Silver Contest...One Ounce/Week

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Silver Contest...One Ounce/Week

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:19 pm
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:08 pm I know someone already mentioned it but by allowing posts up to the day before you'll have a lot more work to do sifting through a week worth of posts to verify who posted what price first etc. Your game, your rules but just a thought.

BTW, thank you for the game. It'll be fun.
I may have to hire a scribe then. Anybody want to keep a running tally of all the guesses for me? I'll pay in silver.
Or I'd be happy to be your scribe, free of charge.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Meili wrote: April 13th, 2017, 11:33 pm
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:08 pm I know someone already mentioned it but by allowing posts up to the day before you'll have a lot more work to do sifting through a week worth of posts to verify who posted what price first etc. Your game, your rules but just a thought.

I may have to hire a scribe then. Anybody want to keep a running tally of all the guesses for me? I'll pay in silver.
Bingo! Ladies and germs, we have a winner!

Thank you very kindly. I have no idea how many people will participate, but there may be long-term non-member lurkers trying to rush their membership process through right now. I hope many will join the fun...but what if a hundred submit a guess? That would be a lot of work for you.

I will definitely start a new thread for the guess submission each week as you suggest in your other post. Silver Contest Week 1...Silver Contest Week 2...and so on. I like Brian's idea of using a Google doc, but I think it will be fun if everyone can see other's posts, in other words, other's guesses, in real time, especially since they need to avoid submitting a guess for the same amount as one already submitted.

So I thank you again and will definitely pay you. Say, what did Joseph pay Oliver Cowdery for his service as scribe? Room and board? That could be quite expensive these days... Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Meili, scribe extraordinaire.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: April 14th, 2017, 1:11 am

Thank you very kindly. I have no idea how many people will participate, but there may be long-term non-member lurkers trying to rush their membership process through right now. I hope many will join the fun...but what if a hundred submit a guess? That would be a lot of work for you.

I will definitely start a new thread for the guess submission each week as you suggest in your other post. Silver Contest Week 1...Silver Contest Week 2...and so on. I like Brian's idea of using a Google doc, but I think it will be fun if everyone can see other's posts, in other words, other's guesses, in real time, especially since they need to avoid submitting a guess for the same amount as one already submitted.

So I thank you again and will definitely pay you. Say, what did Joseph pay Oliver Cowdery for his service as scribe? Room and board? That could be quite expensive these days... Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Meili, scribe extraordinaire.
Quite the title for a humble contest scribe. I expect this eliminates me from the running. Ah, well, I'm not good at guessing games anyway.

A hundred submissions shouldn't be a difficult task. 500 would be annoying. 1000 and I'd be asking for a backup scribe, most likely. I figure I can enter them into a spreadsheet and sort by guess amount. It shouldn't be too time consuming.

Yes, room and board would be expensive. Besides, Oliver just stayed with Joseph's family. I'm not planning to move in to your place through the end of June. I expect that would upset your wife.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Meili wrote: April 14th, 2017, 5:04 am

Quite the title for a humble contest scribe. I expect this eliminates me from the running. Ah, well, I'm not good at guessing games anyway.

A hundred submissions shouldn't be a difficult task. 500 would be annoying. 1000 and I'd be asking for a backup scribe, most likely. I figure I can enter them into a spreadsheet and sort by guess amount. It shouldn't be too time consuming.

Yes, room and board would be expensive. Besides, Oliver just stayed with Joseph's family. I'm not planning to move in to your place through the end of June. I expect that would upset your wife.
100 participants would be nice. Let's see how it goes.

My wife could be persuaded if you are willing to do some other chores in addition to scribing. LOL.

Thanks again for your offer.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: April 14th, 2017, 6:42 am
Meili wrote: April 14th, 2017, 5:04 am

100 participants would be nice. Let's see how it goes.

My wife could be persuaded if you are willing to do some other chores in addition to scribing. LOL.

Thanks again for your offer.
:)) I have a toddler. I create more chores than I finish.

Glad to help. :)

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I'll play, I like silver rounds!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

mirkwood wrote: April 14th, 2017, 2:16 pm I'll play, I like silver rounds!
Thanks and good luck.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I'll play , cause I always have a plan A. Faith in the Lord B. Food storage C. Metals silver, and rounds with powder

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 14th, 2017, 3:18 pm I'll play , cause I always have a plan A. Faith in the Lord B. Food storage C. Metals silver, and rounds with powder
Don't forget D, a network of like-minded individuals.

Good luck with your guesses.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Reminder...

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Week 1 thread for guessing: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=45320

Make your guesses there.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Did I win yet? :D

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

Interesting that you cant understand the constitution without understanding gold. Amendment 7 says in suits of common law when the value in controversy exceeds $20, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved. $20 isn't much today, but that was 1 oz of gold back then. So the Bill of Rights is based on gold. With us having the fiat money system we have now, a person can be taken to federal court for downloading music and be fined thousands of dollars and have no jury review the case. Crooked system!

When amendment 8 says no excessive bail shall be required, how can excessive bail be determined if the value of money is always changing?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

aspietroll wrote: April 17th, 2017, 7:15 pm Interesting that you cant understand the constitution without understanding gold. Amendment 7 says in suits of common law when the value in controversy exceeds $20, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved. $20 isn't much today, but that was 1 oz of gold back then. So the Bill of Rights is based on gold. With us having the fiat money system we have now, a person can be taken to federal court for downloading music and be fined thousands of dollars and have no jury review the case. Crooked system!

When amendment 8 says no excessive bail shall be required, how can excessive bail be determined if the value of money is always changing?
Sir, keep posting. Your words are music to my ears and a shock to others here who need to hear what you are saying.

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

Silver wrote: April 17th, 2017, 7:46 pm Sir, keep posting. Your words are music to my ears and a shock to others here who need to hear what you are saying.
No. I can't become addicted to internet again lol. But this forum has become sorta a release valve for me, the one day I have posted here.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

aspietroll wrote: April 17th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Silver wrote: April 17th, 2017, 7:46 pm Sir, keep posting. Your words are music to my ears and a shock to others here who need to hear what you are saying.
No. I can't become addicted to internet again lol. But this forum has become sorta a release valve for me, the one day I have posted here.
Well, moderation in all things.

Like this...I'm going to the gym to work out now. Catch you later or tomorrow or soon, friend.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Rules updated on original post of this thread.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BTTT