Car Needed

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Car Needed

Post by Rose Garden »

Separatist wrote:
Jules wrote:
shadow wrote:
Jules wrote:I hope that somewhere among the pride and fear of the poor, there will be help for your friend. I wish I had an extra car for her or the money to get her one. I will check back here if I come across some options.
Where's some examples of this "pride and fear of the poor" you speak of.
The very fact that there ARE poor among us. It's in the scriptures, and it's all around us. Jesus; King Benjamin; Joseph Smith - this is nothing new. Either is the pride and fear of the poor that keeps people from loving them.

She's a struggling single mom with health issues and an abusive ex for crying out loud, and yet she's vilified as if she is a criminal, or lazy, or ignorant, or whatever other excuse not to simply extend the pure love of Christ, that is pulled out of someone's back pocket.

Oh but wait - we know much better than that stupid, incompetent woman, and we certainly have the right to correct the Savior and other prophets who told us to provide the needs and wants of the poor, and let them keep on begging.
This is all very manipulative. Throwing guilt on others who don't see it your way. Don't we get enough of that on Sunday's? The pure love of Christ does not equal our back pockets.

I've come to the conclusion that all true charity it local. It ought to be up close and personal, where local parties have local knowledge and act accordingly. Soliciting charity on anonymous internet forums and then berating those who question is damn sick. And the berating always seems to come from those who can't even help themselves. The locals who know her should take care of the issue with other locals who know her.

You work in your part of the vineyard and I'll work in mine. How's that for charity?

Good day.
I believe that giving should generally be kept close to home as well. I used to give to the beggars on the street whenever I saw one. The Spirit would warn me beforehand, tell me which lane to get in as I was driving or tell me to get cash out of my wallet and get it ready, and sure enough, I would see someone standing on a corner with a cardboard sign.

There came a time, though, when I wasn't able to give to the people on the corners anymore and every time I passed them up, I felt sorrow in my heart. One day, as I was passing a person with a sign, the Spirit impressed upon me that those people wouldn't be there if they had family and friends who were looking out for them. After that, I began to focus on doing whatever I could for those I love who needed help, so they never felt like they would have to stand on a corner with a sign. When I pass the people with signs, I send them love and truly say in my heart that I would give if I could, but I can't. I can't because the people I know come first and I just don't have the resources to help everyone. I still give if the Spirit tells me to, or if someone asks me directly themselves. Otherwise, I accept peace knowing that I am doing my best and am not passing anyone up out of pride or selfishness.

True charity is the pure love of Christ. It isn't encased by boundaries of knowing someone or whether or not they live near you. Jesus loves everyone. I believe we can feel love for everyone ourselves. But I do believe that those under our stewardship need to come first when it comes to giving.

There are those who can afford to look outside their immediate circles to give. Additionally, there are those on this forum I feel connected to, who are like family to me. I know people on here have given generously in the past. I hope a few feel inclined to give again. There are so many needs in the world and we can't do much alone. But if we can work together, we could do some great things.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Jezebel wrote:I have a friend in need of a car. I am trying to raise enough to cover a running car, the registration, and 6 months worth of insurance. If you can donate money or a car, please let me know. I live in Utah County.

To donate by card: https://www.youcaring.com/woman-in-need-495694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you would like to donate via paypal, you can send it to: rosefromarock@yahoo.com. (Please include a note stating the purpose)

Or you can send a donation to:
1274 North State Street #5
Orem, UT 84057
Please note that I have updated the OP with additional donation information.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

How are things going?♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

:) Nothing is happening so far....

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Thought I would bring this up again, best wishes for your friend to get all the help she needs both temporal and spiritual.♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I want to return to this topic and say that I'm coming around to a perspective more like shadow's. I have come to realize that some people will create problems no matter what you do to help and so it is best at times to step back and let them suffer the consequences of their choices. That sometimes is the only thing that is going to help them take a step up.

The idea presented by King Benjamin, I've come to believe, is a "letter" of the law. It is an instruction that if followed, will teach you lessons you need to know. However, I believe there is a time to graduate to a more spirit of law understanding.

When I first began giving, I needed to have a lot of my hang ups about giving cleaned out of me. The giving was for me and so it didn't really matter who I gave to or what I gave, so long as it stretched my perspective. But there comes a time when, if you really truly want to help people, you need to learn additional lessons.

I gave things because I wanted to help others. I began by helping myself. I hope I can now learn what I need to so that I can truly benefit those around me. Sometimes that means telling them no. I'm coming to see that.