Early Election Votes

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Early Election Votes

Post by sadie_Mormon »

What do we do early election votes? Some states have the option for people to vote early. What is the logic behind that?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Early Election Votes

Post by marc »

Getting it over with?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I'd say smaller crowds and less wait on election day is probably the main reason.

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

But don't you think that it's bad since you start to get an idea of who's where days before the actual election day. I would think everyone voting on the same day would make more sense but then again what do I know.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

It makes it easier for them the hack the vote, if wanted.

gr8ideas
captain of 100

Post by gr8ideas »

There are many many of us older folks who cannot stand in long lines to cast a ballot. Absentee voting has made it possible for your grandparents to continue to participate in the process of the republic. All citizens do not fit in the same 30 something box. :ymapplause:

SpeedRacer
captain of 1,000

Post by SpeedRacer »

If you were going to be out of town on Election day...

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Post by sadie_Mormon »

gr8ideas wrote:There are many many of us older folks who cannot stand in long lines to cast a ballot. Absentee voting has made it possible for your grandparents to continue to participate in the process of the republic. All citizens do not fit in the same 30 something box. :ymapplause:

I definitely wasn't speaking about the absentee voting since yes that's a great benefit for those who can't make it into the polls like my parents. I'm more thinking about voting early just your average Joe who has no reason for not making it to the polls.