Ether 8:20, ...among all nations...

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Alighieri
captain of 100

Ether 8:20, ...among all nations...

Post by Alighieri »

Watch the PBS Frontline documentary "Putin's Way."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/putins-way/

Secret combinations can be seen more recently in Argentina and Mexico. Russian government is just one big secret combination.

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, (from Greek: κλέπτης - kleptēs, "thief" and κράτος - kratos, "power, rule", hence "rule by thieves") is a form of political and government corruption where the government exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the ruling class at the expense of the wider population, often with pretense of honest service.

Definition from Wikipedia.

Watching this documentary will you a peek at just one of the many modern day secret combinations.

You hear that Obama is going to pay his respects to the new Saudi king?
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/24/middl ... als-obama/
The President has to ensure that the United States has enough oil.

I just wonder when all these different combinations will start hacking each other's heads off...

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Re: Ether 8:20, ...among all nations...

Post by KMCopeland »

Alighieri wrote:Secret combinations can be seen more recently in Argentina and Mexico. Russian government is just one big secret combination.
You know, I've said this before, but if there are truly secret combinations you wouldn't be able to see them.

Everything's a secret combination with you folks. I wish you would be a little more judicious with the charge.

Alighieri
captain of 100

Post by Alighieri »

Your assumption that secret combinations must be secret is faulty. The Gadianton Robbers came out openly against the Nephites.

The cartels in Mexico and the recent news of an Argentine government official being murdered is a plain sign that robbers are about in the land.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Babylon is the "Mother of Abomination". All Evil comes from the same source. Communism is just one part of what is a globalist conspiracy. John in Revelation says that the Beast would become angry with the Harlot and attack her, burn her, and devour her flesh.

Russia and China are prepping to attack the West. But the end goal is for America to give up her soverignty and either be pushed into a globalist-controlled government or North American Union, or become absorbed by NATO or just pain become divided up into Tribes (individual prepper groups).

Actually it is interesting that the Book of Mormon predicts the division into tribes, and that is what Mel Gibson predicts in his insightful monolog during the intro of the movie 'Conspiracy Theory". In any event, Satan wants and end to American and the US Constitution. The Gibson monolog says the preppers would be fooled into thinking the US was going to be overun by UN troops but the plan was for the preppers themselves to take over and divide the country.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, WHEN ye shall see these things come among you, that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which SHALL be among you;...." I appears to me that the Lord expects us to see the secret combinations among us, and that He gave us plenty of descriptions of their operations and goals in the Book of Mormon to help us figure out who/what they are I our time. Granted, they are not so secret to many of us, but to most people I think they are invisible and secret. Some secret combinations are easy for some people to recognize. Some people refuse to consider certain events as being the work of a secret combination, such as for example the establishment of the Fed, the success of the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbour, the Oklahoma City bombing and 911, and numerous other events perhaps not so obvious to most people.

Alighieri
captain of 100

Post by Alighieri »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/dead ... st-n299676

Argentine prosecutor that had a warrant for the Argentine president's arrest.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

KMCopeland wrote:
Alighieri wrote:Secret combinations can be seen more recently in Argentina and Mexico. Russian government is just one big secret combination.
You know, I've said this before, but if there are truly secret combinations you wouldn't be able to see them.

Everything's a secret combination with you folks. I wish you would be a little more judicious with the charge.
Nisman? The cartels? the FED?

Quite old combinations which are JUST NOW starting to get exposed. In the case of the latter, after over 100 years from its establishment.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Alighieri wrote:Your assumption that secret combinations must be secret is faulty. The Gadianton Robbers came out openly against the Nephites.

The cartels in Mexico and the recent news of an Argentine government official being murdered is a plain sign that robbers are about in the land.
It's a plain sign that there are bad people doing bad things happening in Argentina. I don't know why that isn't descriptive enough.