Silver Contest: Week 7 (of 11)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Silver Contest: Week 7 (of 11)

Post by Silver »

Meili wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:30 pm According to Google, the markets are closed now. You got it, Onsdag!
Kitco has shown several price moves since you declared Onsdag the winner. Let's give it a little more time.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 3:00 pm
Meili wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:30 pm According to Google, the markets are closed now. You got it, Onsdag!
Kitco has shown several price moves since you declared Onsdag the winner. Let's give it a little more time.
That happened last week, too. I guess kitco has it's own deadlines.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

The markets and the metals markets close at different times, I believe. Comex closes at 3:00 Mountain, 4:00 Texas time, I believe. The price can also jump around a little after the close as orders that were placed before the bell are settled.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Original_Intent wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 4:00 pm The markets and the metals markets close at different times, I believe. Comex closes at 3:00 Mountain, 4:00 Texas time, I believe. The price can also jump around a little after the close as orders that were placed before the bell are settled.
Good to know. Onsdag is still looking pretty good, though.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Oh yeah. He won.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Onsdag wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:07 pm
Silver wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:03 pm
Onsdag wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:00 pm Have the markets closed yet? :D
Patience is a virtue.
So I guess sending you my mailing address was a little bit premature? :YMDAYDREAM:
You are da winner. For realz. Congrats! Lucky 7.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Silver wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 5:40 pm
Onsdag wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:07 pm
Silver wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:03 pm
Onsdag wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 2:00 pm Have the markets closed yet? :D
Patience is a virtue.
So I guess sending you my mailing address was a little bit premature? :YMDAYDREAM:
You are da winner. For realz. Congrats! Lucky 7.
Thanks for the wonderful birthday present Silver! \:D/

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Thanks Silver , for the precious metal. This has been great fun . Happy up coming Birthday O/W

Just a special note for those who have yet to participate, I also firmly believe it is the best way to store your financial reserve, Silver offered this contest to make us more aware of the real value of money and look at the graphs charts and educate ourselves a little more. So for that I say thanks, and to upcoming bidders go for it !

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: May 29th, 2017, 11:31 am$17.73
Hey, I really meant $17.37. I must have 'dyslexed'. :(

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

larsenb wrote: June 3rd, 2017, 1:04 pm
larsenb wrote: May 29th, 2017, 11:31 am$17.73
Hey, I really meant $17.37. I must have 'dyslexed'. :(
Too bad, you looseded. :((

Congrats on coining a new word! :ymparty:

Even done did it on the right thread! Image Image nudge nudge.

Go Bubba, go. :ymhug:

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Older/wiser? wrote: June 3rd, 2017, 10:11 am Thanks Silver , for the precious metal. This has been great fun . Happy up coming Birthday O/W

Just a special note for those who have yet to participate, I also firmly believe it is the best way to store your financial reserve, Silver offered this contest to make us more aware of the real value of money and look at the graphs charts and educate ourselves a little more. So for that I say thanks, and to upcoming bidders go for it !
Here's another educational website:
www.coinflation.com

Learn there, for example, that a 2017 dime is worth 1.3 cents, while a 1964 dime made of 90% silver is worth $1.27. "An enemy hath done this."

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Older/wiser? wrote: June 3rd, 2017, 10:11 am Thanks Silver , for the precious metal. This has been great fun . Happy up coming Birthday O/W

Also, to encourage those who have yet to participate, statistically the odds are in favor of first time bidders to win. According to Meili's records 4 out of the 7 winners were first time bidders. :)