Connor Boyack's organization is hiring - telecommute job

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Connor Boyack's organization is hiring - telecommute job

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I know a lot of you here who would qualify for this! I wish I were in a position to apply for it, but I have other responsibilities.

http://libertasutah.org/about/employment-opportunities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Policy Analyst

As policy analyst for Libertas Institute, you will assist in developing public policy proposals for government in Utah with respect to individual liberty, private property, free enterprise, and “state sovereignty.”

Responsibilities include, but by no means are limited to:

Writing well-researched, well-argued papers with detailed, workable recommendations on many of the complex policy issues facing the state of Utah
Helping Libertas Institute’s recommendations become public policy in Utah through meetings with policymakers, staff and other stakeholders, public testimony, and outreach to the media and the public
Proactively identifying and taking advantage of opportunities where the Institute can impact public policy, such as:
collaboration with various stakeholders, organizations, and state/national think tanks to ensure quality research and recommendations
input into the policy development process of legislative committees and state agencies
generating research and commentary that anticipates and takes advantage of media coverage of the Institute’s issues
Organizing and carrying out the day-to-day activities of the Institute, including planning, managing deadlines, preparing reports, responding to requests, etc.
Drafting model legislation and amendments
Organizing various policy events/activities designed to educate policymakers, stakeholders, the media, and the general public
Supporting other work of the Institute

Qualifications:

Completion of an educational level that, in conjunction with relevant job experience, demonstrates a level of competence in the areas necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of the position. An educational background in political science, economics, or law is preferred.
Excellent writing, editing, and public presentation skills
Understanding of (and personal adherence to) the Institute’s ideals: individual liberty, free enterprise, and private property
Ability to comprehend/analyze complex legislative and fiscal issues
Very strong research capabilities, including being able to distill large data sets and subjects into concise summaries with talking points and persuasive arguments
Well versed in new (social) media
Ability to effectively advocate the Institute’s principles and recommendations

Because Libertas Institute is still fairly new, you will have the opportunity to significantly influence its direction. Your contributions and abilities will play a substantial role in guiding the Institute through its first few years. This is an exciting opportunity to have a large impact!

This is a full time position and while there will be significant telecommuting, you will be required to attend meetings at the Capitol in Salt Lake City, and various other places around the valley.

The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the analyst who takes the position. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and three professional references to:

Connor Boyack, President
[email protected]

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Connor Boyack's organization is hiring - telecommute job

Post by Original_Intent »

I got an email about this and would love to apply, but of course he posts this two months AFTER I find a job! :((

Loving my new job, though, so it's all good I suppose. Would love to work with Connor and Libertas though! (Dream job)

Strawberry
captain of 100

Re: Connor Boyack's organization is hiring - telecommute job

Post by Strawberry »

Thank you Jules for posting this. I'm sharing this with my husband who I believe is well qualified.