Ron Paul runs - Ron Paul Wins!

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Re: Ron Paul runs - Ron Paul Wins!

Post by uglypitbull »

:ymapplause:

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Thank you, guys! Truth is unconquerable; it always wins, because it is of God, and HE ALWAYS wins! And so will we if we are on HIS side.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Government Security is Just Another Kind of Violence
by Ron Paul

The senseless and horrific killings last week in Newtown, Connecticut reminded us that a determined individual or group of individuals can cause great harm no matter what laws are in place. Connecticut already has restrictive gun laws relative to other states, including restrictions on fully automatic, so-called “assault” rifles and gun-free zones.

Predictably, the political left responded to the tragedy with emotional calls for increased gun control. This is understandable, but misguided. The impulse to have government “do something” to protect us in the wake national tragedies is reflexive and often well intentioned. Many Americans believe that if we simply pass the right laws, future horrors like the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting can be prevented. But this impulse ignores the self evident truth that criminals don't obey laws.

The political right, unfortunately, has fallen into the same trap in its calls for quick legislative solutions to gun violence. If only we put armed police or armed teachers in schools, we’re told, would-be school shooters will be dissuaded or stopped.

While I certainly agree that more guns equals less crime and that private gun ownership prevents many shootings, I don’t agree that conservatives and libertarians should view government legislation, especially at the federal level, as the solution to violence. Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets. We cannot reverse decades of moral and intellectual decline by snapping our fingers and passing laws.

Let’s not forget that our own government policies often undermine civil society, cheapen life, and encourage immorality. The president and other government officials denounce school violence, yet still advocate for endless undeclared wars abroad and easy abortion at home. U.S. drone strikes kill thousands, but nobody in America holds vigils or devotes much news coverage to those victims, many of which are children, albeit, of a different color.

Obviously I don’t want to conflate complex issues of foreign policy and war with the Sandy Hook shooting, but it is important to make the broader point that our federal government has zero moral authority to legislate against violence.

Furthermore, do we really want to live in a world of police checkpoints, surveillance cameras, metal detectors, X-ray scanners, and warrantless physical searches? We see this culture in our airports: witness the shabby spectacle of once proud, happy Americans shuffling through long lines while uniformed TSA agents bark orders. This is the world of government provided "security," a world far too many Americans now seem to accept or even endorse. School shootings, no matter how horrific, do not justify creating an Orwellian surveillance state in America.

Do we really believe government can provide total security? Do we want to involuntarily commit every disaffected, disturbed, or alienated person who fantasizes about violence? Or can we accept that liberty is more important than the illusion of state-provided security? Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. We shouldn’t settle for substituting one type of violence for another. Government role is to protect liberty, not to pursue unobtainable safety.

Our freedoms as Americans preceded gun control laws, the TSA, or the Department of Homeland Security. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference, not by safety. It is easy to clamor for government security when terrible things happen; but liberty is given true meaning when we support it without exception, and we will be safer for it.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Ron Paul On The Fiscal Cliff: “We Have Passed The Point Of No Return”

"In a little under three minutes, Ron Paul explains to a somewhat nonplussed CNBC anchor just how ridiculous the charade that is occurring in D.C. actually is. This succinct spin-free clip should be required viewing for each and every asset-manager, talking-head, propagandist, and mom-and-pop who are viewing the last-minute idiocy of the ‘fiscal cliff’ debacle with some hope that things will be different this time.
“We have passed the point of no return where we can actually get our house back in order,” Paul begins, adding that “they pretend they are fighting up there, but they really aren’t. They are arguing over power, spin, who looks good, who looks bad; all trying to preserve the system where they can spend what they want, take care of their friends and print money when they need it.” With social safety nets available to rich and poor, there is no impetus for change and “the country loses,” but Paul concludes, the markets are starting to say “there is a limit to this.”"

Starts at 5:45 mark.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/ron-paul-on ... eturn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fundamental Principles of Liberty are the only solution.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Ron Paul With an AR-15

God gives us the rights. Constitution merely repeats them.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Announcing the Ron Paul Homeschool Curriculum

Over the past several weeks I have mentioned that I’ve been at work on a K-12 homeschool curriculum. That wasn’t the whole story. Today I can tell you the whole story: it is the Ron Paul Homeschool Curriculum.

There is nothing like this curriculum anywhere. Here are just a few of the factors that set it apart.

(1) Grades K-5 will be available for free. You have six years to try out the program without having to spend a dime.

(2) Students will learn the origins and travails of liberty in the Western world and in the United States in particular.

(3) Students will learn the economics of the Austrian School.

(4) Students can learn at their own pace. If they’re advanced and move more quickly, they can quiz out of the first two years of college and enter college as juniors.

(5) The emphasis in this program is not simply on teaching from a different point of view, or teaching material that no other school or curriculum offers, although the Ron Paul Curriculum does both of these things. But it also emphasizes oral and written communication, so that students will be able to spread and defend their ideas effectively. Students will have their own blogs, start YouTube channels, and even learn the basics of video production, website design, and Internet marketing.

(6) It’s cheap. For access to the forums, it’s $250 per year. Each course is just $50. No textbooks — they’re awful, and we use pdfs and primary documents to teach students — so you’ll save hundreds of dollars that way as well.

(7) Parents who wish they’d had the chance for this kind of education can listen to the lectures their children are hearing. We’ve made them of a length that works well with the average commute.

By September 2, we expect to have the material for grades 6-10 available. We’ll continue to add grades until December 2015 — our target date — when we expect to have the entire K-12 curriculum finished.

My own role will be to teach high school courses in Western civilization, the U.S. Constitution, government, and the history of American wars. All the courses on the site are available as part of the overall curriculum or a la carte, for those who would like individual courses.

These courses are centered around a 36-week schedule, five lessons (25 minutes each) per week per course. This means that for each course I will need to record 180 lessons. If you are wondering why I have not found the time to answer your email lately, I hope you will understand now. I have dropped not quite everything, but quite a bit in order to focus on this.

Here’s my three-minute pitch:

The website officially launched today. Right now the site has an excellent course on high school preparation, which covers such topics as how to study, personal goal-setting, time management, public speaking, speed reading, typing, note-taking and retrieval, software for essay writing, how to set up a YouTube channel, how to set up a WordPress blog site, and that most challenging skill, how to read a book. Between now and September 2 you can join the site and access that course for $25.

This, I am convinced, will prove to be Ron Paul’s most significant contribution to the cause of liberty — and that’s saying something. Please check out RonPaulCurriculum.com, and stay tuned for more news as we move forward with this exciting project.

For people wondering what Ron Paul has been up to since retiring from Congress, then, here’s your answer. And he has more announcements coming.

Tonight Dr. Paul will speak to a very large homeschool convention in Ohio. He has a book coming out on education. This is all part of the same package: Ron Paul’s revolution in homeschooling. Be a part of it.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

LoveIsTruth wrote:Announcing the Ron Paul Homeschool Curriculum

Over the past several weeks I have mentioned that I’ve been at work on a K-12 homeschool curriculum. That wasn’t the whole story. Today I can tell you the whole story: it is the Ron Paul Homeschool Curriculum.

There is nothing like this curriculum anywhere. Here are just a few of the factors that set it apart.

(1) Grades K-5 will be available for free. You have six years to try out the program without having to spend a dime.

(2) Students will learn the origins and travails of liberty in the Western world and in the United States in particular.

(3) Students will learn the economics of the Austrian School.

(4) Students can learn at their own pace. If they’re advanced and move more quickly, they can quiz out of the first two years of college and enter college as juniors.

(5) The emphasis in this program is not simply on teaching from a different point of view, or teaching material that no other school or curriculum offers, although the Ron Paul Curriculum does both of these things. But it also emphasizes oral and written communication, so that students will be able to spread and defend their ideas effectively. Students will have their own blogs, start YouTube channels, and even learn the basics of video production, website design, and Internet marketing.

(6) It’s cheap. For access to the forums, it’s $250 per year. Each course is just $50. No textbooks — they’re awful, and we use pdfs and primary documents to teach students — so you’ll save hundreds of dollars that way as well.

(7) Parents who wish they’d had the chance for this kind of education can listen to the lectures their children are hearing. We’ve made them of a length that works well with the average commute.

By September 2, we expect to have the material for grades 6-10 available. We’ll continue to add grades until December 2015 — our target date — when we expect to have the entire K-12 curriculum finished.

My own role will be to teach high school courses in Western civilization, the U.S. Constitution, government, and the history of American wars. All the courses on the site are available as part of the overall curriculum or a la carte, for those who would like individual courses.

These courses are centered around a 36-week schedule, five lessons (25 minutes each) per week per course. This means that for each course I will need to record 180 lessons. If you are wondering why I have not found the time to answer your email lately, I hope you will understand now. I have dropped not quite everything, but quite a bit in order to focus on this.

Here’s my three-minute pitch:

The website officially launched today. Right now the site has an excellent course on high school preparation, which covers such topics as how to study, personal goal-setting, time management, public speaking, speed reading, typing, note-taking and retrieval, software for essay writing, how to set up a YouTube channel, how to set up a WordPress blog site, and that most challenging skill, how to read a book. Between now and September 2 you can join the site and access that course for $25.

This, I am convinced, will prove to be Ron Paul’s most significant contribution to the cause of liberty — and that’s saying something. Please check out RonPaulCurriculum.com, and stay tuned for more news as we move forward with this exciting project.

For people wondering what Ron Paul has been up to since retiring from Congress, then, here’s your answer. And he has more announcements coming.

Tonight Dr. Paul will speak to a very large homeschool convention in Ohio. He has a book coming out on education. This is all part of the same package: Ron Paul’s revolution in homeschooling. Be a part of it.

So he's gone from running for President of the United States on other people's money...to peddling a home school Libertarian indoctrination program....that naturally pushes the Libertarian philosophy and their biased version of history...and little else (so far...)

Ron Paul's Home Schooling Curriculum Will Turn Your Kid into a Little Ron Paul
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... lum/64047/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and run by Tom Woods and Gary "the assassin" (Cheerleader for Hitler's Economics - http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north891.html;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://realcurrencies.wordpress.com/201 ... len-brown/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) North...
Ron Paul Announces “Phase 2 of the Revolution”: a New Homeschooling Program

The Ron Paul Curriculum program will not grade students’ work or issue report cards or diplomas. By avoiding these activities, North writes, the program remains strictly informational, and as such is protected by the First Amendment (at least for now). If it began acting like an educational institution, he maintains, it could then be regulated by state governments. “I regard all such regulations as an illegitimate infringement on the right of parents to educate their children,” says North. “Any compromise here, philosophically speaking, is a compromise with tyranny.” For similar reasons, the school will not seek accreditation.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/e ... ng-program" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course with Gary's Libertarian bias on history and our governing documents...most notably the Constitution...
The difficulties some people complained of under the Articles were trivial in comparison to what Americans suffer under its successor document. It’s time we acknowledged this, instead of thoughtlessly repeating the complaints against the Articles we learned by rote in junior high.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... stitution/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...which is completely opposite of what Elder Oaks had to say about it...

The Divinely Inspired Constitution
http://www.lds.org/ensign/1992/02/the-d ... n?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...one of them is right and the other is off his rocker because you can't reconcile the two perspectives...

...perhaps will see it take off with lots of little future Libertarian weenies eating up and propagating Gary's indoctrination (at least that's what the goal appears to be)...

...ignoring the reality that there is home school education programs light years ahead of their politically and historically biased version....
http://www.connectionsacademy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course if you do like that Libertarian twist...Tom comes highly endorsed...

“During these times that challenge our freedoms there is no one more qualified to make U.S. history relevant to the fight against big government than Thomas Woods.”
-Barry Goldwater Jr.
Former Member of Congress
Goldwater remains a loyal party man and told Human Events last week he is now a strong Mitt Romney booster.

“We made a good, hard run at it but we’re a two-party nation, so I’m with Romney,” Goldwater told us. . He recalled how “my Dad used to say ‘Get ‘em in, then work on ‘em’ and that’s what I hope to with Romney.” As for Paul’s refusal to say who he will support, Goldwater reminded us “his son (Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul) is for Romney, and that’s pretty important.”
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/09/21/b ... to-romney/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHICAGO (AP) _ Prosecutors say the last known contact with a woman missing since November was a call to Barry M. Goldwater Jr., son of the U.S. senator from Arizona, who says he was ''romantically involved'' with the woman.

Loretta Clark Guinan, 27, disappeared after agreeing to testify against her estranged husband, attorney Michael J. Guinan, before a federal grand jury.

Goldwater, a former congressman now working as an investment banker in Los Angeles, said Mrs. Guinan promised to meet him the next day. ''But that's the last I ever heard from her,'' he said.
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1985/Barry ... 6cffa02cf1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Barry Goldwater Jr., the son of the U.S. Senator from Arizona, testified in federal court Friday that he once was ``romantically involved`` with the missing wife of Michael Guinan, a convicted Chicago attorney who is considered a prime suspect in her disappearance.

Later, Algis Baliunas, Guinan`s attorney, suggested that Loretta Guinan used cocaine, regularly dated other men while she was married to Guinan and accepted cash from Goldwater to pay her bills.

Goldwater, a former congressman from Los Angeles who is now an investment banker, said he spent the night with Loretta Clarke Guinan about eight times a month during business trips he made to the Chicago area in the summer and fall of 1984.

When questioned by Assistant U.S. Atty. Joseph Duffy, Goldwater said the last time he heard from Mrs. Guinan was when she phoned him at her North Side apartment late at night on Nov. 4, 1984, and told Goldwater she ``was scared and frustrated and didn`t know what to do.``

Guinan, who regularly represented members of the infamous drug-dealing Herrera family, was charged with using dozens of phony names, such as Clark Kent and Robert Redford, and setting up bogus corporations in an attempt to hide cash income from the IRS.

Guinan originally was indicted in April, 1984, and the trial was scheduled for last fall. He had married Loretta Clarke in 1984 on his birthday, Jan. 4, after divorcing his first wife.

During the summer the couple separated, and Loretta agreed to testify against her husband before the federal grand jury. She refused an offer of government protection and was last seen just before she told prosecutors she was going to pick up some belongings from her estranged husband.

Guinan fled and was arrested April 22 in San Diego as he was about to go jogging.

Goldwater was one of 10 witnesses called to testify by Duffy and co-prosecutor Thomas Durkin in an effort to convince U.S. District Judge William Hart that the defendant has a history of wrongdoing and should receive a harsh sentence.

Goldwater said he flew to Chicago Nov. 4, 1984, and went immediately to Loretta Guinan`s apartment at 1111 N. Dearborn St., used a spare key to enter and waited until about 11:30 p.m., when she called him from a telephone booth. ``It was obvious she was scared and did not know what to do, and I was getting angry and tried to provoke her into coming home,`` Goldwater said.

``She did not sound herself. She kept repeating herself, and I got the feeling someone was standing next to her.``

Goldwater said he never saw or heard from her again.

When questioned by Baliunas, Goldwater said he met Loretta Guinan at a birthday party for one of her friends at a North Side nightclub in June of 1984. He said they subsequently spent numerous nights together during his trips to Chicago.

Goldwater said he gave her ``several hundred dollars to help her out with some of her bills.`` He conceded that she regularly dated other men and that he knew she was married, but he denied that she used cocaine.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985 ... rt-testify" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Junior was an Arizona congressman from 1969 to 1983, opened his own consulting firm after that in Beverly Hills, and served as a member of the New York Stock Exchange. In his biography at http://www.barrymgoldwaterjr.com/BMGBiography.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, there is no mention of his participation in a company pushing tribute coins. However, at http://www.nationalcollectorsmint.com/meetbarry.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, you can see the smiling face of Barry M. Goldwater, Jr., director and numismatist.

And who owns National Collector’s Mint? Well, none other than Avram Freedberg, the owner of Dirty Dick’s Dynamite Discount Den, a company in Stamford, Connecticut, that was raided in 1988 for selling pornography. After agreeing to close the business and paying a $600,000 fine, Freedberg avoided jail time and moved on to this new venture.

In 2004, his company marketed Freedom Tower Silver Dollars (coincidentally, also sold for $19.95) which were purportedly made from silver bars recovered from the rubble of the World Trade Center collapse. See what a New Times opinion piece and article had to say about Freedberg's attempt to capitalize on the September 11, 2001 event.

Freedberg followed up with a presidential coin featuring Barack Obama on one side and Abraham Lincoln on the other. That minting was even more premature than the Nobel Peace Prize Committee’s decision last year, although both share a common element: naked opportunism.

Still tempted to cash in on this excellent deal for investors and collectors?
http://randyhuntcpa.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -with.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

You should talk bout doctrine. You are talking garbage instead.

Ron Paul is doctrinally correct, you are doctrinally wrong.

Moving on.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

LoveIsTruth wrote:You should talk bout doctrine. You are talking garbage instead.

Moving on.
I'll take my chances with Elder Oaks perspective...good luck with yours!

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Legion wrote:
LoveIsTruth wrote:You should talk bout doctrine. You are talking garbage instead.

Moving on.
Doctrine and Covenants 76:100,101

These are they who say they are some of one and some of another—some of Christ and some of John, and some of Moses, and some of Elias, and some of Esaias, and some of Isaiah, and some of Enoch; But received not the gospel, neither the testimony of Jesus, neither the prophets, neither the everlasting covenant.

You talk about "Elder Oaks' perspective," yet you are clueless about fundamental and eternal principles of Liberty that come from God himself.

That is stupid. Good luck with that.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Legion wrote:

Moving on.
LoveIsTruth wrote:Doctrine and Covenants 76:100,101

These are they who say they are some of one and some of another—some of Christ and some of John, and some of Moses, and some of Elias, and some of Esaias, and some of Isaiah, and some of Enoch; But received not the gospel, neither the testimony of Jesus, neither the prophets, neither the everlasting covenant.

You talk about "Elder Oaks' perspective," yet you are clueless about fundamental and eternal principles of Liberty that come from God himself.

That is stupid. Good luck with that.
Speaking of God and fundamental principles......
According to the laws and constitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the brights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles;

That every man may act in doctrine and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral agency which I have given unto him, that every man may be accountable for his own sins in the day of judgment.

Therefore, it is not right that any man should be in bondage one to another.

And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testam ... ang=eng#79" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Among the majority who favored continued independence, the most divisive issue was whether the United States should have a strong central government to replace the weak “league of friendship” established by the Articles of Confederation. Under the Confederation of 1781, there was no executive or judicial authority, and the national Congress had no power to tax or to regulate commerce. The thirteen states retained all their sovereignty, and the national government could do nothing without their approval. The Articles of Confederation could not be amended without the unanimous approval of all the states, and every effort to strengthen this loose confederation had failed.

Congress could not even protect itself. In July 1783, an armed mob of former Revolutionary War soldiers seeking back wages threatened to take Congress hostage at its meeting in Philadelphia. When Pennsylvania declined to provide militia to protect them, the congressmen fled. Thereafter Congress was a laughingstock, wandering from city to city.

Unless America could adopt a central government with sufficient authority to function as a nation, the thirteen states would remain a group of insignificant, feuding little nations united by nothing more than geography and forever vulnerable to the impositions of aggressive foreign powers. No wonder the first purpose stated in the preamble of the new United States Constitution was “to form a more perfect union.”
http://www.lds.org/ensign/1992/02/the-d ... n?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We have recently celebrated the bicentennial of the signing of the United States Constitution. That commemoration marked the beginning of a series of bicentennial anniversaries of events leading up to the ratification of the Constitution, implementation of the government it created, and the writing and ratification of the Bill of Rights. We look forward to the future commemoration of each of these important events during the next four years. It is as a result of these events that we are able to meet today in peace as members of the restored Church of Jesus Christ. For this we should all be eternally grateful.

I desire, therefore, to speak to you about our divine Constitution, which the Lord said “belongs to all mankind” (D&C 98:5; italics added) “and should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles” (D&C 101:77; italics added).

The Constitution of the United States has served as a model for many nations and is the oldest constitution in use today.

Our Father in Heaven planned the coming forth of the Founding Fathers and their form of government as the necessary great prologue leading to the restoration of the gospel. Recall what our Savior Jesus Christ said nearly two thousand years ago when He visited this promised land: “For it is wisdom in the Father that they should be established in this land, and be set up as a free people by the power of the Father, that these things might come forth” (3 Ne. 21:4). America, the land of liberty, was to be the Lord’s latter-day base of operations for His restored church.
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1 ... n?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Constitution—A Glorious Standard
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1 ... d?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No constitution on earth has endured longer than this one. We seek, and usually find, the answers to today’s questions in this document of yesterday. It was and is a miracle. Both Washington and Madison referred to it as such. It is an inspired document written under the guidance of the Lord. James Madison, commonly called the father of the Constitution, recognized this inspiration and gave the credit to “the guardianship and guidance of the Almighty Being whose power regulates the destiny of nations, whose blessings have been so conspicuously dispensed to this rising republic.” (Petersen, Prologue, p. 95.)

We believe that the Constitution was brought about by God to ensure a nation where liberty could abound and where his gospel could flourish. Joseph Smith said, “The Constitution of the United States is a glorious standard—it is founded in the wisdom of God—it is a heavenly banner.” (Petersen, Prologue, p. 75.)
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1 ... d?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...........contrasted with........

The Constitution was a rejection of the rule of God for the rule of man
Gary North, Moses and Pharoah, Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1985

The U.S. Constitution: Tool of Centralization and Debt, 1788-Today
http://www.garynorth.com/public/7833.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Revolutions in the past have been through the centralization of power. The one exception to this was the American Revolution, but that exception only lasted for five years: 1783—1788. The Constitution centralized power enormously in comparison to the Articles of Confederation. After 1788, the process of centralization increased relentlessly. There is not a single period in American history from 1789 until this year in which there was any serious reduction of Federal power.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north786.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The difficulties some people complained of under the Articles were trivial in comparison to what Americans suffer under its successor document. It’s time we acknowledged this, instead of thoughtlessly repeating the complaints against the Articles we learned by rote in junior high.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... stitution/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The Constitution was a largely inspired document but it was imperfect. The Founders themselves said that. They said they looked forward to the day when the Constitution will be IMPROVED.

The Constitution contained the seeds of its own destruction firmly planted in it. These seeds were slavery and violation of Liberty and Justice via violation of Private Property, via twin abominations of public taxation and public regulation of Private Property.

Private Property is Liberty. Violation of Private Property is violation of Liberty and is the definition of injustice. Public taxation of Private Property is THEFT, legal plunder, institutionalized injustice, aggressive violence, which is evil by definition.

If Liberty, Justice, this country, and the Constitution for that matter, are to survive in this land, these gross errors in the Constitution must be corrected.

Read more here: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 09#p352509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

LoveIsTruth wrote:The Constitution was a largely inspired document but it was imperfect. The Founders themselves said that. They said they looked forward to the day when the Constitution will be IMPROVED.

The Constitution contained the seeds of its own destruction firmly planted in it. These seeds were slavery and violation of Liberty and Justice via violation of Private Property, via twin abominations of public taxation and public regulation of Private Property.

Private Property is Liberty. Violation of Private Property is violation of Liberty and is the definition of injustice. Public taxation of Private Property is THEFT, legal plunder, institutionalized injustice, aggressive violence, which is evil by definition.

If Liberty, Justice, this country, and the Constitution for that matter, are to survive in this land, these gross errors in the Constitution must be corrected.

Read more here: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 09#p352509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I reckon its good to know which side of the fence you fall on...for better or worse.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Indeed. I will stay with Liberty, Justice and good. You choose for yourself, however. But remember you will receive your reward of him whom you list to obey.

Thanks.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The IRS’s Job Is To Violate Our Liberties[/size]
by Ron Paul

http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul860.html

"While it is important for Congress to investigate the most recent scandal and ensure all involved are held accountable, we cannot pretend that the problem is a few bad actors. The very purpose of the IRS is to transfer wealth from one group to another while violating our liberties in the process. Thus the only way Congress can protect our freedoms is to repeal the income tax and shutter the doors of the IRS once and for all."

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

US Egypt Policies Don't Pass the Laugh Test

By Ron Paul on July 6, 2013

A military coup in Egypt yesterday resulted in the removal and imprisonment of the elected president, Mohamed Morsi, a closure of media outlets sympathetic to him, the house arrest of his advisors, and the suspension of the constitution. The military that overthrew Morsi is the main recipient of the $1.3 billion yearly US aid package to Egypt. You could say that the US “owns” the Egyptian military that just overthrew its democratically-elected leader.

The hypocrisy of the US administration on these events in Egypt is stunning. As the New York Times reported:
  • President Obama urged the military to move quickly to return Egypt to a democratically elected government, saying, ‘We are deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsi and suspend the Egyptian Constitution.’ The president notably did not refer to the military’s takeover as a coup – a phrase that would have implications for the $1.3 billion a year in American military aid to Egypt.
Well, Egypt had a democratically-elected government, but it was overthrown by the US-funded Egyptian military!

Let’s review US policy toward Egypt to see the foolish hypocrisy of the government’s interventionism: First the US props up the unelected Hosni Mubarak for decades, spending tens of billions of dollars to keep him in power. Then the US provides assistance to those who in 2011 successfully overthrew Mubarak. Then the US demands an election. The Egyptians held an election that was deemed free and fair and shortly afterward the US-funded military overthrows the elected president. Then the US government warns the military that it needs to restore democracy – the very democracy that was destroyed by military coup! All the while the US government will not allow itself to utter the word “coup” when discussing what happened in Egypt yesterday because it would mean they might have to stop sending all those billions of dollars to Egypt.

All this they do with a straight face. We are not supposed to notice the insanity of their foreign policy.

This originally appeared at the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity.

See the Ron Paul File

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Thank You, Tim Russert! (Ron Paul & Truth vs. Lincoln)

By Jonathan Goodwin
Bionic Mosquito
July 15, 2013

Recently at LRC, the headline article is by Tom DiLorenzo, entitled “Why Neocons Are Freaking Out Over Lincoln.” It is a worthwhile read; yet one sentence really caught my attention. This one sentence reminded me of the kind praise I have for Mr. Russert. From DiLorenzo:
  • The neocons are still punch drunk, in other words, from how the Ron Paul phenomenon, during the congressman’s two attempts at securing the Republican Party presidential nomination, captured the imaginations of millions of young people and continues to do so.
Many will remember Ron Paul’s visit to “Meet the Press” during his presidential run in 2007. This was just after the two large money bombs, but before any primaries were held.

Russert’s purpose in this interview was the “gotcha,” throwing out statements and questions that were unquestioned in the mainstream – the various myths that prop up the American religion. Russert’s task was obvious from his method – make it clear to so-called serious voters that Ron Paul is a flake.

Most memorable was the exchange regarding Lincoln:

MR. RUSSERT: I was intrigued by your comments about Abe Lincoln. “According to Paul, Abe Lincoln should never have gone to war; there were better ways of getting rid of slavery.”

REP. PAUL: Absolutely. Six hundred thousand Americans died in a senseless civil war. No, he shouldn’t have gone, gone to war. He did this just to enhance and get rid of the original intent of the republic. I mean, it was the–that iron, iron fist.

MR. RUSSERT: We’d still have slavery.

REP. PAUL: Oh, come on, Tim. Slavery was phased out in every other country of the world. And the way I’m advising that it should have been done is do like the British empire did. You, you buy the slaves and release them. How much would that cost compared to killing 600,000 Americans and where it lingered for 100 years? I mean, the hatred and all that existed. So every other major country in the world got rid of slavery without a civil war. I mean, that doesn’t sound too radical to me. That sounds like a pretty reasonable approach.

I am certain that after the interview, Russert got one big bro hug from his fellow gatekeepers. They felt certain they had buried the man. There is no doubt that every effort was taken to do just this, both in 2008 and 2012. However, instead of burying Dr. Paul, I suggest that what Russert and his cohorts did was to make him eternal.

The video of this interview was viewed hundreds of thousands of times. My guess is that 1% of these views were by Oligarchic, Loudmouth, Despicable Friends and Acquaintances of Russert, Tim ... . The remaining 99% of these views were by young people and others who either supported or at least were open to Ron Paul and his message.

What do you think that 99% did? Probably many of them first said to themselves “the Lincoln that Ron Paul describes isn’t the one that I know. I wasn’t taught this in school.” After some reflection, and considering that many of the odd things Ron Paul said certainly held truth when examined, they then thought, “Maybe I will look into this.”

So they did. They found books by DiLorenzo: “The Real Lincoln” and “Lincoln Unmasked.” After reading these, they concluded that maybe Ron was onto something, and the Old Fa... were lying to them. “If they are lying about Lincoln, what else are they lying about?”

For many, this interview with Russert likely caused a desire to explore other deceptions and myths behind the American religion. More from DiLorenzo’s article at LRC:
  • In his essay on “The Nature of the State” Murray Rothbard pointed out that all states, no matter how tyrannical they may be, rely crucially on inculcating in the minds of the public the alleged grandiosity of the state and the alleged failures of private enterprise and the civil society.

Such propaganda is essential to statism, said Rothbard, because it is essentially an economical way to get the public to acquiesce in being enslaved by the state.

The neocons are becoming unglued and freaked out because they no longer control the culture of ideas among “conservatives”…
I can thank Russert because he certainly helped to contribute to this loss of faith. Had he not tried his “gotcha” approach with Ron Paul, it is likely that many of the 99% would have never looked into the Lincoln myth, and thus might not have found reason to begin to question the myriad of other myths.

The myths, as Rothbard suggests, provide economical leverage for those who would control us. Russert, so caught up in the mainstream, had no idea what he helped to unleash – and leverage, after all, works both ways.
  • A prerequisite for the final collapse of the Soviet Union was the widespread disbelief in all the lies, myths and superstitions about socialism that the people of the Soviet empire had been brainwashed into accepting.
I am sure the interview was uncomfortable for Dr. Paul, despite the man being more courageous than all other members of political office combined. Yet, just like the Rudy Giuliani moment, in the most uncomfortable of situations, Dr. Paul likely prompted many people to say to themselves “I will look into that.”

I still look back fondly on that Tim Russert moment. He certainly helped to bring on the destruction of one of the most valuable myths supporting the American religion.

Reprinted with permission from the Bionic Mosquito.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

------------ The R-EVOL-ution Continues!!! ------------

www.RonPaulChannel.com

Be a Part of It!

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The Revolution is About to Begin

"Forcing transparency, providing accurate and timely reporting, and sharing analysis about what's actually going on! There are some in mainstream media who have been asleep at the switch. So we are taking on the challenge, because you deserve the truth.

The Ron Paul Channel will be a platform for the uncensored, and sometimes ugly, truth that you won't see anywhere else. We'll feature the boldest, most fearless patriots and bring you the news and information everyone else is afraid to cover. We won't play favorites. We will invite guests who have differing points of view and here's an idea—we will engage in an honest conversation, or even debate, about the issues. We won't be influenced by advertisers, and we won't be censored. The Ron Paul Channel will be OUR channel! And the channel for the Truth.

If I know anything about the commitment of so many supporters of liberty like you, it's this:

Together we'll change more than just the information people get about the world around them -- we'll change the future of the country we love so much.

I sincerely hope all of you will join me in this patriotic experiment to change the media landscape.

Watch my video and sign up so you don't miss the full launch of the Ron Paul Channel:

http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/preview

Sincerely,
Dr. Ron Paul"

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

CNN covers Ron Paul Channel

See the trailer here:
http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/video/ron-paul-trailer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/ron-paul-on-rt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

All I Want for Christmas is a (Real) Government Shutdown

By Ron Paul
Ron Paul Institute
December 16, 2014

Image Image ImageImageImage

The political class breathed a sigh of relief Saturday when the US Senate averted a government shutdown by passing the $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill. This year’s omnibus resembles omnibuses of Christmas past in that it was drafted in secret, was full of special interest deals and disguised spending increases, and was voted on before most members could read it.

The debate over the omnibus may have made for entertaining political theater, but the outcome was never in doubt. Most House and Senate members are so terrified of another government shutdown that they would rather vote for a 1,774-page bill they have not read than risk even a one or two-day government shutdown.

Those who voted for the omnibus to avoid a shutdown fail to grasp that the consequences of blindly expanding government are far worse than the consequences of a temporary government shutdown. A short or even long-term government shutdown is a small price to pay to avoid an economic calamity caused by Congress’ failure to reduce spending and debt.

The political class’ shutdown phobia is particularly puzzling because a shutdown only closes 20 percent of the federal government. As the American people learned during the government shutdown of 2013, the country can survive with 20 percent less government.

Instead of panicking over a limited shutdown, a true pro-liberty Congress would be eagerly drawing up plans to permanently close most of the federal government, staring with the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve’s inflationary policies not only degrade the average American’s standard of living, they also allow Congress to run up huge deficits. Congress should take the first step toward restoring a sound monetary policy by passing the Audit the Fed bill, so the American people can finally learn the truth about the Fed’s operations.

Second on the chopping block should be the Internal Revenue Service. The federal government is perfectly capable of performing its constitutional functions without imposing a tyrannical income tax system on the American people.

America’s militaristic foreign policy should certainly be high on the shutdown list. The troops should be brought home, all foreign aid should be ended, and America should pursue a policy of peace and free trade with all nations. Ending the foreign policy of hyper-interventionism that causes so many to resent and even hate America will increase our national security.

All programs that spy on or otherwise interfere with the private lives of American citizens should be shutdown. This means no more TSA, NSA, or CIA, as well as an end to all federal programs that promote police militarization. The unconstitutional war on drugs should also end, along with the war on raw milk.

All forms of welfare should be shut down, starting with those welfare programs that benefit the wealthy and the politically well connected. Corporate welfare, including welfare for the military-industrial complex that masquerades as “defense spending,” should be first on the chopping block. Welfare for those with lower incomes could be more slowly phased out to protect those who have become dependent on those programs.

The Department of Education should be permanently padlocked. This would free American schoolchildren from the dumbed-down education imposed by Common Core and No Child Left Behind. Of course, Obamacare, and similar programs, must be shut down so we can finally have free-market health care.
Congress could not have picked a worse Christmas gift for the American people than the 1,774-page omnibus spending bill. Unfortunately, we cannot return this gift. But hopefully someday Congress will give us the gift of peace, prosperity, and liberty by shutting down the welfare-warfare state.
The Best of Ron Paul

Copyright © 2014 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.
Previous article by Ron Paul: DC Home for the Criminally Insane

Did the GOP Tell the Truth?The Oil Price Collapse

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Ron Paul Predicts Inevitable and Complete Currency Collapse

Former U.S. Presidential candidate & 22-year Congressman explains a huge problem
few Americans know about – and how you should prepare...

Watch it here.