This is a forum for discussions of the principles of Liberty and the many topics encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which embraces all truth
. All are welcome who can engage in such discussions civilly and respectfully, within the guidelines presented below.
What this forum is not. It is not an anti-Mormon/anti-LDS forum, not a Denver Snuffer forum, not a forum for any ‘remnant’ or LDS offshoot communities/movements/groups, not a RLDS or FLDS forum, and not a forum for being bitter, critical, or accusatory towards LDS Church leaders.
That being said, there are many challenges inherent in an online discussion forum. People tend not to agree with each other on varying topics and sometimes become argumentative, contentious and disrespectful. The following rules are a guideline to help make this forum a better place. If you choose not to adhere to these standards you may be asked to leave. Keep in mind that moderators do not always see all inappropriate comments and we rely on you to report to us anything that concerns you.By participating on ldsfreedomforum.com, you agree to abide by the rules and standards of the forum as posted here.
- - - - - - -
Some guidelines regarding how not to be the one we exile from the forum:#1
, the most important:Be kind. No personal attacks
. There is no reason to attack each other for differing beliefs, label others apostate, call to repentance, etc.
- No personal attacks or threats. No defamation of character, libel, slander, etc. No evil speaking of the "Lord's Anointed". If you cannot backup a claim made about another person your post may be deleted. (i.e. If you disagree with someone, "'attack' the message, not the messenger").
- No Trolling, flaming, spamming, baiting.
- No profanity. No inappropriate sexual content.
- Discussion of almost all topics is welcome, but promoting ideas and doctrine that are apostate and contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ will not be allowed.
- These forums will not be used for personal advancement of any form, except in accordance with the purpose of this website and forum. (If you choose to continually focus on any specific topic we may ask that your discussion of that topic be limited to a single thread/topic on the forum.)
- Do not post any copyrighted material without permission. The proper way to share news articles, and other copyrighted material, is to post only an excerpt of the material and then link to the original source.See next post for further explanation of some of these points...
- - - - - - -
The Forum Administrator and/or Moderators may warn and/or banish users who demonstrate that they are unwilling or unable to maintain the standards of the forum. The Forum Administrator reserves the right to ban anyone from the forum for any reason.
If you disagree with the actions of a Moderator or the Forum Administrator you may address your concerns privately by contacting the Forum Administrator - making such concerns public may result in warning or banishment.
- - - - - - -
Occasionally there are forum members that, for whatever reasons, want their account deleted/deactivated and/or all of their posts deleted. I do not do this, so please don't ask. If you no longer want to participate on LDSFF simply stop visiting the website and stop posting, use your own agency and freedom to refrain from visiting the forum rather than asking me to delete your account or posts.
- - - - - - -Brian M.
LDS Freedom Forum Administrator.
(last modified 2017 February 18)