The Forum Rules / Standard

A description of the purpose of the LDS Freedom Forum, also the Forum Rules.
BrianM
The Creator (of the forum)

The Forum Rules / Standard

Postby BrianM » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:19 am

This is a forum for discussions of the principles of Liberty and the many topics encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which embraces all truth. All are welcome who can engage in such discussions civilly and respectfully, within the guidelines presented below.

What this forum is not. It is not an anti-Mormon/anti-LDS forum, not a Denver Snuffer forum, not a forum for any ‘remnant’ or LDS offshoot communities/movements/groups, not a RLDS or FLDS forum, and not a forum for being bitter, critical, or accusatory towards LDS Church leaders.

That being said, there are many challenges inherent in an online discussion forum. People tend not to agree with each other on varying topics and sometimes become argumentative, contentious and disrespectful. The following rules are a guideline to help make this forum a better place. If you choose not to adhere to these standards you may be asked to leave. Keep in mind that moderators do not always see all inappropriate comments and we rely on you to report to us anything that concerns you.

By participating on ldsfreedomforum.com, you agree to abide by the rules and standards of the forum as posted here.

- - - - - - -

Some guidelines regarding how not to be the one we exile from the forum:

#1, the most important:
Be kind. No personal attacks. There is no reason to attack each other for differing beliefs, label others apostate, call to repentance, etc.

- No personal attacks or threats. No defamation of character, libel, slander, etc. No evil speaking of the "Lord's Anointed". If you cannot backup a claim made about another person your post may be deleted. (i.e. If you disagree with someone, "'attack' the message, not the messenger").

- No Trolling, flaming, spamming, baiting.

- No profanity. No inappropriate sexual content.

- Discussion of almost all topics is welcome, but promoting ideas and doctrine that are apostate and contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ will not be allowed.

- These forums will not be used for personal advancement of any form, except in accordance with the purpose of this website and forum. (If you choose to continually focus on any specific topic we may ask that your discussion of that topic be limited to a single thread/topic on the forum.)

- Do not post any copyrighted material without permission. The proper way to share news articles, and other copyrighted material, is to post only an excerpt of the material and then link to the original source.

See next post for further explanation of some of these points...

- - - - - - -

The Forum Administrator and/or Moderators may warn and/or banish users who demonstrate that they are unwilling or unable to maintain the standards of the forum. The Forum Administrator reserves the right to ban anyone from the forum for any reason.

If you disagree with the actions of a Moderator or the Forum Administrator you may address your concerns privately by contacting the Forum Administrator - making such concerns public may result in warning or banishment.

- - - - - - -

Occasionally there are forum members that, for whatever reasons, want their account deleted/deactivated and/or all of their posts deleted. I do not do this, so please don't ask. If you no longer want to participate on LDSFF simply stop visiting the website and stop posting, use your own agency and freedom to refrain from visiting the forum rather than asking me to delete your account or posts.

- - - - - - -

Brian M.
LDS Freedom Forum Administrator.

(last modified 2017 February 18)
All my opinions are tentative pending further data...

The Matrix is real...

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

BrianM
The Creator (of the forum)

Re: The Forum Rules / Standard

Postby BrianM » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Some comments to keep in mind...

From Alma 30:7: "..there was no law against a man's belief; for it was strictly contrary to the commands of God that there should be a law which should bring men on to unequal grounds..."

Joseph Smith said: "I did not like the old man being called up for erring in doctrine. It looks too much like the Methodist, and not like the Latter-day Saints. Methodists have creeds which a man must believe or be asked out of their church. I want the liberty of thinking and believing as I please. It feels so good not to be trammeled. It does not prove that a man is not a good man because he errs in doctrine." (DHC 5: 340.)

We understand from D&C 121 that "Influence can or ought to be maintained by... persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; by kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile..."

Again, discussion of almost all topics is welcome, we're not all always going to agree with each other on every point of doctrine/belief, but there is a difference between discussing opinions, beliefs, doctrine, etc and coming here with an agenda to promote ideas and doctrine that are anti-mormon, apostate, and/or contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are here to learn - great!

I realize some of the rules are subjective to the personal opinions of the site administrator and moderator's; we will do our best to judge such matters according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Also keep in mind that not everything that someone might label "speaking evil of the lord's anointed" is actually evil speaking. I think some people tend to misapply it. Discussing something that concerns you is not necessarily evil speaking. Also, the "truth" cannot ever be "evil."
All my opinions are tentative pending further data...

The Matrix is real...

Return to “About the LDS Freedom Forum / Forum Standard/Rules”