so the answer is there is no evidence that ETB was worried about the COB.