Silver Contest: Week 11 (of 11)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Silver Contest: Week 11 (of 11)

Post by Silver »

Wow, that was fast. It's already the final week of the contest.

Today is the first day you can enter your silver price guess to win one (1) ounce of .999 fine silver in Week 11 of the Silver Contest.

Separatist won the Week 1 contest with a guess only 8 cents off the closing price.
2EstablishZion won Week 2 with a guess only 6 cents off the closing price.
Meili won Week 3 with a guess only 4 cents off the closing price.
gilgal won Week 4 with a guess only 1 cent off the closing price. AWESOME!
imontoya won Week 5 with a guess only 2 cents off the closing price and he claims it was just a lucky guess.
Older/Wiser won Week 6 with an exact guess of the closing price.
Onsdag won Week 7 with a guess that was 16 cents off the closing price.
gilgal won Week 8, his 2nd victory.
Week 9: Older/Wiser won his 2nd ounce of shiny while iWriteStuff and nvr tied for 2nd place which means iWrite earns an ounce because it was his third 2nd place showing without ever being the outright winner.
Week 10 was owned by Be Thou Humble & Teachable with EmmaLee in 2nd place.

Please submit your guesses in this thread.

As always, a really big thanks to Meili for keeping track of everyone's guesses.

Introduction, rules and comments here:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=45298

Use http://www.kitco.com/kitco-gold-index.html as a reference if you'd like.

Good luck!

PS: If you really want to be a winner, dig out all the loose change underneath the sofa cushions and in the ashtray of your car and go buy your own ounce or two. You will feel the sort of liberty the Founding Fathers intended you to have when you hold in your hand a beautiful, pure metal organized by Jehovah Himself.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Silver Contest: Week 11 (of 11)

Post by BeNotDeceived »

$17.02

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I tried this week, but I still didn't make it here before BeNotDeceived . . .

Guesses listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Meili wrote: June 26th, 2017, 2:29 pm I tried this week, but I still didn't make it here before BeNotDeceived . . .

Guesses listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
I know I was surprised at his guess this week. How unusual. Whodathunkit?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Is everybody hedging their bets, so to speak, and waiting until Thursday to record their guesses?

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Silver wrote: June 27th, 2017, 9:28 am Is everybody hedging their bets, so to speak, and waiting until Thursday to record their guesses?
Pretty much. Every week I guessed early, and was way off. And then the one week when I did win I waited until the end to make a guess. I was still pretty far off, but at least I was closer than the others. :P

However, I'll probably be pretty occupied on Thursday and so I'm debating on doing it sooner lest I forget or get too busy.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Here's hoping for another second place: $16.68

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Silver wrote: June 27th, 2017, 9:28 am Is everybody hedging their bets, so to speak, and waiting until Thursday to record their guesses?
I usually guess Wednesday night. Hasn't worked so far...

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Kitco shows silver at $16.80 right now which is the same price at which it closed last Friday. Strange, eh?

Final guesses, for this, the final week of the silver contest, are due by noon tomorrow. Don't forget that it's noon, Texas time.

Oh, by the way, your Financial Reserve called and said to pick up some silver on the way home from work.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Ha, I can't believe it's the last week and I have never made a stab at this. My guess is based off looking at the current price and hoping for a bit more...but today I have a son who is 17 years old and 9 months exactly. B-)

$17.09

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: June 28th, 2017, 1:56 pm Kitco shows silver at $16.80 right now which is the same price at which it closed last Friday. Strange, eh?

Final guesses, for this, the final week of the silver contest, are due by noon tomorrow. Don't forget that it's noon, Texas time.

Oh, by the way, your Financial Reserve called and said to pick up some silver on the way home from work.
I'd just like to know how to pick the super glue off my hands without removing skin. @$&# super glue.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

$16.98

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

ouch! pincher move on poor BeNotDeceived...cheering for 17.02 on the money!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Meili wrote: June 28th, 2017, 8:11 pm
Silver wrote: June 28th, 2017, 1:56 pm Kitco shows silver at $16.80 right now which is the same price at which it closed last Friday. Strange, eh?

I'd just like to know how to pick the super glue off my hands without removing skin. @$&# super glue.
Knoweth ye not that super glue goes off only by much prayer and fasting?

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

$16.78

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I had fun guessing. So just for fun I'd say $16.79 I think Mirkwoods got this. Good luck to all. Thanks Silver for the ride. Don't forget to put junk silver dimes in your canteens, it worked for the pioneers.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: June 28th, 2017, 9:18 pm
Meili wrote: June 28th, 2017, 8:11 pm

Knoweth ye not that super glue goes off only by much prayer and fasting?
Well, it certainly doesn't come off any other way.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Onsdag wrote: June 27th, 2017, 11:01 am
Pretty much. Every week I guessed early, and was way off. And then the one week when I did win I waited until the end to make a guess. I was still pretty far off, but at least I was closer than the others. :P

However, I'll probably be pretty occupied on Thursday and so I'm debating on doing it sooner lest I forget or get too busy.
That didn't help me at all last week.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Prices down 1%. The London Fix guys must have an account on LDSFF. LOL

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: June 29th, 2017, 7:13 am Prices down 1%. The London Fix guys must have an account on LDSFF. LOL
Nah it's the "beats expectations" GDP report out this morning. Everything's awesome again, right? 1.4% growth! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! :ymdevil:

Just look at that USDJPY chart. Practically dictates PM movements....

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote: June 29th, 2017, 7:21 am
Silver wrote: June 29th, 2017, 7:13 am Prices down 1%. The London Fix guys must have an account on LDSFF. LOL
Nah it's the "beats expectations" GDP report out this morning. Everything's awesome again, right? 1.4% growth! Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can! :ymdevil:

Looked a bit like BM movement on the first scan...

I am still hoping for another $15 handle on silver. I'd love to pick up some more on the cheap. A drop to that level might scare a few people on LDSFF who have followed my advice and bought a handful though. Ah, the joys of Dollar Cost Averaging.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: June 29th, 2017, 7:41 am

Looked a bit like BM movement on the first scan...

I am still hoping for another $15 handle on silver. I'd love to pick up some more on the cheap. A drop to that level might scare a few people on LDSFF who have followed my advice and bought a handful though. Ah, the joys of Dollar Cost Averaging.
Personally, I love a good sale. I've had this terrible habit of only buying it when it's in an upward trend lately. I need a good $15-$16/oz price point to dollar cost average my way to happiness.

Secondary thought: the current price only matters if you're buying or selling. Otherwise you just have a nice piece of silver to look at :)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I was just wondering why the downward tear and checked GDPnow, will check USDJPY.

Downward move in silver price often means money is moving somewhere else such as the stock market.

Trying to figure out to post pics using tinypic and these kitco images are challenging, but finialy persistence pays off. :)