The Needs Thread

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

The Needs Thread

Post by Rose Garden »

Jules mentioned a while back about starting a thread for free services and other things that people wanted to offer and one for things people need. I haven't seen anything yet, so I thought I'd go ahead and get it started. This is the one for needs.

I really need a new pair of jeans, size 2x, and a sweater or hoodie. (Done)

You can PM me or email me at springofexpression at yahoo dot com.
Last edited by Rose Garden on January 23rd, 2014, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Re: The Needs Thread

Post by Bee Prepared »

I need prayers, prayers for my little autistic Grandson. He has been put in a home, and I am afraid he will never return to us.
His name is Easton Horne. Please help me petition the Lord concerning this little boy. Elder Nelson once said, " some of the most special
spirits come in fragile bodies. I beg you good people for this help. " Merry Christmas" to all of you.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I sure will, Bee.

LatterDaySeeker
Hi, I'm new.

Post by LatterDaySeeker »

Meili, if you can find any of your needs online, please post a link to it here and I would be happy to get it for you.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Thanks, LatterDaySeeker. I sent you a PM.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Ok, I got a request for someone else. Please feel free to post requests for other people that you know of as well.

I know of a person who needs car repairs. One car needs an engine, which I know is a pretty tall order. There are no funds whatsoever to pay for the parts or repairs. The other is a van that shakes when the brake is applied. I'll post more details later when I know what type of vehicles they are.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I'll also post it here, even though there is a separate thread on it. I'm going to Salt Lake to help the homeless on Christmas Eve. I'm looking for volunteers who want to help and donations in cash and goods. Here's the link to the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31359" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Also, here's the link to my donations page where you can find general info on how to donate: http://www.rosefromarock.com/donations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

After the New Year, I will be helping a couple paint in Provo. If anyonr wants to join me, PM me.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Is there anyone who would like to give us a ride on Christmas Eve when we go help the homeless? We are probably going to go to Provo, instead of Salt Lake because we don't want to use all our money on gas. It would be even better if we got a ride from someone willing to help.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

First a note: it seems like anytime I post something on this forum, I usually get it, often by means outside of this forum. I wonder if some of you are practicing the power of prayer on my behalf. If so, thank you. If not, please consider praying for anything anyone asks for if you can't personally help them.

I am wondering if there is anyone in Utah County who would be willing to offer free copying services and materials for political uses. I would like to make a large number of copies to distribute materials about parental rights and information on resources for parents facing a DCFS case.

Oh, and by the way, I also need a reliable car.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Does anyone in Utah County have a vacuum they don't need?

Also, does anyone have yarn they aren't going to use?

I'm still trying to get a car. I know people generally don't have cars just lying around, but I would love if you all would pray that I can get my car.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Are there any chemists on the board? I have a friend who needs a chemist to help with a school project.

MelissaM
captain of 100

Post by MelissaM »

I need a double electric Ameda breast pump for a friend due in June.
Just throwing it out there.

Yukon
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Yukon »

I am so glad there is a thread like this!

Can I ask for prayers and shares? my mother has cancer and we have a fundraiser set up to help her with medical expenses. Here is the link, and if you could take the time to share it, and if you feel so inclined, please make a donation, even a small one!

http://www.gofundme.com/9qll6g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks so much

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Yukon, my prayers to your mother. I have posted the campaign link on my blog: http://www.rosefromarock.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I hope all goes well with her.

Yukon
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Yukon »

Thank you so much!

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

Post by WaitingOnTheLord »

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would make a post here because my kids have a need of clothing and since funds are really low, if anyone has used clothes with some wear still in them, we would be grateful.

I have two boys, aged 9 and 10, they both fit in the same size clothes, about a size 8-10, my kids are in need of anything you can spare.
I have a little girl, she is 5, she fits in size 5-6 clothing.
I have a teen girl, she is 14 and fits in size small women's clothing.

Thank you all so much.

Eva

Yukon
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Yukon »

Eva,

I have a daughter who is 14, she has some things that she does not wear anymore. PM me and we can make arrangements to get them to you

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

Hi Yukon, I am sorry I didn't see your message until now.

I am sending you a PM now.

X

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

Hi everyone, I have had two people contact me, for which we are grateful. They have some much needed clothing for my girls. Do any of you have any unwanted boys clothing for my two little men?

Is there anything YOU need?

I have a few USED books and some LDS music CD'S. Sorry we don't have much to donate we are still living out of suitcases and very basically.

High Desert
Hi, I'm new.

Post by High Desert »

I have some boy clothes for you. PM me your address so I can ship them out.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

WaitingOnTheLord wrote:Hi everyone, I have had two people contact me, for which we are grateful. They have some much needed clothing for my girls. Do any of you have any unwanted boys clothing for my two little men?

Is there anything YOU need?

I have a few USED books and some LDS music CD'S. Sorry we don't have much to donate we are still living out of suitcases and very basically.
What books do you have? I might be interested in them. Am I going to see you this coming weekend?

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

What a wonderful
Thread!!! Is anybody mechanically inclined in Utah county that might help to install a water pump in a truck? We naturally will buy the pump. Also, I have a small amount (a grocery bag or 2) of girls
Clothes Sz 10-12. Does anybody have a 10 yr old who could use a few items of clothing? (They are not new but not garbage either!)
Thanks! :)

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

I have an 11 year old girl who has been asking for her own quad for Over a year. They are not cheap! She really likes the snappy ones. If anybody has one they no longer need or want, that they would be willing to give away or sell for a lower price then I would be very happy to hear from you. I also realize this is a want and not a need, but I thought it was worth a try. Thanks for reading!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Wants are acceptable to list here too. :)