Freedom Forum Fit Club

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Freedom Forum Fit Club

Post by marc »

Brian, that video is awesome! Jdawg, I haven't heard of it. I'll look into it, though. I have heard about the bad effects of today's wheat, though. it's too bad.

MsEva
captain of 100

Post by MsEva »

coachmarc wrote:Wow, I didn't realize this thread got so many views. Ok, here's some eye candy. Look what I can do!

http://youtu.be/NDyXHzyqqDQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not bad for 43 years old! :)

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: That is awesome.

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

Post by WaitingOnTheLord »

CoachMark, you are crazy fit! Do you follow BodyRock?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thanks, MsEva! :ymhug:

Thanks, WaitingOnTheLord. And I sure don't. Besides, I was doing burpees before they made it cool. B-)

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

Thanks, WaitingOnTheLord. And I sure don't. Besides, I was doing burpees before they made it cool.
LOL, awesome!

I would love to have the core strength you have CM. Is it possible to ever get a flat stomach after bearing children? (I've never had one that I can remember)I used to be fit, cardio exercise 2 hours daily, in morning and evening, now I cant even walk far without being breathless :(

I have a great amount of weight to loose but find time to exercise limited. I am being drawn to raw food, what do you think of raw food lifestyle?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Raw foods are definitely good and healthy. And yes, it is absolutely possible to get a "flat stomach" with the right plan and the determination to execute and finish it.

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

What is it you do CM? Do you personal coach people into health and well being? If so, I would be very inspired to cast this demon slothfulness, of self indulgence and gluttony far from me, I just don't know where to begin. I seem to be always looking after children and husband and never finding time for myself. I think spirituality goes hand in hand with diet and exercise. I have been feeling this strongly lately. Dead food creates a low frequency, Living food is a living high frequency and so can help us vibrate closer to God. (Strange hippy stuff that i believe!)

So, I just dont know where to begin.

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread yet, you probably explain what you do in it.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

More info at my website: http://marcsstrengthfitness.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and also https://www.facebook.com/MarcsStrengthFitness" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a certified personal trainer and also a Team Beachbody Coach.

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

Checking it out...

You DO NOT look like you are in your 40's I would have though late 20's!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

WaitingOnTheLord wrote:Checking it out...

You DO NOT look like you are in your 40's I would have though late 20's!
Well, I am 43 going on 25! :D

Anyway, if you or anyone needs tips on getting started, setting goals, etc, fire away. That's what this thread is for. :ymcowboy:

Etosha
captain of 100

Post by Etosha »

OK - whats a girl to do - I've been following the Weston A Price, cut out processed foods, I only lost 10 lbs after 6 months. I'm in my late 40ies - really late! What do I have to do to get if off! I used to work out all the time, 300 crunches a day, loved ab work, loved upper body exercises but that was aloooooon time ago. I just did a few classes of cross fit and almost died!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Etosha wrote:OK - whats a girl to do - I've been following the Weston A Price, cut out processed foods, I only lost 10 lbs after 6 months. I'm in my late 40ies - really late! What do I have to do to get if off! I used to work out all the time, 300 crunches a day, loved ab work, loved upper body exercises but that was aloooooon time ago. I just did a few classes of cross fit and almost died!
That all sounds great! Now tell me about your eating habits. What do you eat in a typical day and how much?

Etosha
captain of 100

Post by Etosha »

Skip breakfast usually because I leave at 6 am, I have now started protein drinks again for breakfast, grass fed whey. Lunch - sometimes a gourmet taco from Rubio's, sometimes a peanut butter sandwhich on sprouted bread. I eat banana's and raw milk cheese as snacks at work and raw nuts. Dinner - sometimes a protein drink, sometimes a sweet pork burrito from Costa Vida, sometimes pizza - I LOVE pizza, cheese and cold pineapple! Raw milk once a day, ok - more like 3 times a day - it's soooo good! Sourdough bread with pastured butter at least once a day. Hot cocoa sometimes - thats my comfort food!

I used to be a carb eater, I cut out bread until I started weston a price then added 1 piece of sourdough bread a day - I'm thinking I should cut that down to 1/2 piece because they are big. Sometimes I eat 2 or 3 pieces a day when I'm starving and get home from work and don't feel like cooking or there is nothing to eat. I hate veggies!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Etosha, it sounds to me like you are undernourished and are not getting enough macro and micronutrients in your body. You need a minimum amount of calories just to cover your resting/basal metabolic rate. This ensures that all your organs and systems are functioning, being repaired, etc. Beyond that, it's a matter of getting enough to maintain energy requirements. Do you know how many calories you consume each day and also about how many your burn? How active are you in your daily activities and what kind(s) of exercises do you perform and for how long?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

coachmarc wrote:I've been working out for about thirty years. I decided to start this thread to help anyone who is working out to become healthier, fitter, stronger, and leaner. I've recently enjoyed great success with programs like P90X and Insanity so much that I became a Beachbody Coach. My primary passion is barbell work (deadlifts, squats, presses, etc). I am also a certified personal trainer in my early forties and in the best health and shape of my life. I am very committed to reversing the trend of obesity and its related illnesses and diseases around the globe. I have already helped and trained folks in the US, Canada, South America, UK and of course locally with nutrition and exercise.

I'd like to dedicate this thread to you. Feel free to use this thread to ask me any questions you have about getting healthy, getting buff, getting lean, etc. I will be checking in regularly to freely answer questions about exercise and nutrition and help anyone with their own fitness journey. I truly hope that this benefits everyone and that I can be of service. You can also find a growing source of information and articles on my website.

For more info, visit my website: http://marcsstrengthfitness.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow, what a six pack!

Etosha
captain of 100

Post by Etosha »

"Etosha, it sounds to me like you are undernourished and are not getting enough macro and micronutrients in your body. You need a minimum amount of calories just to cover your resting/basal metabolic rate. This ensures that all your organs and systems are functioning, being repaired, etc. Beyond that, it's a matter of getting enough to maintain energy requirements. Do you know how many calories you consume each day and also about how many your burn? How active are you in your daily activities and what kind(s) of exercises do you perform and for how long?"

I have always said eveyone eats more than I do but I gain weight! I have no idea how many calories and I do work 45 hrs a week sitting all day. Right now not very active at all. Too tired! I am taking vitamins again, I take DoTerra supplements and Garden of Life supplements, cod liver oil daily (for the last 4 months).

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Etosha and anyone else who is curious about or would like to know how many calories they need each day and would like to get a FREE assessment and a sample personalized meal plan for one week, please feel free to give my free customized meal planner a test drive. It's fun and actually very educational.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/ ... epId=23024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After you fill out your info (age, height, weight, etc) and submit, the next page will tell you how many calories you need and what kind of meal plan to choose. You can then click on a text link called, "See a sample meal plan." right underneath. If you like what you see and want to give it a test run, you can sign up at the bottom. It costs about $3 per week and you are billed once every three months. Three months is PLENTY of time to develop proper eating habits. If you follow the meal plan, tracking all your nutrition, etc, and stay active, either by working out, or just being active at work, you WILL begin to feel more energy, you'll start feeling stronger, sleep better, and best of all you will begin to lose unwanted body fat because you will be giving your body what it NEEDS to function at optimal levels. It is SO worth it. Besides, we spend more in a DAY on soda pop, candy, and other stuff than you'll spend in a WEEK paying for this meal plan and food tracker. ;)

Feel free to ask me more questions! :ymcowboy:

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

freedomfighter wrote:Wow, what a six pack!
Thanks, bud. Still working 'em out! So...

What do you all think about a "New Year, New You" group? Anyone interested in getting in shape for the new year together? We'll start a support group.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

LOL, no takers? Ok, maybe this might inspire you. Now if an old man like me can move like this, you can get there too!

http://youtu.be/AQ2q99eb7zc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:ymdevil:

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

coachmarc wrote:What do you all think about a "New Year, New You" group? Anyone interested in getting in shape for the new year together? We'll start a support group.
I'm in @-)

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

coachmarc wrote:LOL, no takers? Ok, maybe this might inspire you. Now if an old man like me can move like this, you can get there too!

http://youtu.be/AQ2q99eb7zc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:ymdevil:
Wow! Great vid. count me in.

Etosha
captain of 100

Post by Etosha »

:D OK - New Years New You Group! I'm in

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Awesome!

The 2013 LDSFF New Year, New You Challenge participants so far:

coachmarc
BrianM
DrJones
Etosha

This will be about setting a long term goal as well as at least one short term goal. The purpose of this challenge will simply be to improve our health and fitness. I will provide all the complimentary training, Q&A, etc. I will help you figure out what program you want to try, even if you just want to walk around your block once a day. I want you also to be able to master your nutritional requirements. At first it can be daunting, but over time, it does become easy and almost second nature.

Anyone else?

WaitingOnTheLord
captain of 10

CoachMark, I am in too, this is what I need. This is THE year! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: