Great Retreat/Survival Property

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
tmac
captain of 1,000

Great Retreat/Survival Property

Post by tmac »

If you're looking for a great extended family-sized retreat/survival property, this is one you might want to check out:

http://www.survivalrealty.com/2012/07/s ... w-imp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Great Retreat/Survival Property

Post by BroJones »

SurvivalRealty.com
A directory of listing agents, agencies, and property owners specializing in survival retreats.
NSA/DHS/CIA agents need not apply. Nor take notice.

Raindrop
captain of 100

Post by Raindrop »

Water is key in the dry state of Utah. Our bug-out place has 5 sources of water. Do not underestimate the necessity of water.

Once you have a place, you might think about planting fruit trees, berry bushes, a horseradish patch, anything that will add to your resources. These things do not pop up overnight - get them started as soon as you can.

dennis
captain of 1,000

Post by dennis »

Absolutely spectacular !!! A 2 million dollar property on sale for less than 25% of what owner should be asking. Are you taking those federal reserve notes or real money?
Does it come with any spectacular Goats?

Raindrop
captain of 100

Post by Raindrop »

Another thing I'd do if this were mine (besides planting fruit trees and berries along the stream) is to keep a supply of salt and mineral blocks for attracting wildlife. Set some of them out around the property and don't let them run out. If deer and elk are accustomed to finding a constant supply of salt/minerals here, hunting could be a lot more convenient.

I think goats would love this place! Get working on that goat-proof fencing. :)

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

All good ideas. Water is really, really important. This place has a well, a good, reliable year-round stream, and springs fairly close-by. For the desert, it's got pretty good water supply. My wife spent a bunch of money planting fruit trees and berry bushes 7-8 years ago (before we equipped the well and put in our pipeline), and I hauled water all one summer to make sure they would get a good start, etc., but we didn't take adequate precautions with respect to how much deer like new trees and bushes and the next winter/spring, they wiped them out. We should have replanted, but hadn't got around to it yet. We have run a lot of goats on this place. It has a series of large pens with goat-proof fencing. Our approach has been to essentially tend the goats and/or put them in electric fenced grazing cells during the day, and lock them up tight at night.

We have been working with another family on another property acquisition that has even more productive (farming) capacity. So we have decided to sell this place. Seeing Chuck Baldwin's annual survival list inspired me to post it here on LDSFF.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Where's the closest road to get on I-15?
What are the building codes there?

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Hopefully we know ahead of time when the feathers will hit the fan.

I suspect it may be impossible to travel after the fact. And someone wil likely find and make use of our retreat before we get there.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Where's the closest road to get on I-15?
What are the building codes there?
We can PM and/or e-mail about those kinds of details -- if you're really interested.