Charity House in Orem Looking for Donations

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Charity House in Orem Looking for Donations

Post by Rose Garden »

Some friends of mine have purchased this home for the purpose of helping those in need. They did so in faith that the Lord would provide the necessary funding to make this happen. They can't personally cover the costs each month and require ongoing help. If you feel this is a worthy cause, please consider helping them out. They could use monetary donations, or if you live nearby, help fixing up the place.

Orem Charity House

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Charity House in Orem Looking for Donations

Post by Silver Pie »

Looks like they have about 1% of what they need to pay off the house and finish repairs.
https://www.gofundme.com/charity-house

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Yes, on the 13th day of the campaign they had $1300 of $130,000 raised. :D

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Sounds symbolic. We ought to make up some meaning for that. :D

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

And tie it to sinkholes somehow. ;)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Oh, absolutely!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

13 feet behind the house was a sinkhole 1,300 feet diameter and 130,000 feet deep. It took $1300 to $130,000 worth of material to cover it.

Doesn't sound very symbolic, though. FFA, where are you? We need your brilliant mind to come up with a connection.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

=)) =)) =))

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver Pie wrote: March 16th, 2017, 10:05 pm 13 feet behind the house was a sinkhole 1,300 feet diameter and 130,000 feet deep. It took $1300 to $130,000 worth of material to cover it.

Doesn't sound very symbolic, though. FFA, where are you? We need your brilliant mind to come up with a connection.
I suppose all they needed to do was to purchase a massive cover made out of the same material used for trampolines and attach it to heavy duty springs fastened to stakes cemented into the ground around the hole so skydivers would have fun hitting the cover and being projected back high into the sky. They could continue to bounce off the cover and be shot back up into the sky for a few thousand feet and then repeat until they can't bounce any higher than a thousand feet, at which time they deploy their parachute. At that point the cover is peeled back and the skydiver falls into the hole and disappears into darkness until rescuers go down with ropes and helps them to get back to the surface. We don't want any unhappy campers, do we?

Speaking of skydiving into a wide hole:

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Oh, my . . .

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Oh, that is Freakin' cool, FFA. I would never, ever have come up with that. :ymapplause: :ymparty:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

My "freakin' cool" comment was directed towards your trampoline idea, FFA. I have just finished watching the video. I ended up skipping forward a minute or two and doing it again and again, because it was so long. I mean, how long does it take to fall out of a plane and hit the earth? (Apparently 7 or so minutes if you're wearing a parachute.)

I thought they were actually going to go into the hole and wondered why they didn't have gear on to protect them from drowning, but they only landed on the surface. Still it was fun to watch. Thumbs up, my friend, for posting this.