Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 5)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 5)

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver won AGAIN last week when he bid based on his super connection to 47; it being the atomic number of Silver. Soon a shipment will be sent due to his 3 lucky charms to include a bonus ounce 1 by answering bonus question 2 in week 3. :ymapplause:

Bonus question # 1 remains active; refer to previous weeks thread for details. Next week will feature bonus-op #3.

The rules and pics of fine-titanium prizes are found here. Simply put, three best guesses to win a pound of titanium. Bonus ounce(s) too, if your guess is within 2 cents of the weeks final bid price of silver. The deadline to guess is Twelve noon Texas Time on Thursday, which is 11am in Utah.

OTEC is one amazing application of titanium and here is a recent article:

Leaders of the titanium industry would be well advised to track nascent developments in a renewable energy technology known as Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC), which harnesses the solar energy absorbed by the oceans to generate electric power. According to information posted by various sources, the underlying concepts for OTEC have been under review for at least five decades. In recent years, several development projects have been announced to demonstrate the technology’s feasibility and generate energy. ... http://www.titanium.org/?page=ITABlogEmergingOTEC

Ti is the 9th most abundant element on the Earth so it's value isn't based on rarity like Silver and Gold which are classified as Precious Bullion. Titanium is classified as Exotic Bullion and it's valuable because of the energy-intensive refining process, and its myriad of applications. The work that has gone into is what creates value; there is no fiat factor making its inherent value very stable and not subject to wild fluctuations.

OTEC too has a myriad of benefits besides mere energy generation. It will be key to creating safe sanctuaries free from dependency on shipments of Diesel Fuel that currently fuel the generators of many tropical islands.

My window will soon scroll letting me know its time to go; good luck everyone. :ymhug:

gilgal
captain of 10

Re: Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 5)

Post by gilgal »

$16.90

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 5)

Post by kittycat51 »

$17.00

Aiiivii
captain of 10

Post by Aiiivii »

It's an easy win for gilgal! Congrats! :)

Here's the link for the summary of guesses --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gilgal wrote: August 17th, 2017, 9:17 am$16.90

Congrat's to gilgal who was only off by 4 cents! :ymapplause:

There is a place called the Gilgal just off 7th East in SLC; Any connection with why you chose your user name?

Found it Image skeletor10 Image found Virtual Cache Gilgal
@-)

Whose face is on the Sphinx :-\

Another Geocache worthy of a bonus ounce for any bidder adventurous enough to log it. Details in week 6. :ymhug:

gilgal
captain of 10

Post by gilgal »

Actually, it is. I was working downtown and a coworker told me about the Joseph Smith sphinx, so I had to see it for myself. Started using gilgal as my username after that. It's also a place where the Israelites camped in the old testament, and Gilgal and his ten thousand were slain in the Book of Mormon.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gilgal wrote: August 19th, 2017, 2:50 pm Actually, it is. I was working downtown and a coworker told me about the Joseph Smith sphinx, so I had to see it for myself. Started using gilgal as my username after that. It's also a place where the Israelites camped in the old testament, and Gilgal and his ten thousand were slain in the Book of Mormon.
Image Very Cool All Image

Skeletor10 says in his log that he's logged 10,000 caches. A modern day slayer for sure. =))

Back in the day 1000 caches was considered epic!

I may have logged a dozen, but had great fun doing it. :o)

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Oh stink I thought I had it for sure. :p