POLL 2012: Who Are You Voting For President?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.

Who are you voting for President in 2012?

Poll ended at November 4th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Barack Obama (D)
2%
Mitt Romney (R)
47%
Virgil Goode (C)
11%
Gary Johnson (L)
6%
Ron Paul
14%
Other
9%
Not Voting
11%

Total votes: 64
HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Re: POLL 2012: Who Are You Voting For President?

Post by HeirofNumenor »

jbalm wrote:This forum is getting the full court press from the Romney campaign these days.

You mean as opposed to the "Ron Paul or none" crowd? :-?

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

Jbalm,

Fielding
captain of 100

Post by Fielding »

I think a vote for Soetoro will expedite the return of the Savior and spare us a drawn out ordeal.

Mosiah 29
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.

27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Fielding wrote:I think a vote for Soetoro will expedite the return of the Savior and spare us a drawn out ordeal.

Mosiah 29
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.

27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.
True enough, but I am sure you are not supporting boting for evil to expedite the Lord's return? (I have heard that some "Christians" support the war in the middle east because they see it as necessary to fulfilling the end times and hastening the second coming - 'fraid they will have some 'splaining to do...)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Original_Intent wrote:
Fielding wrote:I think a vote for Soetoro will expedite the return of the Savior and spare us a drawn out ordeal.

Mosiah 29

True enough, but I am sure you are not supporting boting for evil to expedite the Lord's return? (I have heard that some "Christians" support the war in the middle east because they see it as necessary to fulfilling the end times and hastening the second coming - 'fraid they will have some 'splaining to do...)
Those who are guilty of attempting to hasten the Lord's return don't understand one thing...the Lord expects, expects his people to wait upon Him. Additionally, the gospel must go to all people around the globe prior to His coming, and we're far from that being fulfilled.

I love those two verses above. We must live our lives ONE DAY AT A TIME...this is all we have. I was counseled to do just that in my PB.

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

If you are planning a write-in vote, consider checking this map first, FWIW...

http://imgur.com/EF2bM

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

linj2fly wrote:If you are planning a write-in vote, consider checking this map first, FWIW...

Our right to vote has lessened. See, we're being controlled by government. This tactic is termed as "steering" which is illegal. We're being maneuvered and guided into a course of action that brings about a different result than we want. By eliminating the option to vote other than those running, we're forced to vote for the lesser of the evils...if we vote at all. Then the option to not vote is enhanced, which is not good because if good people do not vote for righteousness...the people mourn.

Make sense?

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

freedomfighter wrote:
linj2fly wrote:If you are planning a write-in vote, consider checking this map first, FWIW...

Our right to vote has lessened. See, we're being controlled by government. This tactic is termed as "steering" which is illegal. We're being maneuvered and guided into a course of action that brings about a different result than we want. By eliminating the option to vote other than those running, we're forced to vote for the lesser of the evils...if we vote at all. Then the option to not vote is enhanced, which is not good because if good people do not vote for righteousness...the people mourn.

Make sense?
And what happens when the vote becomes so dilluted, nobody wins? It makes sense to have a winner and a loser.

Ron Paul ran on the republican platform, and he didn't make it. What about getting a candidate who has a possibility of winning in the 2 party race? Then perhaps you can make some progress! Running for president 3 times, unsuccessfully, is counter-productive.

Ron Paul,it was said , was the only man who could save this nation and constitution. It has now changed to Virgil Goode or Gary Johnson. The whole thing starts losing credibility. IMHO

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

freedomfighter wrote:

Make sense?
I completely agree, ff. My post was not meant to discourage anyone from doing a write-in, but to merely to add information to the decision making. In '08, if I had known Oregon had a sore loser law, I probably would've voted for Chuck Baldwin instead of writing in RP.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

mes5464 wrote:I am considering Will Christensen.

http://cg2012.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, http://cg2012.org/about/will-christensen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is Will on the ballot in Utah, Idaho, other states? or is he a write-in?

I understand that if one wishes to vote for Ron Paul, it must be as a write-in; correct?

Between the Libertarian and Constitutional party candidates and others, which one (do you find) represents best a "good and wise" man?

D&C 98:10 Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold;

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

DrJones wrote:
mes5464 wrote:I am considering Will Christensen.

http://cg2012.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, http://cg2012.org/about/will-christensen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is Will on the ballot in Utah, Idaho, other states? or is he a write-in?

I understand that if one wishes to vote for Ron Paul, it must be as a write-in; correct?

Between the Libertarian and Constitutional party candidates and others, which one (do you find) represents best a "good and wise" man?

D&C 98:10 Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold;
In studying Goode vs Johnson, they both had some things with which I disagreed, but I liked Johnson better. I searched for someone better and found Will Christensen.
Will Christensen is not on the ballot but is registered as a write-in in Utah. I was planning to write-in Will; however, in the end, I wrote in RP. His voting record made the difference to me. He has proven himself. I don't care that my vote won't be counted in the election. It will be counted where it counts. Also here: http://www.writeinrevolution.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Andrew52 wrote:
freedomfighter wrote:

Make sense?
And what happens when the vote becomes so dilluted, nobody wins? It makes sense to have a winner and a loser.

Ron Paul ran on the republican platform, and he didn't make it. What about getting a candidate who has a possibility of winning in the 2 party race? Then perhaps you can make some progress! Running for president 3 times, unsuccessfully, is counter-productive.

Ron Paul,it was said , was the only man who could save this nation and constitution. It has now changed to Virgil Goode or Gary Johnson. The whole thing starts losing credibility. IMHO
I think what was said was that Ron Paul was our best option. I have noticed you tend to put words in the mouths of those you disagree with, and then argue against this false position - straw man.

Joel Skousen madea good argument for voting either Constitution or Libertarian party at his meeting last night. In Utah, it is a done deal that Romney is going to get all of the electoral votes. Joel says that we will be doing more for the cause of freedom to help third parties appear as viable options than by giving Mitt our vote. I've already voted, so it's a moot point here.

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

That is a typicaL remark. =)) Oh well, its history, thank heavens~

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

From my research, and if I understand correctly, in most states the "sore loser law" doesn't apply to presidential candidates.

"Sore loser laws" designed to foster major-party rule and prevent dissent
See: http://rangevoting.org/BallAccess.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for further understanding.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Andrew52 wrote:

Ours is the responsibility to vote for someone we feel would uphold and defend the constitution. It makes no difference what their face looks like, which party they're in, or the ethnic background they have, only that they must be a US citizen.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Well, I voted, but since it is a mail in ballot, it won't get counted until after the election. And no matter who I voted for, my state will go Obama with the Electoral College. Sad, isn't it?

BTW, I heard that if/when/perhaps Romney is voted in, that he will be in the same liberal Ward and High Priest Quorum that Harry Reid is the High Priest Group Leader of in WA DC. Isn't that a kick? =))

OH, and no matter who is "put in" as (puppet) President, their lives and family will be forfeit if they do not conform.

Oh, and Ron Paul lost the Primary in my state too. I still have my Constitution Course from Cleon Skousen, so Mitt hasn't asked for it from me yet either. Still hoping!

"Freedonfighter", Love your footer!

Sariel
captain of 100

Post by Sariel »

I really didn't expect to see so many people voting for Romney. Hmm.

Rob
the Sunbeam

Post by Rob »

No way I'm voting. Go ahead and read me the riot act about voter apathy, if it makes you feel better. The "dictates of my conscience" tell me to not waste my time, my vote won't count anyway. Disagree? Whatever. =;

Rob
the Sunbeam

Post by Rob »

Azriel wrote:I really didn't expect to see so many people voting for Romney. Hmm.
Oh, but he holds the priesthood. 8-|

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

pritchet1 wrote:Well, I voted, but since it is a mail in ballot, it won't get counted until after the election. And no matter who I voted for, my state will go Obama with the Electoral College. Sad, isn't it?

BTW, I heard that if/when/perhaps Romney is voted in, that he will be in the same liberal Ward and High Priest Quorum that Harry Reid is the High Priest Group Leader of in WA DC. Isn't that a kick? =))

OH, and no matter who is "put in" as (puppet) President, their lives and family will be forfeit if they do not conform.

Oh, and Ron Paul lost the Primary in my state too. I still have my Constitution Course from Cleon Skousen, so Mitt hasn't asked for it from me yet either. Still hoping!

"Freedonfighter", Love your footer!
Thanks. I posted it because Wilford is one of my auntsisters.

jeanpierre
captain of 100

Post by jeanpierre »

I also believe we will be doing more for the cause of freedom to help third parties appear as viable options than by giving Mitt our vote. If Mosiah Hancock heard and recorded correctly what the Prophet said about the American Independent Party, we had best start preparing for that third party.

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

freedomfighter wrote:
Andrew52 wrote:

Ours is the responsibility to vote for someone we feel would uphold and defend the constitution. It makes no difference what their face looks like, which party they're in, or the ethnic background they have, only that they must be a US citizen.
But I really, really like his face. Thats counts, right? ;)

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Lucifer is also perceived as "handsome". More like "Gadianton the 2nd". I hope I'm wrong. I hope he reads and understands the Constitution - and upholds it. One can hope.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

pritchet1 wrote:Lucifer is also perceived as "handsome". More like "Gadianton the 2nd". I hope I'm wrong. I hope he reads and understands the Constitution - and upholds it. One can hope.
We can't discount the fact that he, Romney, could be directed by the Holy Ghost if called upon enough. I doubt BHO would have this opportunity so available to the true followers of Christ. If for no other reason MR could do some good in this country by seeking this guidance.

Along these lines I still can't wrap my mind around this one, Mormon leaders want BHO to succeed, any ideas?:

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

So does President Monson verify in the genealogical records the birthplace of President Obama? :)