Wanted, Independent Journalists (or wanna-bes) wanting to share local news and events (Power in the People)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Wanted, Independent Journalists (or wanna-bes) wanting to share local news and events (Power in the People)

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

I am looking for and willing to entertain payment after a few trial posts for anyone who wants to write daily, original, news posts (not copy and paste) on any topic of their choice that can be considered news worthy.

All feedback is welcome, as this is built to help us all find truth from local people like you and I, outside media and money control.

Where?
https://ilocalize.com/news

Why?
I am not the best when it comes to writing period, but am passionate about truth and have developed this platform per dreams i've had about it for years, which I believe is powerful and a unique approach to news, an approach that I feel can help to rebiuld America with truth on any matter, truth that all to often LACKS with money-driven news and media agencies, and I want to get more traction with more unique content (that's where you come in) to help get to the source of truth with any event... read my about page for insight to my goals with this news section
https://ilocalize.com/news/aboutcontent

How?
https://ilocalize.com/user/register
Register for a free user membership (Activate via email) and post away at your discretion. Send me a message here on the lDSFF or to support@ilocalize.com and I'll review your news post and we can discuss payment if you will post daily at least once on any news topic, and promise to interact with anyone who posts or comments on your new posts.

Requirements?
Simply post of any news events you are interested in. It can be a simple as you are a fan of some local anything and want to write news articles about such, or you have an opinion about police reports, events in the world, etc. The idea is I want to capture your unique perspective on local events in your area you are familiar with, such that others can then come weigh in and comment, vote, and submit their own version of the same event or topic such that the most weighted posts will be seen first (see the about page link above for more info)
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on March 8th, 2015, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Wanted, Independent Journalists (or wanna-bes) wanting to share local news and events

Post by mes5464 »

BalaamDoctrineLDS, did you make this whole site?

It is pretty good. Now, if people will just use it.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Re: Wanted, Independent Journalists (or wanna-bes) wanting to share local news and events

mes5464 wrote:BalaamDoctrineLDS, did you make this whole site?

It is pretty good. Now, if people will just use it.
Thanks for asking, and yes, I did, it took an entire year, is a dream of mine I've had for almost a decade, to simplify and take out the pains of classifieds, housing, cars, services, projects, connecting consumers directly to vendors they want (no more cold leads) etc. (life's needs) with a small social built in twist, all to help feed the need of a TRUER source of truth in news, straight from the people. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :ymblushing:
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on March 8th, 2015, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

I'm mostly excited about the news, as I built in the ability to allow the power of the people vote on accuracy, submit their own versions, and I added weight to votes of accuracy and comments depending on geographic location and accuracy (as peer reviewed) so local people have more weight in a matter vs. some person outside of the news story itself.

Try selling that however to an average person who sees it simply as another news junk wannabe site. Ajax driven ofcourse (not speaking of Ajax on this LDSFF, but the cool dynamic asynchronous power of programming with the help of AJAX, so as to not loose any potential user or business).

So far I have had 25,000+ businesses register organically on the site so I'm on track, now its time to get the users coming, projects going, and soon my own much better Amazon.com (shop) to empower the people not the corporations, rebuilding America from the individual, family, community up.

Oh and did I mention geographic custom preference for all members logged in? see only what you want to see from world down to country down to state down to county down to city of your choice? :D :D :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

BalaamDoctrineLDS wrote:I'm mostly excited about the news, as I built in the ability to allow the power of the people vote on accuracy, submit their own versions, and I added weight to votes of accuracy and comments depending on geographic location and accuracy (as peer reviewed) so local people have more weight in a matter vs. some person outside of the news story itself.

Try selling that however to an average person who sees it simply as another news junk wannabe site. Ajax driven ofcourse (not speaking of Ajax on this LDSFF, but the cool dynamic asynchronous power of programming with the help of AJAX, so as to not loose any potential user or business).

So far I have had 25,000+ businesses register organically on the site so I'm on track, now its time to get the users coming, projects going, and soon my own much better Amazon.com (shop) to empower the people not the corporations, rebuilding America from the individual, family, community up.

Oh and did I mention geographic custom preference for all members logged in? see only what you want to see from world down to country down to state down to county down to city of your choice? :D :D :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

Very cool!
Did you consider using the Deep Web?
Did you consider making for mobile devices?

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Re: Wanted, Independent Journalists (or wanna-bes) wanting to share local news and events (Power in the People)

No and yes... Working on mobile version currently.. And as far as the deep web you are speaking of syndicating news data? I'm very picky with making sure it is uniquely custom by raw people...

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Wanted, Independent Journalists (or wanna-bes) wanting to share local news and events (Power in the People)

Post by BroJones »

Nice site! I went ahead and registered (as PhysicsProf, my name on some alternative energy sites).

I have written a brief article that might be considered news-worthy - let me know if you have a chance to read it:

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index. ... g44380#new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
reply #60
  I suppose a guy could look at it as a slap in the face, but I choose rather to consider it as a challenge.  

You see, the BYU Physics Dept. had me scheduled to give a colloquium talk on September 5, 2012, on “Alternative Energy: History and Prospects.” I had been invited to speak and the talk was publicly announced; see screen-copy below.

All winter long, I was so looking forward to speaking to the students, once again to see them and share some exciting news.

However, I was later told that the BYU physics faculty had met apparently some time in March and voted that I would not be allowed to speak after all! What the heck!?!  

Actually, they did not tell me they were going to reconsider nor did any in the BYU physics department inform me afterwards of their decision – until a fellow in Nevada noticed that someone else was scheduled for my day, and then I emailed the department chair to ask what was going on.  Curiously, the chair declined to email an answer even that my colloquium had been cancelled, but would only speak to me verbally.  

Bizarre, I thought, to cancel a BYU Physics colloquium scheduled by a Full Professor of Physics who had served for over 21 years at BYU, and not even tell him you had canceled it!?

OK, so I went to the Chair's office and he informed me that indeed my colloquium had been canceled by vote of the BYU Physics Department faculty.

Wow! What is so controversial about alternative energy?  Especially by a full Professor of Physics (me) who had researched alternative energy for decades!  I taught at BYU for over 21 years, yet they reject me as a colloquium speaker behind my back?  Whoa!  I take that as a challenge to spur my research.

I was going to talk about over three DECADES of research regard muon-catalyzed fusion and its daughter “cold fusion” aka “geo-fusion”/ along with other non-conventional alternative energy approaches. After all I had published in Scientific American (July 1987) and the British journal Nature (May 1986 and April 1989) as well as Physical Review Letters on these topics – and indeed I have devoted my career to exploring alternative energy.  (Web-page http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Undaunted, I gave the talk I was planning to give at BYU a few weeks later at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri.  Yes, they allowed me to speak!  Sure, I discussed muon-catalyzed fusion and geo-fusion/cold fusion and all those supposedly weird yet exciting topics.

I explained that the BYU geo-fusion results, published in Nature in1989, had been put on firm footing in subsequent experiments, with 100% reproducibility in research conducted in Japan and Europe.  [E.g., Czerski, K.; Huke, A.; Biller, A.; Heide, P.; Hoeft, M.; Ruprecht, G. (2001). "Enhancement of the electron screening effect for d+ d fusion reactions in metallic environments". Europhysics Letters 54 (4): 449–455. Quote:  “...the observed enhancement of the electron screening in metal targets can, in tendency, explain the small neutron production rates observed in the cold-fusion experiment of Jones [reference 1989 Nature paper].”

These researchers at Mizzou did not call it “bad science” at all, but listened and commented in scientific fashion.  One of the professors then invited me to speak at the next International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science to be held at that University of Missouri the following summer.  I accepted and spoke and greatly enjoyed meeting with colleagues in this ongoing research.
[Jones, Steven E. "Empirical Evidence for Two Distinct Effects: Low-level d-d Fusion in Metals and Anomalous Excess Heat". 18th International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science. University of Missouri.]

To be fair, some of this research is cutting-edge and therefore controversial.  I noted that Dr Harvey Fletcher, another BYU graduate, had puzzled over Moray's device, and admitted he could not deny it nor explain it.  Cutting-edge research is often “out of the box.”

I welcome the challenging nature of research that can benefit humanity with a NEW untapped energy source.  And I see nothing wrong with openly discussing these studies with students, at BYU and the University of Missouri and elsewhere.  Students are sharp and can decide for themselves what lines of research to pursue.  They don't have to be “coddled and protected” from research colloquiua as if they cannot think for themselves.

After my talks at the University of Missouri, the St. Joseph News-Press covered my alternative energy research responsibly: http://www.newspressnow.com/news/local_ ... 6c131.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I asked a member of the BYU physics faculty about the vote against letting me speak.  He replied that
“I initially advocated for your presentation but changed my mind.”
 And, he explained further,
“I read about Moray device online at http://thmoray.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The information there is not encouraging. The Radiant Energy device looks like bad science: sworn affidavits, anecdotal evidence, affirmations mixed with religious sentiment, a devoted band of true believers, a plea for financial support, assertions of powerful entities trying to suppress information, and no credible scientific explanation, no access to experimental details, and a secret key component that no one can reproduce in spite of "millions" spent in that effort.”
Of course, one of the affidavits was by Dr. Harvey Fletcher, a famous physicist with BYU connections, who gave considerable details about the Moray experiment, hardly “anecdotal evidence.”  True, Fletcher could not explain it, but that does not invalidate his carefully recorded observations of the Moray device. And my talk would cover MUCH more than this one example anyway!

I wrote back to this BYU physics professor:
“1.  Did you think that my talk was about the Moray device only?  ...
A simple email or phone call would have clarified ...
To me, the goal is to get this into the hands of families in third-world countries, as I did with the solar cooker.  It is apparent that you and the department majority are not interested.  Sigh.”

[And] “2.  Would a live demonstration, allowing you and students to take measurements right there, do anything to convince you that a "freedom energy" device [if indeed such exists] is not "bad science"?  Or is your mind made up?”
The Professor's Response:
“Please don’t play games with me. I will not respond to your two numbered questions.
Wow... I'm not sure what games he was referring to, since my questions were sincere and straightforward.  But he refused to respond.  Just wow.  Never had a colleague do that to me before, utterly refusing to respond to two straightforward questions.

To me, this is not a game, but an opportunity for cutting-edge research and a sought-for breakthrough which may benefit humanity for centuries!  I do not claim we are “there” yet – but I do claim there are evidences, “anomalies” I call them, which should be studied out and pursued.  Did you think this was going to be easy, Scott?

OK, I could be offended I suppose – but instead I choose to view this as a challenge, to FIND OUT.  I mean, maybe we can actually show the BYU guys that they are missing something and there IS some real (if “anomalous”) science here.  We certainly have some observations by good scientists  that this is the case.  Perhaps students at BYU and around the world will be allowed to view for themselves, and ponder the evidence in front of them.  It is their world that may be transformed by a game-changing novel energy source.

And so I accept these professorial rejections as a challenge:  Can I/we demonstrate conclusively the existence of a new (untapped) source of useful power and energy?   That is the central issue.  And can we do it by the end of 2015?  

I will be working with colleagues around the globe, such as Professor Jirohta Kasagi of Tohoku University and Dr. Francesco Celani (see photos below, taken at ICCF-18, Univ. of Missouri) and many others including Chet Kremens, Russ Gries, and Mark Vaughn.

As I have repeatedly stated, we are not looking for  “perpetual motion machine” which would be considered “bad science.”  Rather, we are looking for a novel, presently-untapped source of energy - like uranium used to be (before 1900 certainly). We are talking about  an unusual effect that a serious scientist can observe and replicate and study in the laboratory.

I will leave it that – but promise to have the best answer I can based on my research and that of colleagues in the novel/untapped energy field (including geo-fusion), by the end of 2015.  

Stay tuned!
I will be writing further articles about alternative energy developments this year, particularly regarding cold fusion (aka LENR aka geo-fusion).

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

BroJones wrote:Nice site! I went ahead and registered (as PhysicsProf, my name on some alternative energy sites).

I have written a brief article that might be considered news-worthy - let me know if you have a chance to read it:

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index. ... g44380#new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
reply #60
Yes. that is the idea here. I would welcome any of your news/event posts on iLocalize, so yes! Please let me know how you feel about posting them on iLocalize, just know this, because of my SEO knowledge, the posts that are put up on iLocalize are (Depending on saturation of topic online) on page one within a month or so of search engine results.

What ilocalize will allow BroJones is for these BYU professors or anyone who wants to tackel it, submit their own perspective, vote on accuracy and tell the world why theirs is better or vote and comment on yours being the best article.

Any and all feedback, insights, pains, pleasures, worries, critiques, interests are welcome for iLocalize. I am planning on taking it viral through this summer with the hopes of getting more to the truth of any matter in our country, empowering the voice of the people in their communities.

I would absolutely love a news post written by ProPhysics on 9/11 in the form of an independent journalist (that's you). You can copy paste anything you feel to share on iLocalize and I'll make sure it gets attention in the online world. I'm like a child that has access to all this candy (online organic traffic knowhow) but doesn't have the ability to write the content that the traffic deserves...