POLL 2012: Who Are You Voting For President?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.

Who are you voting for President in 2012?

Poll ended at November 4th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Barack Obama (D)
2%
Mitt Romney (R)
47%
Virgil Goode (C)
11%
Gary Johnson (L)
6%
Ron Paul
14%
Other
9%
Not Voting
11%

Total votes: 64
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: POLL 2012: Who Are You Voting For President?

Post by BroJones »

55 min. Ohio congresswoman challenges the vote-counting in Ohio that gave Bush-Cheney the victory. Congress shoots down a recount.
1h01 Expert finds that there is executable software on the memory card used in Diebold machines; which can be hacked to change the voted count. 1h05ff Diebold officials deny that there is executable software on the memory card used in Diebold machines.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

That is why I submitted a paper ballot by mail. However, apparently the mail-in ballots are not counted until after the election in my state- which will go with the current person occupying the White House, because of all the liberals that live in King County, WA who want a King. They override the rest of the state, which is ultra-conservative.

BTW, the electronic ballot boxes have a preponderance of showing Obama when Romney is voted for this round. And many in our military have already been told they are not allowed to vote. It should be an interesting Tuesday. Who counts the votes is what counts.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

1h14 ff Test with a randomly selected diebold device using a diebold Accu-vote memory card that was hacked (not the device, just the memory card executable software). If Diebold had told the truth (NO exec software) this would be impossible.

Votes at 0 yes 0no at the outset.
6 votes cast for no, 2 votes cast for yes.
End result on the paper tape and the diebold accumulation counter -- 7 votes yes, 1 vote no. No trace of error found by Diebold machines - only a direct comparison with the paper ballots reveals any problem.

Diebold fails the test. Diebold was lying when saying there is no executable software on the memory cards. There is.

I recall an Emery county official challenged the Diebold voting machines. He was (of course) fired.

Pritchet1:
And many in our military have already been told they are not allowed to vote. It should be an interesting Tuesday. Who counts the votes is what counts.
Wow... Why can't military vote? any justification?

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

See http://www.humanevents.com/2012/10/11/h ... cally-low/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and http://www.humanevents.com/2012/10/02/w ... -deadline/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/ ... ting-rolls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

freedomfighter wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:
Fielding wrote:I think a vote for Soetoro will expedite the return of the Savior and spare us a drawn out ordeal.

Mosiah 29
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.

27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.
True enough, but I am sure you are not supporting boting for evil to expedite the Lord's return? (I have heard that some "Christians" support the war in the middle east because they see it as necessary to fulfilling the end times and hastening the second coming - 'fraid they will have some 'splaining to do...)
Those who are guilty of attempting to hasten the Lord's return don't understand one thing...the Lord expects, expects his people to wait upon Him. Additionally, the gospel must go to all people around the globe prior to His coming, and we're far from that being fulfilled.

I love those two verses above. We must live our lives ONE DAY AT A TIME...this is all we have. I was counseled to do just that in my PB.

Which coming? His coming in glory? Or His coming to New Jerusalem? Mount of Olives?

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

DrJones wrote:Interesting... I learned about this documentary at the AVOW site from a post by "vududady" a day ago. That thread has been closed with this statement:
Per the new policy from Christopher, discussions about politics, political candidates, political parties, political platforms, the election, etc. are no longer allowed on AVOW... Sorry

url]http://www.ldsavow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183888[/url]
I like the freedom of speech we currently enjoy at LDS Freedom Forum. Seems that 1st Amendment right is being challenged.

AVOW is a private entity and is thus not bound by First Amendment concerns....and your First Amendment solution is to end your association with them (your First Amendment freedom - it is also theirs).

Good tracking/presenting this documentary on voting machines. :)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:[quote="freedomfighter".
Fielding wrote:I think a vote for Soetoro will expedite the return of the Savior and spare us a drawn out ordeal.

Mosiah 29
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.

27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

Those who are guilty of attempting to hasten the Lord's return don't understand one thing...the Lord expects, expects his people to wait upon Him. Additionally, the gospel must go to all people around the globe prior to His coming, and we're far from that being fulfilled.

I love those two verses above. We must live our lives ONE DAY AT A TIME...this is all we have. I was counseled to do just that in my PB.

Which coming? His coming in glory? Or His coming to New Jerusalem? Mount of Olives?[/quote]

Any and all of His planned arrivals. Doesn't really matter. To many people in the church attempting to pin point these events to the point of drawing up charts and graphs to prove their point. IMO, He'll come when He is darn good and ready and not before. And trying to hasten it is a rather foolish project.
He'll not come before the gospel has reached every creature, and China has millions of prospects yet to hear it.
40 years ago I speculated that the Millennium would begin around 2000; here it 2012. Did my prediction come true? Not hardly, and China is still closed. Why there still has to be a temple built at Adam-ondi-Ahman, and many more events.
On another thread I have been talking about the Last Days, Dispensations and the meanings of "Apex" and Meridian" It's been a delightful discussion. It isn't about timelines, rather, it is about why now is called the last days and why we don't know much about the last days prior to the world's end. One has to visit the thread to get the bigger picture.

Nevertheless, I don't think Christ will be coming for a long time yet. And me trying to speculate any sooner is nothing more than attempting to hasten it.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Actually China is doing quite well, not really "closed". I have posted data to that effect elsewhere on this forum. It is not common knowledge. The gospel is being spread family by family by the thousands there.

Christ has "come" many times in this dispensation, just not to everyone. I look forward to the glory thing, however and the way this country has been going, it may happen sooner rather than later.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

DrJones wrote:
mes5464 wrote:I am considering Will Christensen.

http://cg2012.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, http://cg2012.org/about/will-christensen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is Will on the ballot in Utah, Idaho, other states? or is he a write-in?

I understand that if one wishes to vote for Ron Paul, it must be as a write-in; correct?

Between the Libertarian and Constitutional party candidates and others, which one (do you find) represents best a "good and wise" man?

D&C 98:10 Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold;
Will is only on the Oregon ballot, and not as a write-in.
Here is a list from the Constitutional platform. Being an Oregonian this may just be the ticket for my vote.

http://cg2012.org/2012/08/19/presidenti ... te-oregon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Regarding Absentee - ballots - http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ ... -john-fund#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regarding non-Citizen Votes - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/las-veg ... cast-vote/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regarding Super Tuesday - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/heres-a ... ion-night/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Update! - Regarding Military votes - http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/s ... ary-voters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I changed my vote to Romney. I realized that there is no constitution to save and that instead we need to vote for the needed evil of a oppressive government. Both candidates endorse this overtly strong governmentm but at least one is (at least nominaly) a priesthood holder. It is my hope that he'll awaken. :-s

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

More on Diebold...... http://awakeandarise.org/article/Diabold.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and plenty of info on how it has been used in Utah to control outcomes in local/state elections.....

another site here.... http://www.blackboxvoting.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

SmallFarm +1 Yes, He can repent. I hope he does.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Ha! Drudge is showing Wyoming going for Obama. That would be cold day in hades!!!!

Edited to add: They finally changed it.
Last edited by BringerOfJoy on November 6th, 2012, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I went to vote this morning and looked at the ballot and looked at it, changed my vote and changed it again. The Constitution will not be saved by Mitt Romney or Obama or anyone else except for the Elders of the church. Not the leaders in Babylon or the Elders in Babylon. I believe that only Elders with their eyes focused on building Zion will save it as Joseph Smith prophecied. Four years ago I wanted to vote for Mitt and I would have gladly done it because I knew the economy was in ruins. Since then, I realize that how well off I am today is irrelevant and how I choose to focus on Zion is entirely relevant. Needless to say, I've stepped out from Babylon and am focused solely on preserving the Constitution and renouncing war, proclaiming peace and tending to all my duties as an elder, including laboring in my callings and attending the temple every week. Babylon, I bid thee farewell.

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

+1 coachmarc.

Love the song, too....

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

It looks like we're stuck with Obama for four more years. It's very disturbing but I can only surmise that our country deserves what it gets, because according to the Book of Mormon, when the majority of the people are wicked, they support wicked leaders.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Currently 162-162, with Senate being 46 D, 42 R thus far...

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

linj2fly wrote:+1 coachmarc.

Love the song, too....

Thank you for sharing that! I'm listening to that channel now. Lots of great hymns! :)

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

Looks like nothing is going to change. Dems will keep the senate too.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Watch this closely - http://www.politico.com/2012-election/m ... dent/2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

This moment:
Politico.com showing: Obama 158, Romney 186
Foxnews.com: Obama 244, Romney 193 (including projections)
Cnn.com: Obama 237- Romney 206 (including projections)

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Obama has it per Fox.

(He got Ohio).

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Looks like your going to end up with one of those situations where the guy who wins the popular vote loses the election. Rather like what happened in 2000.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

Didn't quite end up that way. Maybe it was in the Lord's interest that more of the Saints finally wake up. Only time will tell.