Ron Paul runs - Ron Paul Wins!

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Ron Paul runs - Ron Paul Wins!

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Legion wrote:People chose via the Constitution for Congress to create or coin the money.
I didn't choose it. Neither did anyone I know. It was chosen by people who died over 200 years ago. And even if EVERYONE around me chose it, it means exactly ZERO to me, because NO ONE has a moral right to "choose" for me what to do with MY property, and what to transact in with my neighbor. Do you get this much? You cannot choose FOR SOMEONE ELSE what to do with THEIR property. Even if everyone on earth votes to confiscate your stuff, they have no moral right to do so. You, in principle, have no moral right to "vote" on the property of another. Get it? It is called JUSTICE. You may have heard of it.
Legion wrote:Gold and silver were only to tidy up the mess from competing currencies under the Articles of Confederation.
But it wasn't amended or changed. It is still in the Constitution. Are you picking and choosing what is binding in the Constitution? Seems like a contradiction in your position, to me.

You are contradicting yourself.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

I wish Ron Paul's ads were as well done as these!

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary Johnson is a dramatic improvement over the other two running.
Yet, he is still "a little bit pregnant" with statism. He wants to abolish income taxes, corporate taxes, capital gain taxes, and the IRS! Which is great! But he wants to create a "fair" value added tax. He does not understand that "fair" tax is no more possible than "fair" rape, or "fair" theft. I am still writing in Ron Paul!

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Ron Paul supporters turn out in droves for speech at UVU

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=960&sid=22597067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I say he is still running, but for 2016 perhaps, or for the eternal cause of Liberty.

OREM — Though he is no longer in the race, thousands turned out for Ron Paul's appearance at Utah Valley University Thursday.

The Texas congressman and former Republican presidential candidate's "revolution" continues for droves who turned out to hear him give his 45 minute speech at the school. The speech, which he delivered without notes, ranged in issues from free markers, the deficit, welfare, poverty and limited government.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Ron Paul Nails the Debate better than the two in it!

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The Libertarian Prairie Fire
Ron Paul, who set it alight, talks to Lew Rockwell about its speed and spread.

Push play to listen to the full audio.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

I am writing in Ron Paul!

(If Hitler wins will you also vote for him?)

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Obamanoids have spoken. The Obamanable administration will continue.

I think it is actually good for the cause of liberty. By the end of the next 4 years, after the dollar collapse, people will be SO fed up with statism, that Ron Paul will actually have a chance!

Hurray!

Ron Paul 2016 !!!

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

GOP in Deep Trouble, Ron Paul Looking Good
The Ron Paul movement is a big winner here. The GOP told the libertarians in the party to get lost, and the GOP paid for it. Interestingly, both Iowa and Nevada, where Ron Paul supporters gained control of the state party, both went to Obama after the Romney campaign actively fought to disenfranchise Ron Paul supporters. I guess the GOP got what it wanted there.

There is exactly one movement that offers any real opposition to the status quo, and it ain’t the conservative movement, which is on life support and entering a permanent vegetative state. Ron Paul’s libertarian movement, brimming with well-educated young people is the only thing left standing. The GOP operatives who predicted a big victory tonight just look pathetic.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/gop-in-deep ... -good.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Ron Paul can win. Why? Look at this picture.
46%, i.e. the MAJORITY of Americans did NOT vote for either candidate. (Obama got 27%, Romney 25%, 46% chose NEITHER). Had Ron Paul been on the ballot, and was not lied about by the lying media, who said he "lost in Iowa" when in reality he won, as they later admitted (the same happened in about 4 or 5 places), all this to convince the public "he has no chance" which is a lie; anyway, had the SILENT MAJORITY known they have ANOTHER CHOICE besides the clowns who ran in the finals, Ron Paul could have been president this year.

I wrote in Ron Paul, because I vote on correct principle, not a political "expedience." If everyone voted this way, Ron Paul would be president now. All prophesies are self-fulfilling. ALL. Start fulfilling something good!

So let's do it in

2016!

I think Ron should announce his 2016 run NOW!

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

We're broke and already over the fiscal cliff. There is no solution. Prepare.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/ron-paul ... Tvxkw.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Wow! Nice one, upb!

Thanks.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

ktg wrote:We're broke and already over the fiscal cliff. There is no solution. Prepare.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/ron-paul ... Tvxkw.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
True and false. True, collapse is inevitable. But the Solution is sound money and Fundamental Principles of Liberty.

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

LoveIsTruth wrote:
ktg wrote:We're broke and already over the fiscal cliff. There is no solution. Prepare.

True and false. True, collapse is inevitable. But the Solution is sound money and Fundamental Principles of Liberty.
In absolute terms, yes; however, in context, what RP was saying is that we will not elect enough good members of congress in the next 5 to 10 years to make a difference. Therefore, all things considered, there is no possible solution.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

ktg wrote:In absolute terms, yes; however, in context, what RP was saying is that we will not elect enough good members of congress in the next 5 to 10 years to make a difference. Therefore, all things considered, there is no possible solution.
You either educate people in correct principles of liberty, or the elites will provide you with "solutions" after the collapse. Google "Problem-Reaction-Solution."

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Ron Paul:
"If you had sound money, you would not have deficits, because you cannot print money."

This is the key, politically and economically speaking. Everything else is fluff and different degrees of a lie.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ron-paul-el ... -gone.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Note to GOP: Ron Paul would have won
For the next many months, we're going to hear pundit after pundit, politician after politician, and spokeshole after spokeshole wax poetic about the 2012 campaign and why the GOP lost. They will all go on and on and on, regurgitating talking points and theories. None of it matters.

Deep down, all they need to know is this:

Ron Paul would have won. In a landslide.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I wish I could believe that Ron Paul would have won, never mind In a landslide. Between those voters who wanted Obama for various reasons and those who were deceived by Romney, I cannot see that Paul had much hope. IMO, ideally, Ron Paul should have appealed to all LDS voters. Yet I think it was a very small % of LDS voters voted for him in the primaries. Should we expect any better among non-LDS voters ? I think not.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

lundbaek wrote:I wish I could believe that Ron Paul would have won, never mind In a landslide. Between those voters who wanted Obama for various reasons and those who were deceived by Romney, I cannot see that Paul had much hope. IMO, ideally, Ron Paul should have appealed to all LDS voters. Yet I think it was a very small % of LDS voters voted for him in the primaries. Should we expect any better among non-LDS voters ? I think not.
I think the premise was IF Ron Paul were the nominee of the Republican party in the final election, it would have been him against Obama, republicans and many democrats voting for Paul. I think he would have won.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

I voted for Paul, too. I haven't felt this good since 2008.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

britjas wrote:I voted for Paul, too. I haven't felt this good since 2008.
Just think how good you will feel in 2016! :)

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The Hill:
Retiring Ron Paul to make his case for liberty on college campuses next year

"Retiring Rep. Ron Paul plans to deliver speeches on college campuses next year and beyond, continuing his message of liberty and reducing the size of the federal government.

In an interview with The Hill, the Texas Republican clearly indicated that he isn’t ready for the rocking chair.

The 77-year-old physician-politician said, “I'm excited about spending more time on college campuses, not less. College campuses will still be on my agenda. That's where the action is."

He added, “The young people don't like the debt they are inheriting, the violation of their civil liberties. They don't like the war and it's a fertile field. The people up here sort of ignore them."

During the 2012 GOP presidential primary campaign, Paul said that he visited at least 36 college campuses. He was surprised that the best turnout occurred at the historically liberal bastion, U.C. Berkeley, where 8,500 students attended his event.

[On the Congress floor in his last speech] Paul declared that his “goals in 1976 were the same as they are today: promote peace and prosperity by a strict adherence to the principles of individual liberty.”

The congressman branched off into numerous topics: abolishing federal agencies (including the IRS); a return to the gold standard; and the peril of excessive taxation.

Though he made the case that the U.S. government “continues fiddling around, our liberties and our wealth burn in the flames of a foreign policy that makes us less safe,” Paul expressed optimism that the younger generation is more open to returning to the cause of liberty.

"Compared to 1976 when I first came to Congress," Paul said, "the desire for more freedom and less government in 2012 is much greater and growing, especially in grassroots America...Our job, for those of us who believe that a different system than the one we have had for the last hundred years has driven us to this unsustainable crisis, is to be more convincing that there is a wonderful, uncomplicated and moral system that provides the answers.""

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/26859 ... -next-year

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"Retiring Rep. Ron Paul plans to deliver speeches on college campuses next year and beyond, continuing his message of liberty and reducing the size of the federal government."

May I suggest you review the article down below and send a similar suggestion to Ron Paul via the link provided below.

I understand you plan to make the case for liberty on college campuses next year. Please, please, please, make every effort to speak at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, and also at its affiliates, BYU Idaho in Rexburg, ID and BYU Hawaii. Students at these universities should be more receptive to you message than most, especially once they hear it from you. As an alternative to BYU in Provo, I also recommend Utah Valley University, the University of Utah, Utah State University, and Dixie College in St. George, UT.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/contact-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

He recently spoke at UVU to an awesome reception!