Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 4)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 4)

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver won last week when the price nose-dived on the last day.

He also netted one bonus ounce by answering bonus question # 2.

Bonus question # 1 remains active; refer to last weeks thread for details.

The rules and pics of fine-titanium prizes are found here. Simply put, three best guesses to win a pound of titanium. Bonus ounce(s) too, if your guess is within 2 cents of the weeks final bid price of silver. The deadline to guess is Twelve noon Texas Time on Thursday, which is 11am in Utah.

There's still plenty of time to win so vote early and vote often. (j/k) :))

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 4)

Post by Silver »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 5th, 2017, 4:39 pm Silver won last week when the price nose-dived on the last day.

He also netted one bonus ounce by answering bonus question # 2.

Bonus question # 1 remains active; refer to last weeks thread for details.

The rules and pics of fine-titanium prizes are found here. Simply put, three best guesses to win a pound of titanium. Bonus ounce(s) too, if your guess is within 2 cents of the weeks final bid price of silver. The deadline to guess is Twelve noon Texas Time on Thursday, which is 11am in Utah.

There's still plenty of time to win so vote early and vote often. (j/k) :))
Happy Sabbath there, BND. You guys get up early.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 4)

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Where America starts her day.

In the lone-star commonwealth. :o)

The Mysterious Package of last weeks bonus question # 1 just departed the Aloha State after spending the weekend there.

Hope it got to go to the beach and eat some lomi salmon. =))

First person to post its destination scores one bonus ounce to be awarded in addition to any pound they may win.

USPS will eventually show, or random guesstimation may work too.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The Week 3 bonus question #1 package was sent in part to try international shipping. I'll gladly ship domestic or international to anyone clever, persistent or lucky enough to win. :ymhug:

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 6th, 2017, 3:27 am Where America starts her day.

In the lone-star commonwealth. :o)

The Mysterious Package of last weeks bonus question # 1 just departed the Aloha State after spending the weekend there.

First person to post its destination scores one bonus ounce to be awarded in addition to any pound they may win.

Man, that's crazy. It left Hawaii to go to San Fran and it left Newark to go to, of all places, Delhi, which it has now departed. Why in the world would the package take the long way to go to Delhi?

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 6th, 2017, 3:27 am The Mysterious Package of last weeks bonus question # 1 just departed the Aloha State after spending the weekend there.

The Week 3 bonus question #1 package was sent in part to try international shipping.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that its destination is also the place of origin - Saipan. It has traveled eastward all the way around the world and has just left India as of a day ago with no updated status, suggesting it is continuing its journey around the world. That, and the remark about testing international shipping makes me think maybe it's coming full circle back to himself.

Now, for a wee bit o' luck from the Irish. %%-

Aiiivii
captain of 10

Post by Aiiivii »

My guess is $16.50.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Onsdag wrote: August 9th, 2017, 8:45 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: August 6th, 2017, 3:27 am The Mysterious Package of last weeks bonus question # 1 just departed the Aloha State after spending the weekend there.

The Week 3 bonus question #1 package was sent in part to try international shipping.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that its destination is also the place of origin - Saipan. It has traveled eastward all the way around the world and has just left India as of a day ago with no updated status, suggesting it is continuing its journey around the world. That, and the remark about testing international shipping makes me think maybe it's coming full circle back to himself.

Now, for a wee bit o' luck from the Irish. %%-
Nope it's India, like pilots sometimes pilots fly with delta and other times they're flying with whiskey even on the same flight. Think live a well witch and look towards the water. India's the only country with their own ocean and has the most to gain from successful deployment of OTEC.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ladies and germs, we're back over $17/toz. Impressive. I'll guess $17.14 because 47.

gilgal
captain of 10

Post by gilgal »

$17.40

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

$17.17

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Not my thread, but a gentle reminder that there are only 35 more minutes until the guessing time for this week's contest ends.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver wrote: August 10th, 2017, 5:31 am Ladies and germs, we're back over $17/toz. Impressive. I'll guess $17.14 because 47.

Image Image

Thanks Silver for posting reminder; I was stuck gyrating linked images.

Ti has Atomic Mass 47 and change. :-o

Looking up the chart reminded me of a memorable place that President Monson spoke about in General Conference. ...

Clicking the images will make them big and this is a preview to another bonus opportunity for Week 5.

Good Luck Everyone! Image

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 10th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Silver wrote: August 10th, 2017, 5:31 am Ladies and germs, we're back over $17/toz. Impressive. I'll guess $17.14 because 47.

Image Image

Thanks Silver for posting reminder; I was stuck gyrating linked images.

Ti has Atomic Mass 47 and change. :-o

Looking up the chart reminded me of a memorable place that President Monson spoke about in General Conference. ...

Clicking the images will make them big and this is a preview to another bonus opportunity for Week 5.

Good Luck Everyone! Image
And, coincidentally, the Atomic Number of Silver is 47.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Weirdest Quora Question to date. @-)

You are locked in a room with 4 titanium walls, a titanium ceiling, a titanium floor, and a titanium door in a titanium doorway. In the room, there is a wooden chair, a wooden table, and a small fern in the corner in a clay pot. How do you escape?

https://www.quora.com/You-are-locked-in ... you-escape

Image Provides one of many imaginative ways to escape. :o)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

One of your previous bids the digits added up to 11, but when I asked you about it you explained the 47 connection.

This time your 47 didn't at first make sense then I saw it as "one-7 and one-4" which reminded of a time several years ago when I came across one of my favorite websites: http://14lds.com/ which spelled out is "one for LDS".

Recently it was completely revamped to make it even better.
http://14lds.com/oldsite/earth.htm is one article that hasn't yet been indexed. :(

Kitco was showing 17.13 and 17.15 when I refreshed the page, so currently you're Pb on target.

Except substitute Ag for Pb in your case, or in case of vampire. #-o

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ImageImage - - - Shipment shall be forthcoming - - - Image

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Me Lucky Charms worked again. Thanks for the contest, BND!

Aiiivii
captain of 10

Post by Aiiivii »

Wow! So much wow for you, Silver! Congrats!
Here's the link for the summary of guesses. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Aiiivii
captain of 10

Post by Aiiivii »

Thank you BND for the contest. I had fun.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

All this time, Silver was secretly hiding a flourish for guessing the price of precious metals.....