Cheap moving services...

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Cheap moving services...

Post by iamse7en »

I am moving across the country in about a month, and I am looking for cheap moving services... I don't have a lot of stuff, big stuff is only like couch, bed, and TV, but do have random junk here and there. Small family of four living in a 2-3 bedroom apartment... Any suggestions of services you have used or have heard about? I was going to compare all prices and features and see what would be best for my situation. E.g. I heard good things about u-pack? Thank you.
Last edited by iamse7en on May 15th, 2012, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Cheap moving services...

Post by BroJones »

My daughter used U-pack and it worked well for her.
OTOH, a good friend put heavy stuff in the truck, food storage iirc, and he had to pay some sort of over-weight charge, which was hefty.

Post by Like »

U-pack was the cheapest last year, my bro in law used them last summer, he is in med school and has no money, I know he shopped around hard to find the best deal.

Where are you moving to?

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

moving is not cheap... 4 to 6 thousand for a small home, most charge by weight, 10 to 20 thousand for big homes where they pack it as well.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Why not use something like U-haul?

gooseguy11
captain of 100

Post by gooseguy11 »

Why not have a yard sale and buy stuff where you go? I would think the cost of moving would more than pay for new furniture. Then just take the more personal items with you. Get a hitch for you vehicle and pull a trailer.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

ABF is cheap. They drop a trailer at your place. You pack it. You pay per the foot of trailer space used. They fill the rest of trailer with another load, deliver the load, then drop the trailer off at destination and you unload. They then pick up trailer.